Sign in to follow this  
conor82@live.co.uk

Can You Pick Up Hacked Weapons /Will You Get Banned If U Pick It Up?

At the moment we do not punish possessing them, but we do punish spawning them.

I would simply advise avoiding them. There is no telling when battleye may find a way to trace them and act on its own. We do not control battleye.

From the man himself in another thread asking the same question:

No

This rumour has no basis to it whatsoever.

Using a hacked vehicle/weapon will identify you during database analysis, and your character may receive special logging attention in the database, but you will not receive a ban without creating them yourself.

Regardless, if you're fully aware the weapon was scripted in, you shouldn't be involved with it. It's just frowned upon.

EDIT: Yikes, I step out the room to do a little research and I get triple ninja'd.

Edited by Raphie

Can You Get Banned For Picking Up Hacked Weapons Please Tell Me My Friend Wants To Know Thanks

No, you will not get a global ban for picking up a hacked weapon. Only if you are found to run scripts. From BattleEye

"No one is banned for using non-hack programs (like Fraps, overlays, etc.), picking up or using hacked in-game items, weapons or vehicles, being on a server at the same time as a cheater, or other passive non-cheating activity. Therefore all requests mentioning these things as possible reasons for the global ban are ignored."

A local server admin may kick you if he wants, but you wont get a global

A local server admin may kick you if he wants, but you wont get a global

Or ban that's more than likely. Better to just ditch the weapon tbh. I certainly ban for having AS50 TWSs and such... there are plenty of other servers for them to play on if they get banned but i prefer players not having an unfair advantage agains't other players on the server. Its such an overpowered weapon!