Sign in to follow this  
Vellarain

Ghillie man haunts player in DayZ

Green Mountain does not hold a candle to actual footage.

• Like 31

Actual clever use of hacking that actually ramps up the freak out factor of the game?

more please!

I wouldn't mind the hackers so much if they were more creative, like this. Spooky voices/whispering over voice chat for the rest of us!

Scripted AI can only be so scary, but a player with a hackers kind of control and the right mind for it can make a truly horrifying situation.

I give you my beans for not Alt-f4'ing, and honestly? I would actually give beans to the hacker too. I don't ever condone scripting in this game, but he displays a level of maturity and intelligent "trolling" that actually makes the game a more fun experience.

He didn't use anything to overpower you, he wasn't interested in grief-killing, it was pure psychological warfare, and it was beautiful.

• Like 3

I hope for God's sake that I do not encounter this "man"...

• Like 1

I give you my beans for not Alt-f4'ing, and honestly? I would actually give beans to the hacker too. I don't ever condone scripting in this game, but he displays a level of maturity and intelligent "trolling" that actually makes the game a more fun experience.

He didn't use anything to overpower you, he wasn't interested in grief-killing, it was pure psychological warfare, and it was beautiful.

Not my video, this is from a Stream from a player known as ZombieMaster.

Best part was the truck that vanished right before running him over. Hilarious.

See, if hackers weren't little 12 year old script kiddies, and they did this I would want more hackers, this is absolutely awesome.

I really think they should make some kind of mechanic like this, seeing things under high stress like when you have low blood.

I really think they should make some kind of mechanic like this, seeing things under high stress like when you have low blood.

I like this idea! I wouldn't say it has to be a truck coming towards the player though. But stuff like shadows or perhaps what looks to be muzzle flashes in the distance (at night)

Edited by senor_rall

It would be kinda cool to have a spook class of player, unable to cause harm but with spooky haunting powers.

• Like 1