strayshadow

Give players CPR as an ability?

Read a suggestion about a defibrillator earlier and after talking to some people in a server (i think it was Chicago 5) we thought CPR may be a good edition.

All players would be capable of administering it using the context menu.

Instead of immediately being shown the respawn prompt screen, IF a players wounds weren't too massive, they get a short countdown in which, if CPR is administered they may survive. Probably with the ability to just give up and die rather than wait around if you know no one is coming.

I remember being told the real chance of CPR working is 3% (not certain of that!) so it wouldn't be some miracle resurrection spell to bring everyone back.

Carrying out CPR would also leave the patient and the person administering it vulnerable so it wouldn't be without its risks.

CPR (Cardiopulmonary resuscitation) would have no use in this mod since people are getting shot or eaten alive.

I really don't think CPR is going to get the bullets out of someone or somehow magically bring them back to life if they have been eaten alive.

CPR (Cardiopulmonary resuscitation) would have no use in this mod since people are getting shot or eaten alive.

I really don't think CPR is going to get the bullets out of someone or somehow magically bring them back to life if they have been eaten alive.

lol veery good point... CPR is pretty much heart attacks. Ok that was some class A bollocks on my part.

Also I feel your pain, I was eaten by a rock earlier today =(

Are you trying to say heart only stops when gets directly damaged or the brain dies?

There many ways to treat bullet wounds.

The problem here is that the death message shows too soon, otherwise an unconscious body may not be fired at if there are other, certainly more dangerous, targets.

Basically there should be an option to feign death, too.

Sorry, it was a good idea tho :P

It's just that the only time CPR could even be possibly considered in this mod, is when a player falls down, but since they are only unconscious, and there heart is still pumping and they are still breathing, there wouldn't be any need for CPR.

Epi-pen is, basically, CPR-in-a-can. That is already covered.

Giving it up to a rescourceless action will take away a bit of strategy.

It wouldn't be for unconsciousness, the Epi-pen wakes up a player. This would be used on a player that has died.

It is the exact same mechanic repeated unnecessarily =P I failed to look a bit deeper into it before posting. But that's what this forum is for, you post an idea, you get feedback and people point out the obvious that you managed to miss =D