Sign in to follow this  
zxcvbn_

Goons caught again - This time using the invisible exploit, duping and logging out.

Well aren't you just the cutest.

Don't forget to tell your friends!

Can we please stop making a thread for every 30 minutes of goon recording?

Also: Yes, goons (all 190,000 of them) are the only ones who log out to avoid death, turn invisible, or dupe. We need to make several threads a day to track this menace to our game.

This is the juciest part out of about 4 hours of audio

You seriously just stalk people in their mumble and record hours of conversation that you listen to to catch people using simple exploits?

What the fuck is wrong with you...

nya'' date=' could you explain these "simple" exploits

[/quote']

To log out, press the ESC key, hit abort, then hit disconnect. To exploit this, do it while under fire, or when you believe you are about to die.

This is the juciest part out of about 4 hours of audio

You seriously just stalk people in their mumble and record hours of conversation that you listen to to catch people using simple exploits?

What the fuck is wrong with you...

What this guy said. This is one of the creepiest things I've ever heard of in a video game community. Don't you have anything better to do with your time?

nya'' date=' could you explain these "simple" exploits

[/quote']

i was more referring to his opinion on duping

It's a part of the game right now, people using it may be viewed as shady or cheating but simply put they are just playing the game, a different way than what is considered acceptable but regardless playing it as it is coded and functions. Obviously it needs to be patched out but that doesn't change the fact that it is a part of the game at this present time.

You guys go way overboard in thinking I am advocating for this stuff, I'm not saying people should be doing it but looking at it like it's cheating is plain wrong.

An exploit is an exploit and a cheat is a cheat, too much do people blur the lines on these two independent topics. One is simply taking advantage of every angle you can in the game which is still just playing it like you but in a different way and the other entails actually injecting a 3rd party program and altering the way the game functions.

Is it right what people are doing from a morality standpoint? Most would view it as not. Is it right what they are doing from a game play standpoint? Actually yeah which may seem weird to you, they are playing the game in a way which is unintended but they are playing it as it is coded.

This is a very opinionated and subjective topic, one group of people feel one way and one group of people feel another.

It's a part of the game right now' date=' people using it may be viewed as shady or cheating but simply put they are just playing the game, a different way than what is considered acceptable but regardless playing it as it is coded and functions. Obviously it needs to be patched out but that doesn't change the fact that it is a part of the game at this present time.

[/quote']

I was pretty emboldened by this mentality. I went out, and *BAM BAM BAM* I kicked in my neighbour's door, wood splinters flying everywhere, his family huddling terrified in the corner, not knowing what to expect.

I said, "look, I know this isn't the intention of a door. I know that these doors are meant to be opened and closed gently and keep people out.

"But all I'm doing is operating the door as the laws of physics are coded and functioned. I mean, if God didn't want me kicking in doors, why do base Newtonian mechanics allow me to do it? This is a very simple exploit.

"Now," I said, pointing my right index finger emphatically into the palm of my left hand, "people are split on this subject. Let me tell you, sociopaths find my line of reasoning very acceptable. Two groups with very different thoughts."

"Mmm-hmm, mmm-hmm," the officer said, as he placed his palm on the top of my head and pushed me into the back of his car.

I was pretty emboldened by this mentality. I went out' date=' and *BAM BAM BAM* I kicked in my neighbour's door, wood splinters flying everywhere, his family huddling terrified in the corner, not knowing what to expect.

I said, "look, I know this isn't the [i']intention of a door. I know that these doors are meant to be opened and closed gently and keep people out.

"But all I'm doing is operating the door as the laws of physics are coded and functioned. I mean, if God didn't want me kicking in doors, why do base Newtonian mechanics allow me to do it? This is a very simple exploit.

"Now," I said, pointing my right index finger emphatically into the palm of my left hand, "people are split on this subject. Let me tell you, sociopaths find my line of reasoning very acceptable. Two groups with very different thoughts."

"Mmm-hmm, mmm-hmm," the officer said, as he placed his palm on the top of my head and pushed me into the back of his car.

Yep. Haha. Another great Mojo post.

Duping is bad, and should be fixed. Does it give this guy the moral standpoint to continue harassing a goon mumble server, recording and spamming offensive shit? No. Two wrongs don't make a right.

My state is a two party consent state for recording. Are you encouraging illegal behavior?

Some goons used exploits to get shit. We understand that. Stop joining the mumble and spamming offensive images and chat. Stop posting two to three threads a day in the wrong forum after being told you were posting in the wrong forum. Stop making this some type of crusade against the 190,000 people who call themselves goons. We don't all cheat. Stop pretending the actions of the few constitute the actions of the many.

If someone was wearing a [reddit] tag, would you join their voice servers and do this shit?

Duping is exploiting a bug, and should be fixed. Logging off to avoid enemy contact is a dick move, and should be fixed. The invisible bug is not a exploit initiated by the user, but it should be fixed to.

We can all agree on this. Please stop harassing our mumble or encouraging admins to ban anyone wearing a [LLJK] tag on their server.

I was pretty emboldened by this mentality. I went out' date=' and *BAM BAM BAM* I kicked in my neighbour's door, wood splinters flying everywhere, his family huddling terrified in the corner, not knowing what to expect.

I said, "look, I know this isn't the [i']intention of a door. I know that these doors are meant to be opened and closed gently and keep people out.

This is a nice over-dramatized analogy trying to compare a real life scenario to a video game. We both know full well the logic in your post doesn't make any sense pertaining to what we are talking about even though it does sound very convincing and well thought out. The fact of the matter is when it comes to an exploit in a video game there is no real right or wrong, it's all left up to what the individual deems it to be. As such that is why universal bans at the game level itself throughout basically every game do not exist. These kind of decisions are generally left up to a server operator of that specific server in most games.

