IcyZ

My silly idea..

As i've seen in some Arma II videos on youtube,in the main game there is an animation than whe you press a button your character raises his hands over his head,like surrendering.If people learn how to use it in DayZ it will really help preveting unesesary player killing.That was my first idea.Then,i just thought it more and more,and i thought something that maaaaay be really cool!Handcuffs!Being able to arrest people and have your own fucking slaves!How it works?Let me explain!Note that i have zero knowledge of game programing so i don't know how easy or hard it is to be added in the game,it could be impossible.

-First,by using the surrendering animation,your character will drop his main weapon,making the surrender animation imposible to use just to fool your enemy

-Now,after you drop your gun,the guy that made you surrender is more powerfull cause he will notice the animation of your character picking up his primary or changing to his secondary,so he will have time to shoot you or run away.That means that you have to be really desperate or scared to surrender.

-Since you dropped your gun and surrender,the other guy can move closer to you.This needs a whole new command,something like "Arest",and when someone scrolls and clicks Arest,your hands will be handcuffed behind your back,you will not be able to pick up stuff or even acces your inventory.That command could easily be abused to sneak and troll guys,so it should be able to use only if the other guy has NOT a weapon equiped.

-The arrested guys have 2 options,follow their captor and obey him,or run away.If they obey,the captor can feed them and give them water and stuff,and he can loot them like they were dead.Also,he can free them anytime.If the arrested person runs away and manages to evade his captor,he will still be handcuffed.The only way to lose the handcuffs is to have them removed by another person,or use a hatchet or something similar.

That's my idea so far.

I have some things to add that i think are important

Note that arrested guy can be used as walking backpacks,some captors can abuse them and use them just to carry their stuff.So,in order to prevent that from happening,the arrested guy should be able to access his captor's gear only when his captor is browing his.and the arrested guy should be able to see a new item,something like keys,that he can take and use whenever he wants to free his hands.

I believe that by being able to handcuff someone and have him as a hostage campers will be less,and pvp will be back to normal cause people will have more reasons to communicate before shooting!If my idea makes it in the game imagine how far it can expand!We're gonna have head hunters,people will start trading slaves and stuff...something like the Fallout games :P Plus,the whole slaves thing is gonna add a new way of playing the game,it will make players really playing carefully and not just running around shooting everyone they see.Cause if they pass out someone can just run and capture them..So far we have only bandits and survivors..with slaves we will have slavers,slaves,and guys that try to free the slaves..Cause if someone captures 3-4 people,they can talk and plan how to take him down and escape..

So far some will think that it's really stupid cause people will focus to just capture others.That's where zombies come!captured guys will alert zombies too!So if you capture someone you will have to be really careful cause he can make you have a really bad time by alerting 50 zombies and then run to you,making you draw some agro too..that will prevet people from just run around capturing everyone,and it will promote vehicles in the game.Cause it's easier to carry a slave with you in a car than just walking.But everyone wants a car so you will have to fight in order to keep it!

My idea has almost as many advantages as disadvantages,i really thought about it and i think that there is no way someone is gonna abuse his power to capture others,cause it will not work for him for sure,it could turn against him.

Feel free to add your own ideas and comment saying what you think bout my idea,if it's good or not!

My post is not finished,i'm gonna edit it when i think something better!!

This isn't "your" idea by far. Afaik, a guy named "Acebane" tried to bring the surrender emote(?) into DayZ. Clicky.

• Like 1

There is a surrender animation, you just have to key-bind it. Also, this is about the thirtieth thread about handcuffs so....

This isn't "your" idea by far. Afaik, a guy named "Acebane" tried to bring the surrender emote(?) into DayZ. Clicky.

as i said,i got the surrender idea from youtube videos.my idea is the rest,to be able to capture th others

i like the idea, when you use the surrender animation, you drop your weapon.