Obsolescence

Whats the best/fastest way to get an M107/AS50?

I normally give myself a goal for every life, and this life my goal is to aquire a 0.50 cal sniper. Could any experienced players recommend the best/fastest way to acquire one?

Here are what I see as my best options:

1) I have NVGs or combat camo I could trade but I don't really want to risk getting shot by some asshole who will then take everything.

2) I could wander around looking for a tent city or try and find one listed on the forums to raid.

3) I could look for snipers around NWAFB, but I have no clue where people with 0.50 cals like to snipe from (Does anyone know good spots to check?).

4) I could roam around looking for a helo crash and cross my fingers, but I don't really know where to go to look for them (I know they appear in any open field, but are there any good areas to look for them?).

5) I could server hop ~909 times at one of the barracks until I find my M107.

Thanks as always for the help and suggestions.

Look for snipers in Elecktro on the hill to the northeast from the coast. Always snipers there..

Go to a dupe tent and take one from there, also grab the grenade launcher whilst there.

where the fuck are dupe tents?

I don't know if its smart of me telling but me and my freinds found 3 heli crash sites north of berezino in 2-3 hours (on 3 different servers). I found the first one myself north of Berezino 150m from a gas station. also first time looting a crash site i found a M107 50.cal and a Fn Fal lol. more importantly i have only found 3 crash sites so there is deffinetly something about Berezinos fields if you ask me :)

4) I could roam around looking for a helo crash and cross my fingers, but I don't really know where to go to look for them (I know they appear in any open field, but are there any good areas to look for them?).

Find server which restarts every N hours (low N - best N :) ). In most cases at least one of heli crashes will be around NWAF (check E,W,S directions from airfield about one-two kilometers).

I have never found one spawned in a barracks/deer stand etc. and I've only ever gotten one through a helicopter crash site. I've had great success in obtaining them through killing other players or searching through tents way up North.

A good place to find people with them is to scan the hills surrounding either Elektro, Cherno or either of the Airfields. They are amongst the loudest weapons in the game, after shooting the player will usually relocate. Also, if you're trying to sneak up on a sniper with an M107/AS50, if they land one bullet on you, you're dead, atleast -10000 blood.

And in reply to point 3). I'm not telling you any of my (probably overused) sniping spots. ;)

Find server which restarts every N hours (low N - best N :) ). In most cases at least one of heli crashes will be around NWAF (check E,W,S directions from airfield about one-two kilometers).

Servers that restart frequently are a gold mine, also the lower difficult servers tend to spawn a lot more good loot vs Veteran or Expert.

I think he is referring to players that abuse the save method of the HIVE and tents to duplicate their items in game. As to where they are located, they could be located anywhere just like a normal tent (because that's what they are).

Edited by Jamesey162

i found many .50 while looking for my bizon. go inland and roam inside the square formed by black mountain, devils castle, stary sobor and polana.

Quite a few old tents will respawn their contents every server restart as long as people keep using them and not saving over them.

you just need to know where to look for the helis i know a road that if you drive down or run down you will always find one or around starry/novy is usually one or 2

Go to a dupe tent and take one from there, also grab the grenade launcher whilst there.

Sadly this.

Go up north and sooner or later you will come across a camp stuffed with (probably duped) high end gear. Kinda game breaking.

If you actually play the game keep an eye open for heli crashsites, hunt snipers down at the electro sniper hill and the NWAF (go to a high pop server and scan the "south hill" and the south- east tree lines.)

you just need to know where to look for the helis i know a road that if you drive down or run down you will always find one

Thanks for letting me know you know what I want to know. If only there was a place, like a forum, where I could post a question asking to know what you know where you would actually answer me.

Servers that restart frequently are a gold mine, also the lower difficult servers tend to spawn a lot more good loot vs Veteran or Expert.

No.

Thanks for letting me know you know what I want to know. If only there was a place, like a forum, where I could post a question asking to know what you know where you would actually answer me.

The helicopter crash sites are fairly random, so it is difficult to be precise. A good road to go along is the route that leads you from Berezino to Gorka to Polana to Orlovetz and back to Berezino, lots of open fields, lots of places where helicopters might spawn.

If it's true that their spawning is completely random in open fields, then wouldn't the fastest way to find them be just to server hop one of the two hills NW and SE of Vybor and just sweep the surrounding area with binoculars? They have open fields in almost 360 degrees around them for 1-3 Km. Sorry if server hopping is against the rules, I've never been very sure about how they are considered by the devs.

Server hopping, though practised by many, is not considered fair or proper gameplay, and indeed a metagame exploit.

Since you started off by stating you wanted to have a goal in your character's life, shouldn't you want to consider the journey to reaching that goal a worthwhile endeavour?

Taking the shortest route may spoil your ambition and any feeling of success or triumph you were hoping for.

Rather, go grab yourself a Lee Enfield, and go sniper-hunting! Much more rewarding!

Or grab a hatchet, and sneak to and through the NWAF.

Or find something you enjoy doing in this game, maybe even scrounging for vehicle parts, and trade them for one?

Lots of possibilities, pick one you enjoy.

Edit:

Come to think of it... I could use some vehicle parts, and I do have an M107 which I've never fired lying around.

Edited by sya

No.

I must have been misinformed then, It has always seemed that I obtained better loot when I play on a regular server. Must just be the placebo effect at work.

Edited by Jamesey162

Server hop in the tallest building in Chernogorsk that people snipe from, looking for snipers and dead bodies. People get counter-sniped in that building all the time and people are almost always too lazy to go up there to loot them since the person that killed them was geared to begin with.

Edited by BinoChrist