This is a nice over-dramatized analogy trying to compare a real life scenario to a video game. We both know full well the logic in your post doesn't make any sense pertaining to what we are talking about even though it does sound very convincing and well thought out. The fact of the matter is when it comes to an exploit in a video game there is no real right or wrong' date=' it's all left up to what the individual deems it to be. As such that is why universal bans at the game level itself throughout basically every game do not exist. These kind of decisions are generally left up to a server operator of that specific server in most games.

[/quote']

Yeah except there is a right and wrong. Let's take a look at another analogy, a legislature.

A legislature has something called legislative intent. When going to court, a judge might (and can and have) found that even though something is adhering to the letter of the law, it is not adhering to the spirit of it.

Exploits are the same thing. They adhere to the letter of the underlying code, but not the developer's intent.

As far as why "universal bans" at the game level don't exist, they do. VAC is one such method of banning at a game level on discretized servers. MMOs feature game-level bans as well, since no discretized servers are deployed. DayZ, being a quasi-MMO, also has game-level bans involving writing garbage data to the SQL entry for the offending player.

So you started out wrong, and just got wronger. Well, everybody needs a hobby, I guess. Now, I totally understand the case of the vapors. Nobody wants to come along trying to be clever and erudite and get wilted with a pithy comeback. Shame on me.

Edit: I just discovered something I'd missed for a while -- I can be a lot more caustic again. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

zxcvbn_ what the fuck is wrong with you? This is really creepy. What I don't think you realise is that YOU ARE A GOON AS WELL. YOU BLAME GOONS BUT YOU ARE ONE. YOU THINK 'GOONS' IS ONE ENTITY, SO YOU WOULD BE PART OF IT.

And seeing as you're the one apparently leading this whole witch hunt, it only makes sense for you to get banned.

Let's take a look at another analogy

No. Stop it. Analogies are always wrong. Especially when you're comparing a video game to the real world. You're automatically a grade A moron for doing that.

Duping is bad' date=' and should be fixed. Does it give this guy the moral standpoint to continue harassing a goon mumble server, recording and spamming offensive shit? No. Two wrongs don't make a right.

My state is a two party consent state for recording. Are you encouraging illegal behavior?

Some goons used exploits to get shit. We understand that. Stop joining the mumble and spamming offensive images and chat. Stop posting two to three threads a day in the wrong forum after being told you were posting in the wrong forum. Stop making this some type of crusade against the 190,000 people who call themselves goons. We don't all cheat. Stop pretending the actions of the few constitute the actions of the many.

If someone was wearing a [reddit'] tag, would you join their voice servers and do this shit?

Duping is exploiting a bug, and should be fixed. Logging off to avoid enemy contact is a dick move, and should be fixed. The invisible bug is not a exploit initiated by the user, but it should be fixed to.

We can all agree on this. Please stop harassing our mumble or encouraging admins to ban anyone wearing a [LLJK] tag on their server.

Hey, if Mumble and the state laws let him get away with it, what can you do? It's a simple, real world exploit!

(I agree that it's .... Odd behaviour to spy on other people like this, but I also think its odd to take advantage of competitive, multi player game bugs. Apparently, neither group can help themselves.)

No. Stop it. Analogies are always wrong. Especially when you're comparing a video game to the real world. You're automatically a grade A moron for doing that.

As far as I'm aware -- and correct me if I'm wrong here -- but video games exist in the real world and not a parallel dimension. I might be a Grade-A moron for using analogies (and here I thought they taught us how to construct valid analogies in University expressly for the purposes of illustrating the rightness of a concept' date=' not the wrongness of it) but I'm [i']pretty sure human norms apply broadly. I'm pretty sure that we can safely say video games were created by people, and if we know some other group of people governs by intent, and continues to govern by intent even when intent violates the letter as it exists, then it's normal to apply that intent-over-pure-function mentality to other things.

Now then, since you're a Doctor of Stairs with a concentration in Having Them In Your House, perhaps you can educate me (and all my terribly stupid tenured professors) with a clear argu-- hahaha who am I kidding, of course you can't.

A clear argument would be "I think it is wrong to duplicate items since you obviously aren't meant to be able to do that, even though you are able to." Your analogies are dumb and add nothing to that statement.

Equally clear argument: this guy's obsession with goons is creepy and weird and he should probably stop e-stalking us, so as not to be seen as a weird, creepy e-stalker.

Enjoy. :)

Good job.

those idiots should have been banned long time ago.

A clear argument would be "I think it is wrong to duplicate items since you obviously aren't meant to be able to do that' date=' even though you are able to." Your analogies are dumb and add nothing to that statement.

Equally clear argument: this guy's obsession with goons is creepy and weird and he should probably stop e-stalking us, so as not to be seen as a weird, creepy e-stalker.

[/quote']

There's definitely a comedy value to one goon raging at another goon that's always defended goons on my game servers because some eStalker has your panties in a wad. I paid my 10 bux like every one else, and given your rage and obsession with cliquishness I'm betting you're a j4g.

Your rage is dumb and adds nothing to the conversation. The debate wasn't about whether it was wrong, it was about whether it was a valid. Perhaps if your gimpy ass had paid attention, but oh well.

Nice thing about not hosting the game servers anymore is I don't have to worry about blocking connections for all goons from all the physical servers I still very much control explicitly because of your and Hajj's actions with fuck all care to the consequences. Yay blood thirsty tyrants!

I, as the leader of the "Goons", am willing to verify that Mojo is quite possibly the worst goon and does in fact dupe M107's, NVG's and M240's on a daily basis.