omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Battleye "!!! MISSING STRING"

I am currently constantly getting stuck on the loading screen, and I am unable to reinstall battleye because whenever I try to, i get the message:

missingstring1.png

Immediately followed by:

missingstring2.png

Help! How can I get around this and reinstall battleye?

EDIT: two hours of searching online did not produce an answer. We will solve this problem now.

Edited by omgwtfbbq

Not sure about the error, but you should be able to reinstall battleye using steam. Just right click on the game and click reinstall battleye anticheat.

Not sure about the error, but you should be able to reinstall battleye using steam. Just right click on the game and click reinstall battleye anticheat.

That is how I am getting the error.

Hey, i've had this also. Solved it by going to the official battleye page http://www.battleye.com/download.html and Downloading the file, client.dll

Then place that in your battleye folder (arma2AO/expansion/Battleye). should bring you up to date.

Hey, i've had this also. Solved it by going to the official battleye page http://www.battleye.com/download.html and Downloading the file, client.dll

Then place that in your battleye folder (arma2AO/expansion/Battleye). should bring you up to date.

Bump. No change.

Simply right click on Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead -> Go Properties -> Set Launch Options -> Copy and remove everything in there. Now you can reinstall BattlEye.

Don't forget to paste everything into your launch options again.

Edited by DannyB
  • Like 18

Well I will give u beans for one thing, i can play arma 2OA normally without dayz now. Ive connected it updated, it played, i crashed a plane just to be sure :P

Tried connecting to dayz mod and bam disconnected battleye client not responding. Tried a different arma 2 mod and it connected fine. I think we can chalk this up to 1.7.2.5 being a fail patch and breaking everything. I just got done talking to battleye support who says its not on their end so its gotta be dayz's battleye integration. After seeing this and the script 90/98 errors recently, we can chalk this up to a dayz patch going very much wrong. Rocket if your reading you need to fix this fast, according to dayz commander out of 3500 servers u had only about 30 that had people on them, the rest were offline, or had 0 players. It seems im not the only one having problems as there is hardly anyone on playing dayz. If i were you i would start panicking like the grunts from halo(u know the arms flailing above the head while screaming) and fixing the problem :P

• Like 4

Simply right click on Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead -> Go Properties -> Set Launch Options -> Copy and remove everything in there. Now you can reinstall BattlEye.

This has worked for me. I have been able to reinstall BE and finally play the game.

Most annoying install ever. I've spent most of the weekend trying to make it work. Anyway, thanks for the tips. Appreciate.

This. This is the answer.

Thank you very much.

Sry but i got windows in german, could you tell me what i have to open? the launch arma 2 OA beta patch file, or the files what ? :S please help me

Thank you. You've been Beanz'd

This has been bothering me for AAAAAGES!!!

Cheers.

Confirmed, had it happen a few hours ago, did this and it works.

Worked fine. Thanks for the tip :)