Sign in to follow this  
cindyanne1

I found a tent!

... now what? LOL

I'm pretty sure what I am supposed to do with it is find a (hopefully) out of the way place where no one will find it, and stow extra food, etc. in it? Does it only stay on that server?

Yep tents are serverbound

u can put in whatever u want to

Edited by Magicool

Well, now you pick it up and run with it until you find somewhere you like the look of (yeah, preferably outta the way so people don't find your camp) then open inventory and try to place it. It might not work first time (welcome to Day Z) but keep trying and then put some stuff in it and click Save Camping Tent or whatever it says :P And you are correct, tents are local to a server, your tent will not appear in any other servers I'm afraid.

now what? i dont know.

Find a place to pitch it? i guess so

Does it stay on that server? yes, and only that server.

Find a good hiding place. Preferably between some trees/bushes and away from populated areas or highly-trafficked corridors.

You can place it near obstacles if you're patient: stand where you want to place it, open your gear menu, and try to 'Pitch Tent.' If you get the flat ground error message, without closing your gear menu, nudge your player ever so slightly in a direction and try to pitch again. Repeat until it works.

Make sure to 'Save old camping tent' any time you add gear/items. Best to also note your map coordinates for ease of finding it in the future.

Yes, it will stay on a single server.

Inventory is not unlimited, ~10 guns, ~5 backpacks and 50 miscellaneous items/ammunition.

Cross your fingers and hope it doesn't get found 2 hours after you put it down.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

The tent's are the worst programmed, buggy excuse of a feature I've experienced in a long time. Not only do they duplicate gear, they also delete all the gear comletely sometimes. Oh, and that's if you actually manage to pitch one of these psychadelic, transportation, multiplication vortexes. Follow this guide to figure how to pitch it

Edited by MrX

Make sure to 'Save old camping tent' any time you add gear/items.

Keep in mind there is some goofiness when it comes to 'saving' tents. I can't remember which, but I think if you put items in a tent, then save it, and the server restarts, every time the server restarts it will have that inventory. Nothing new, nothing lost. Correct me if I am wrong, please, but I believe thats whats happening.

Funny story - I found a tent that had 6 jerry cans in it when I was on an ATV - JACKPOT! I took 4 of them, a cooked meat, and a car wheel, thought I head footsteps, and booked it out of there real quick.

Came back the next morning after a server restart and the tent had the exact same inventory. The dude probably had no idea I raided his tent!

Best to also note your map coordinates for ease of finding it in the future.

Careful with this. Write down your map coordinates on a piece of paper at your desk - do not make a note in the map. EVERYONE on the server can see the notes on the map.

I like to put notes that there are heli crashes or tents up at the far left corner of the map. I'm sure I'm keeping someone busy doing that :)

Edited by hoorah

I found my first tent, was almost dead, pitched it, stuffed all my stuff in it and then died. I made it back to the tent an hour later on a server with 2-3 people but I couldn't take anything out of it. I was able to put stuff into it, though. The server crashed a bit later and when I came back the next day I was 30 minutes away from the tent spot and half dead. Is this normal?

The server crashed a bit later and when I came back the next day I was 30 minutes away from the tent spot and half dead. Is this normal?

Well, "normal" is a subjective term when it comes to DayZ...

Right now in DayZ it is normal to be teleported to thunderdome.