OperationDayZ

Any Night Time Changes/Fixes/Features?

Does anyone know if the night time issue is going to be fixed? Or any new features going to be placed in?

Cos at night holding a glow stick just to see isn't doing it, then zombies/anyone can see you 100%.. Ethier run away all day or die 70% of the time?

I thought I'd ask that's all..

Thanks.

I assume rocket will be implementing some post processing effects to take care of this. I know other ARMA mods have your vision slowly accustom to be in the dark and you can lose that night vision by looking at lights.

I assume rocket will be implementing some post processing effects to take care of this. I know other ARMA mods have your vision slowly accustom to be in the dark and you can lose that night vision by looking at lights.

Why, its dark, I grant you that, but then again it is night time...

Why' date=' its dark, I grant you that, but then again it is night time...

[/quote']

Because playing at night is not entertaining. People would rather not play than having to deal with raving around in the dark completely blind or lighting themself up like a christmas tree, which is the equivalent of painting a "Shoot me" sign and running naked through chernogorsk with it.

Why' date=' its dark, I grant you that, but then again it is night time...

[/quote']

Because playing at night is not entertaining. People would rather not play than having to deal with raving around in the dark completely blind or lighting themself up like a christmas tree, which is the equivalent of painting a "Shoot me" sign and running naked through chernogorsk with it.

I actually prefer night. It's easier to get around as long as you use the coast line and the whole game is that more intense when you enter a city and try and find some equipment.

I've also found people are more likely to work together because they feel more helpless in the dark, but it can also lead to a twitchy trigger finger at the same time.

Max your HDR, gamma, and brightness. Night is alright as is with a full moon, but I don't think you should have to max your gamma and brightness just to maneuver in the dark.

I think the main problem is cos at night it's so easy to get alerted by zombies, and a lot of trouble of getting rid of them. I've ran quite far to and always having trouble getting rid of them, but most of time the horde grows.. :(

Was wondering can you out run them? Not really enough bullets to kill every single one and then the loop cycle of getting alerted again off your firing shots.. You get what I mean? It's like an infinite cycle of an alerted loop. Playing at night doesn't help at all..

I don't 100% understand what's post processing effects' date=' but how can it be used to help night time gameplay? Example?

Max your HDR, gamma, and brightness. Night is alright as is with a full moon, but I don't think you should have to max your gamma and brightness just to maneuver in the dark.

But doesn't that just destroys the purpose of night time gameplay? If everyone is being told to turn up the brightness/gamma/hdr? Why not just set/fix this?