Blakbewwy

Why is everyone so hostile!?

Hey. Before someone says it, I know about not getting attached to your gear and everything.

It just seems that the DayZ community has become so hostile since I started playing it. When I was first playing it, bandits seemed much less common and I could actually come across survivors who would help me, or I'd help them. Now, me and my team have to resort to killing on sight purely because EVERYONE on DayZ will try shoot us. I don't understand where this hostility started. I mean, the game is supposed to be realistic (which virtually all of it is apart from this) but we have a community of rampaging murderers killing anyone they see. :(

I'm just curious as to what other people on the forums think; do you have to shoot everyone too? Are you a bandit yourself? Do you find it as annoying as I do that the only thing survivors do is shoot eachother?

Most people have absolutely nothing interesting to do in the game since they're all duping the everloving shit out of everything. When they die they just go back to their campsite and have all their loot again.

Since most of this game is about surviving and finding items, when you take that away there's nothing left to do but pretend it's a big deathmatch.

Most players aren't creative or interesting enough to play this any other way.

• Like 7

Yeah, tell me about it. People just don't have the spirit or creativity!

Most people just see it as "Kill or be killed" type of thing. But from my experience it's difficult to judge if someone will backstab you or not.

I avoided this by creating a thread on the forums about making a small squad with new characters, then if those people do kill you what do they achieve? Woohoo they killed a player for a bandage!

I hope that this can be slightly fixed in the future with maybe a kind of small punishment for murder (Although I have no idea how that could be done).

I'm interested to see everyone else's thoughts about this too.

~ Oll

Realistic? No.

Authentic? Yes.

If you see a dude, that is a big problem that you will have to solve sooner or later. Solution? It involves a 1911 and a 1911 mag.

Also, they do it because they CAN do it. Want to shoot that guy who has spent the past hours or so helping you? Go ahead. Take his stuff, w00t! Better gear. You may be a dick in doing this, but it's easier to do so.

What he said ^^

Just try and find friends in RL to play with make have fun with it :)

I actually try and help people, just got an AS50 and started sniping zombies chasing a guy, once they all dead, he charged me shooting his rifle off...after that I just let the zombies munch him :)

You have almost nothing to gain by assuming a person is friendly and a very high change of losing everything if you are and they aren't. Funnily enough it's only around Cherno/Electro that you get friendly encounters now as there are a higher number of people with no weapon or not enough loot to worry too much about losing it.

Most people have absolutely nothing interesting to do in the game since they're all duping the everloving shit out of everything. When they die they just go back to their campsite and have all their loot again.

Since most of this game is about surviving and finding items, when you take that away there's nothing left to do but pretend it's a big deathmatch.

Yeah he makes sense here.. people just don't have the imagination to plot raids etc. they would rather camp in Cherno/Elektro sniping anything they see. Best thing to do is chat to groups on the forums and meet up, use TS or something so you can help each other, or be like me and help fresh spawns get started by donating minor equipment and giving them a safe passage along the east. You can never predict the actions and thoughts of another witch has made the game into a bit of a death match... my advice, stay away from the coast.. and loot the places up North!

Well said sir..

I noticed this myself, but im playing the game the way i want it anyway, theres so many ways to play this game.

It got more hostile once they took out Bandit skins.

I try to talk to people most times. I should stop doing this, I however don't want to turn into a shoot on sight kind of douche. I prefer to give someone a chance.

Agreed. I would put it down mainly to 3 things:

Duping: This means people don't have to worry about ammo or their gear so can just run around blasting the shit out of everything without a care in the world.

Lack of imagination: When people do get a decent gear, many seem to struggle with the sandbox style gameplay. Without a clear goal they just can't think of anything else to do.

Lack of patience: For me, DayZ is a game of patience and tactics. I think some people were attracted to the game expecting something else and now they have it they don't really want to spend time doing anything else other than running around the cities having firefights.

BTW : I don't include proper bandits in the above as it's a genuine playstyle that makes the game a hell of a lot more exciting.

I'm one of those "Cherno/Elektro" snipers that shoot people. Although I do call out friendly a lot (When I was running around) in the hopes of finding someone like you. But it always ends up me shouting "Hey you, don't move or I'll shoot, get on the ground" and then they'll just look around a bit and I:ll repeat the order. Eventually they start running and I have no choice but to shoot them before they gain the upper hand on me :c