JohnDoe123 (DayZ)

Bad version - Still running 1.7.2.4 ?

This is my first post on the forums.

Today I have been having problems connecting to a server due to "Bad Version" .

I do have the 1.7.2.4 version, and as far as I know, it is the latest version of DayZ.

I'm also joining servers that use the 1.7.2.4. It worked fine yesterday, but today every server rejects me.

I have verified and updated the mod with Six Launcher, but it still doesn't work.

So do anyone know what i could do?

Has the mod been updated the last 8 hours?

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Thanks! - TwiiN

The only chance is a complete reinstall with Six Launcher.

Steam/Steamapps/common/Arma 2 OA/(search for the "beta"-folder) and then delete it.

Then run Six Launcher and update.

Edited by Flexho

When connecting to servers you will see both the Mod Version (DAYZ) and the Arma2 Beta Version that the server is running. Example :

DAYZ Version in Green/Arma2 Beta version Red

DayZ - DE 795 (v1.7.2.4/Beta 95417) [REGULAR|3DP:ON|CH:ON][GMT-6] dayzmod.com - MarVin de.png?1163393039

I believe that you need to be running the same version of the Arma2 Beta Patch as the server or a newer version in order to avoid being kicked for "Bad Version".

Some of the Programs such as Six Launcher may update your Arma2 Beta Patch if you run Six Updater, I don't know how DAYZ Commander works. If you have to manually install a different Beta Version you will need to go here .... http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/

Depending on how you launch the game you may have to make some changes with the new files after you upgrade. This Thread shows how to setup Steam for DayZ and talks about how to manually update the Arma2 Beta Version... http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/43477-dayz-from-steam-in-a-few-brief-and-simple-steps-no-third-party-programs-such-as-sixupdater-all-in-all-granting-better-experience/page__hl__%2Bsteam+%2Bbrief+%2Bsteps

As I Said before perhaps DayZ Commander/Six Launcher may be able to automatically update the files for you.

how was your solution? i have the same problem. i have already updated arma 2 to beta 95883 and dayz to 1.7.2.5. My Server have the same versions, but i and my friends are already get the "bad version" error :(

i use six launcher and dayzcommander.