Sign in to follow this  
Didymus2244

Turn the Tables

Like any good-willed endeavor, this particular one begins with a moving story. It has all the usual things: Tragedy, hopelessness, denial, surrender and finally...a miracle. So let's begin...

I had washed up onto the coast only a few nights ago. Finding a house I was confronted with the brutal truth that some insidious infection had taken hold on the native population. My life was changed forever. Naturally I am a suspicious person, so i spurned the major cities knowing that all I would find was human nature at its worst. A zombie apocalypse wouldn't bring out the graces and kindness of people. I had been running through the forests for a day and coming to an open field I crouched and surveyed the landscape. To my knowledge no one was waiting to kill me once I stepped out of the tree line. Not wanting to be caught in the open I broke into a full sprint and made it across the clearing safely. I had come into a tree line that sat across another broad, open field. Again surveying my surroundings, I found something that changed the game instantly...a downed Helicopter. Till this point I didn't even know the existed so naturally I was filled with nerves, suspense...and excitement. Using my trusty Winchester I downed the Zeds that stumbled from the wreck and made my way to the smoking vehicle. It was only when I was right on top of it did I realise that this particular Newbie had hit the jackpot. Walking away from that crash I felt like a different man. I had a Ghillie suit, an SVD Camo and a PDM SD - and lots of ammo.

Jump forwards about 4 nights and I've traversed the map, killed 70+ zombies but not a single murder. The only time I came close was when I wounded a Ghillied sniper who was scoping my brother. Having hit centre mass he went down and I could see blood spray...but mysteriously he disappeared.

It's the very next evening. I'm a week into the land I've discovered is Chernarus. I'm also dangerously low on ammunition. I've one mag for my PDM SD with 25 bullets - it takes 4 of these to down a Zed, centre mass. I've 4 mags for my SVD Camo but none are above 5 rounds. I had to learn the hard way to take more care with my ammo. Realising that my weapons were not common, I knew that I would have to find some kind of military base in order to restock. Searching my map I guessed that the Int. Airport in the NW would probably be my best bet, so off I went. Being in area it didn't take long to get there. Having no prior knowledge of the area...or how frequented it was...I went in ill prepared physically, logistically and mentally. Ten minutes into the base and I've been shot 4 times. I've lost a lot of blood and everything's going grey, my vision is throbbing in and out of focus, the hostiles are not letting up and I'm completely out of ammo. Things are going very bad for me. A mad dash across the strips and into the fields is all I could do, the whole time bullets are whipping the ground up around me.

I make it to Vyborg. I'm bandaged and morphined up. Resting in a small shed I realise that I haven't eaten or drank for a long time. After the adrenaline wears off the hunger and thirst pangs kick in. The pain is excrutiating. I know I need to eat and drink soon or I'm a goner and this shed is empty. I try to sneak out the front door...I failed to hear or see the zombie just around the door's edge and he beats the living crap out of me. Again sprinting I agree 5-6 Zeds and manage to lose them in the forest. I decided that stumbling into a boar is my best chance of finding food - Vyborg is too far away now and I'm in no state to defend myself...The hatchet is all I have left.

I wake up on my back. "Wha...what's happened? I must have feinted....' This happens a few more times as I search for food.

Then came my end...

Lying in a stretch of grass, I'm searching for any kind of edible substance. That's when I hear them...Zeds - and heaps of them. They must be able to smell me or something because I think I'm surrounded! They've managed to cut off all my escape routes. I've no ammo - I can't run, I can't see! This is it...This is the end...

I try to make peace with myself. I had a good run...I've had it a lot better than so many people. Maybe I'll come back as something different, a glorious eagle, a proud boar or humble goat. Maybe my KARMA is enough to reincarnate me as a human being again...I try to focus on the adventure that my next life will be. Don't think about the zombies...don't think about all the incredible amounts of loot you are going to drop in the middle of Effing no where...

This is it. I'm going to die...Goodbye...

*Pewhd* *Pewhd* *Pewhd*....*Pewhd*

What the!?...

That sounded like a silencer!! Instinctively I cry out. 'DON'T SHOOT!!! Please! I'm dying...I need help, I need blood and food and water...please don't kill me...!'

'It's alright mate, you're fine. I'm not going to hurt you.'

"Oh thankyou!! I'm in the grass..."

'I can see you, sit up and I'll give you a blood transfusion'

Looking to my left I see what I had thought to be a tree shift. To me stepped a man in a Ghillie suit, an AS50 slung over his shoulder and a Silenced pistol trained on me. Rising to my knees I felt the cold sensation of metal inside my arm. Then I feel the strength flooding back into me. My vision clears up, the shaking stops and I feel able to stand for the first time.

"I cannot tell you how happy I am to see a friendly!"

'I've been following you since Vyborg, you kept fainting and I knew you needed help. So here I am'

We exchange names and he provides me with new weapons, ammo, food and water. Unable to fully express my gratitude I spam him with 'Thanks SOOOOO MUCH!'. We became close friends

Since that night my friend and I have headed back to the coast. Along the way I had time to think about what had happened and how I had changed. My inherent suspicion of human nature had just taken a sucker punch to the throat. (Throat punches hurt like hell and make you not be able to breath...) I came to realise that I had been living for myself. I had no care or concern for the trials and hardships of others. I hadn't really experienced them since the Heli Crash. I had lived the good life. I had been given so much, yet given nothing in return.

That's when I decided to devote my life, my gun, to the aid of those who need it most - Newbs. Having accessed a radio I picked up chatter of campers sitting around cities, mercilessly picking off those who couldn't defend themselves. I new that this was my calling. I was going to take out those who would use their gifts and guns to wreak havoc on the Human Remnant. My friend and I made a pact to never harm those who couldn't defend themselves, those who hadn't merciless harmed others and those who had nothing but their clothes.

We made a covenant to hunt down those who killed the defenseless, who HAD mercilessly harmed others, those who had so much power but who used it so irresponsibly. We promised to defend the weak and hunt the merciless.

To my friend Mr. Mason, you know who you are. I hope this account serves as an expression of my undying gratitude.

I will be accessing this frequency daily - if you are pinned down and need a camper removed - send us a message and we will try to assist. For those who would like to join this cause, we will consider taking on help if the load is too great.

We are all that is left - let us protect.

To those who would commit evil and wretchedness...

...We are coming for you...

!Venari in Venatores!

• Like 2