skurcey

Combine clips

This feature lack in all games since too long. I remember when i was playing RPG books, we would allways refilled our clip with bullets to maximum when we had time. It can take a bit of time, but it s very annoying to have 1 slot taken by clip containing 1 or 2 bullets ...

If it lacks in all games it sounds like a hassle to add in DayZ. I see nothing wrong with the idea but there are probably many other things that needs Rockets attention.

I have suggested this before, a mod exists that allows the player to manually unload and reload clips so your carrying as few as possible, it would also be nice to allow players to move ammo from say a 9mm MP5 clip into a 9mm M9 clip.

Or have a box of rounds that takes up a single slot and re-fill mags from that.

The issue with that sort of thing is that you'd have to re-add a new magazine when its been emptied instead of clearing the inventory slot as it happens now. That means players would have more inventory management to clear out empty mags that they don't want.

I'd personally like to keep empty mags and refill them, but I have a feeling most players wouldn't.

I'd actually love to see this as a hardcore mode type server option where server owners could enable or disable this system across the server.

Another option might be to have a user setting that default drops empty mags that can be enabled/disabled to cover that extra inventory management.

Or have a box of rounds that takes up a single slot and re-fill mags from that.

The issue with that sort of thing is that you'd have to re-add a new magazine when its been emptied instead of clearing the inventory slot as it happens now. That means players would have more inventory management to clear out empty mags that they don't want.

I'd personally like to keep empty mags and refill them' date=' but I have a feeling most players wouldn't.

[/quote']

I'd love this, to find ammo boxes of bullets but you need to find a mag for them to go into and when you have emptied a mag you can manually reload it.

Plus it'd make finding clips for guns you don't have more useful, can remove bullets from the clip and toss it.

To compensate for the extra inventory space the boxes of ammo could have a high bullet capacity, so up to 100 rounds in each box.

This would address alot of issues about there being too many ammo clips about for very specific guns, for example 9mm rounds in a box could be put into MP5 clips, M9 clips etc... making one ammo resource available to multiple guns clip types.

Yes, pulling out ammo from mags you don't want, or even sharing out your ammo types to others you're playing with, was one thing I was looking forward to.

If that was the case, the ammo box objects could be an additional loot item, and varied sized boxes could be more efficient.

A crappy 9mm box might hold only 40 rounds while another holds 100.

You could also go into using multiple slots, so a 100 round 1 slot box would be more rare than a 100 round 2 slot box.

ACE mods have something called "repackaging mags" or something close that allow to merge your almost empty mags between them, this way you gain room in your inventory and you know exactly how much full clip you actually have left.

no idea how difficult it is to implement this tho

No need for empty magazines or pure ammo boxes, simply beeing able to combine the magazines you have is enough and that has been done in other Arma2 mods already.

If you have two magazines with 12/30 shots each, combine them and get one with 24/30 shots. If you have 20/30 and 15/30 you'll get one with 30/30 and one with 5/30. This works pretty well, so theres no need to overcomplicate it.

In case you didnt notice, arma2 unlike many games already handles half-spent magazines and doesn't magically give you a full clip whenever you reload. It just doesnt handle combining them (atleast not without mods)

No need for empty magazines or pure ammo boxes' date=' simply beeing able to combine the magazines you have is enough and that has been done in other Arma2 mods already.

If you have two magazines with 12/30 shots each, combine them and get one with 24/30 shots. If you have 20/30 and 15/30 you'll get one with 30/30 and one with 5/30. This works pretty well, so theres no need to overcomplicate it.

In case you didnt notice, arma2 unlike many games already handles half-spent magazines and doesn't magically give you a full clip whenever you reload. It just doesnt handle combining them (atleast not without mods)

[/quote']

The case I make thou is that by combining clips into 1 you end up with 1 clip and still gotta scavenge to find another, while if you carry empty clips around you just need to find bullets that fit. NATO clips are too rare to be useful right now so I'd want to keep my empties for reuse.

Agree, I was thinking about that too. Ammo takes too much place in inventory. If tent takes 3 slots and each ammo clip takes 1 slot, don't you think that tent is not that small as 3 ammo clips?

I think you should make ammo clip stacking in 1 slot for each type of clips.

The case I make thou is ...

I know, but if you find ammo only in the form of magazines (the current state), then this is completely unnecessary and I see no real benefit from it. :angel:

To me, the ability to combine mags is all it needs.

Take the ACE2 mod for example: They've added all sorts of crazy stuff like beeing able to rest your weapon on the shoulder of a comrade. Ofcourse they also have the combine-mags functionality. Yet they've not seen any necessity to add empty magazines and seperate ammo.

+100000000

Seriously, there is no saying this enough. I may do the code myself, if I can find my old Arma1 scripts that did this an adapt them, and just give it to rocket.

Something I'd suggest in addition to being able to consolidate remaining ammo in mags, is the ability to see how many rounds are left in a mag. That way you know which to discard in order to free up inventory space.

yeah you would find Clips or ammo boxes, and you would keep your empty clips to refill for later use. That would add a terrific gameplay.

It's a bit retarded to "throw" all your so precious clips away. ***Removed anti-neocolonialism prejudice***

I think this is one of those features that is in the "must have" list. I've seen this feature in was it ACE2 or Project Reality? Can't remember, but still it's possible to do in Arma 2.

I think this is one of those features that is in the "must have" list. I've seen this feature in was it ACE2 or Project Reality? Can't remember' date=' but still it's possible to do in Arma 2.

[/quote']It's in ACE/ACEX, you'd say "combine those magazines bro" and he'd be like "okay i'll talk to you in an hour" and sit there with a very slowly increasing bar

It's in ACE/ACEX' date=' you'd say "combine those magazines bro" and he'd be like "okay i'll talk to you in an hour" and sit there with a very slowly increasing bar

[/quote']

Hah, works fine by me. I always thought it would take about 15-30 seconds to empty and fill those half empty mags.

It's in ACE/ACEX' date=' you'd say "combine those magazines bro" and he'd be like "okay i'll talk to you in an hour" and sit there with a very slowly increasing bar

[/quote']

You empty and fill a magazine and see how long it takes. This shit isn't instant you know. ;)

[/quote']

You empty and fill a magazine and see how long it takes. This shit isn't instant you know. ;)

Never said I thought it was, I know shit's tedious to fill.