RECphantom

Military Base Camps

Just a thought i had the other day while pitching tents and stringing barbed wire for my groups camp, with the stand-alone version coming out and all.

An interesting addition to the stand-alone map would be small military base camps(forts, for example) that are located in various locations on the map, that are equipped with deer-stand-like towers, destructible walls, and possibly a turret of some kind.

I think it would add an interesting aspect to team battles, to have a goal to control the base which could also be equipped with lots of ammunition/food/drink, weapons, and possibly a vehicle or two.

Would just be another way to connect the players to the environment, any feedback?

• Like 2

would like to see this, but I think Rocket said player built/owned "underground" bases are going to be his move forward?

correct if wrong :)

AJ

Well, i suppose ideas like that are the reason he's the head honcho! As long as we get some sort of better system for setting up bases, I'll be very pleased! thanks for the info.

I don´t think it would work. It would just be another high yield military loot location. Vehicles would be taken within 10 minutes and anything else would just be looted like anything else on the map. Staying there and trying to make it groups base would be suicide. Once it became to public knowledge that a clan or group was keeping it as their own they would perish soon to one of the following:

-snipers

-server hoppers

-hackers.

@Vinc

I think we can hope that the problem with server hopping and hacking will be solved in the long run/stand-alone, though you do make a valid point until such issues are addressed.

So there would really have to be an incentive for holding the base, which i presented none in the OP. Something to think about. Though teams could easily set up in the base, and deliver KBs to those who try and loot it, therefor holding all the supplies for themselves. Which is why i feel it's an interesting aspect for team fights. Whereas right now, military loot spots have so many vantage points that anyone with half a brain can sit on a hill and snipe looters.

would like to see this, but I think Rocket said player built/owned "underground" bases are going to be his move forward?

AJ

Really ? he said that ? Cool. That's so awesome..better than a one man trench. An underground command center FTW.

AJ

Yes rocket mentioned this as a possible solution for the server hopping problem which is a consequence of non-server-bound characters.

If you swap a server while underground the switching would just set you overground.

AJ

Underground?

As in like a bunker?

good idea,

also if it will be possible to use apartments, houses etc,in cities and barricade them.

this will be a "safe" house, no zombies and loot spawns inside it.