Sign in to follow this  
Bone (DayZ)

updated to 95777 can't conneckt to servers

Hi,

So I updated my beta to 95777 and if I use six launcher to connect to some of the servers I have used in the last week (how long I have been playing this game). I get the message “bad version server rejected connection”. So after spending a good 3 hours now doing everything that the good ppl on the internet told me to do(I think) I noticed if I look at the servers from arma 2 OA, the version number in the right bottom corner says version: 1.62 and required: 1.62.95775. (in red). How can I fix this? Have I not installed the beta patch correctly? And why is it saying 95775 and not 95777? I can still play on a few servers with older versions, but would really like to get back to the servers my friends are using.

In advance, thanx :)

You did right by manually updating it but when using sixluncher to play the game, it will downgrade the betapatch.

So you have to lunch the game manually, via OA->Expension->AOBeta patch.exe or something like that, in short.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

How long does six launcher usually take to get the right patch up for download? Would love to not go trough the manual installation like the OP did (Seems like a lot of work if you have not done it before) (=

Edited by Jokkeh

Yep getting the even newer version, and instead of using six Launcher/updater went to the folder and used “Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch” certainly solved my problem.

Should be mentioned that it did not work if I tried it from six launcher and then went back to open it from OA Beta patch, had to install it again, never opening six launcher again o0

BTW I noticed that the servers I could play on of those I filtered out was more populated (maxed out or close, the rest was less than 10 on each), So I guess there are more people that have similar problems.

Thanks from the bottom of this survivors heart :P