Pride_Lion

Now That DayZ Is Going StandAlone

Now that DayZ is going standalone all those suggestions that could never be done can be and I have a few of my own that would really make this game better

1) Crossbow Quiver: you've probably heard it before, people say that the crossbow is the worst weapon in the game, mainly because you can't hold very many arrows, but if there was a quiver the crossbow would be a very helpful gun as it's a starter and is quiet with the ability to retrieve ammo but it also needs one other thing which leads me to my next suggestion.

2) Crossbow Red Dot: the crossbow is incredibly hard to aim because there are no iron sights and I think that a red dot scope would just make the crossbow an even better starting weapon.

3) More Clothing: Now i've suggested this before and I'll do it again I'd like separate clothing pieces like a balaclava or a bandana, and clothing pieces that affect your gameplay like a bulletproof vest that prevents small caliber weapons from penetrating but still breaks ribs or disorients you also it would be black and provide no camo and possibly also weigh you down, stuff like this.

4) More Starter Melee Weapons, Less Starter Guns: Less civilian gun spawns and more melee weapons just like it says

5) Police Loot Spawn: To compensate for the less civilian weapons a new loot type spawn would happen, police loot which would include: G17, Remington 870, MP5 and maybe an M4A1 (Plain) to act as an AR15.

6) Dead Zombies Loot: A dead police zombie should have a sidearm, a dead farmer a hatchet proper loot spawn on proper dead zombies

7) Scarier Zombies: at the moment zombies are just a nuisance and I know Rocket is focusing around the monsters inside of players but I'd like to be afraid when I see a zombie horde, but with this It'd be nice if zombie's reactions be more realistic as in a zombie on you from 100 feet away when you make no noise.

Please tell me what you think and add any suggestions you think are needed in the standalone DayZ game.

• Like 1

6) Dead Zombies Loot: A dead police zombie should have a sidearm, a dead farmer a hatchet proper loot spawn on proper dead zombies

I like everything except this; it would be too easy to farm zombies for gear instead of actually going to get gear if they all spawned with weapons and such

Crossbow improvement! :thumbsup:

Like the crossbow imporvements ^_^

It would be cool to have crossbow's as a side arm and then nerf the damage for 2 body shots to kill.

They would see a bit more usage but I'm happy with the place they currently have.

Rocket has stated that he wants the zombies to be more varied and improved, he also wanted nastier zombies that have had a longer state of infection.

Improvised melee weapons (maybe I just want to slap some sniper with a pool cue) would be awesome. I would like this to be coupled with a Nerf of gun drop rates so there's less rifle armed people walking around.

Police zombies having sidearms isn't game breaking, just make sure it's a standard issue crappy one (the makorov leaps to mind) with a clip or less, depending on if the zombie shoots wildly at you.

I am confident there will be more clothing options in the standalone. So long as they don't give advantages (people shouldn't be forced to wear stuff for stats) then the more variance, the better!