K Arma

Seananners using hacked in weapons and vehicles

Why is there an arguement? I've picked up an AS50 TWS (thermal, not naturally occuring). I never shot it, not even at zombies, and held it less than a minute. I knew this was hacked, and since i didn't spawn it, i could technically keep it with no risk of global ban (though admins would ban me individually if i was caught.

Seananners didn't hack, he used hacked items, and didn't use them on players.

This is not againsts the rules, whether you think the rules need re-thinking is another matter.

And yes, even if it wasn't a famous youtuber and just a random guy, i'd be saying the same thing, because it isn't against the rules

Your type of post has already been stated and cleared as stupidity in previous pages of the thread. Learn to read and then post.

Edited by Sammy101

Your type of post has already been stated and cleared as stupidity in previous pages of the thread. Learn to read and then post.

Sorry, all i can see is you shouting everyone down and using insults instead of logic, if you want that kind of debate please go elsewhere, im happy for people to counter my post - gonna use your tactic for this bit - but you sound like an idiot.

Am i doing it right?

Sorry, all i can see is you shouting everyone down and using insults instead of logic, if you want that kind of debate please go elsewhere, im happy for people to counter my post - gonna use your tactic for this bit - but you sound like an idiot.

Am i doing it right?

When it's already been stated multiple times as to how he wasn't using hacked items, didn't hack, conveyed hacking, and played with a hacker and etc (basically ALL OF YOUR POINTS) in previous posts in this thread, and then some retard posts the same damn thing again, I tend to be uncivil. I'm sorry if I damaged your feelings, but you need to read the thread entirely before making a moron of yourself. And I mean it, I am sorry.

Edited by Sammy101

Guys, WTF?! We know what SeaNanners did was bad even though he knew he was a scripted, But at the end he dropped all the items, Thats an influence to never take items from a hacker, right???

Next, He never announced like SeaNanners: HEY EVERYBODY HACKING IS OKAY WE SHOULD GO ALL HACK! I don't think he ever said that.

Also, Banning him would just make people NOT want to play DayZ anymore because of what happens to their idol, It's like killing Justin Bieber and all his fans fuck up the killer, Well this is the same thing like with SeaNanners and DayZ, Right?!?

Now, Give the "PEOPLE WHO BAN" a VERY GOOD reason why SeaNanners should be banned.

Edited by Killerknight

This thread should be closed, really. It turned into a big argument between fans of Seananners, people that don't like him that much and people that don't even know about him but decide to join in for the sake of arguing about scripters.

This thread should be closed, really. It turned into a big argument between fans of Seananners, people that don't like him that much and people that don't even know about him but decide to join in for the sake of arguing about scripters.

So you've made 3 posts on this forum and you decide you're a moderator now? This thread is not about who is or is not a fan of Seananners, it is about hackers, deliberately using hacked items and hacked vehicles, using hacked exploits like teleportation and god mode, and encouraging hacking. Seananners said at the end of his video 'this was awesome' 'this was the best thing that ever happened to me' and if you read the majority of comments on his video he very much has promoted how fun and awesome hacking is and a lot of his fans now want to hack and think hackers are awesome. This is a real problem, especially with the already rampant hacking in DayZ (and other games)

Come on guys really, he did nothing . If he was given stuff does that really matter, and yes i have been killed by hackers before and i have had people kill me with hacked gear but come on its not that bad battle eye is fixing it, give it time and ban people who do hack. But for streamers who get hacked gear dont ban them, come on guys dont tell me that you would just turn down a chopper or a svd camo. Don't get me wrong hackers need to be stopped but dont ban people who accept any weapons/vehicle that are in the game. Dont ban people who are just streaming and trying to be entertaining.

I never said he should be banned, and I have just explained to you twice now on why he matters and not the rest of the other people doing it. They have no following. Jeez man haven't you ever heard of influence? He is not responible for his subscribers actions. He is responsible for placing the thoughts into their heads. Influence > propaganda > etc. Are you really this blind? Alll I'm stating is that he has a more important youtube account, and if he blatantly went around screaming hacking is good guys, it's okay to hack, then I'm sure many of his followers would follow.

BUT! He didn't say that, which is why this is a benign thing, and why he shouldn't be banned. It's because he is influential that he must be looked at. You don't want to take out the low tier bottom class drug addict. You want to get the crime boss who sells the damn drugs. My gosh, people with such acute minds today.

edit: Also, for your entertainment: http://rense.com/general41/grands.htm

And if you actually looked at ALL the facts instead of cherry picking everything that favours you:

http://en.wikipedia....es)#Controversy

On 20 October 2003, the families of Aaron Hamel and Kimberly Bede, two young people shot by teens William and Josh Buckner (who in statements to investigators claimed their actions were inspired by GTA III) filed a US$246 million lawsuit against publishers Rockstar Games, Take-Two Interactive Software, retailer Wal-Mart, and PlayStation 2 manufacturer Sony Computer Entertainment America.[28][29] Rockstar and its parent company, Take-Two, filed for dismissal of the lawsuit, stating in U.S. District Court on 29 October 2003 that the "ideas and concepts as well as the 'purported psychological effects' on the Buckners are protected by the First Amendment's free-speech clause". The lawyer of the victims, Jack Thompson, denied that, but failed in his attempt to move the lawsuit into a state court and under Tennessee's consumer protection act.[30] Two days later, the plaintiffs filed a Notice of Voluntary Dismissal, and the case was closed.
#

Given your short memory, let me remind you that the lawyer behind these lawsuits was permanently disbarred in 2008 for inappropriate conduct, including making false statements to tribunals and disparaging and humiliating litigants

Edited by Leeham721

He is right even if he didn't watch the video. So keep your ass off my forums prick.

Your forums? Sup rocket?

Btw - You won't get banned for using hacked vehicles/weapons. Only if you were the one that hacked them in. This topic has been brought up so often, you'd think people would comprehend it by now.

And if you actually looked at ALL the facts instead of cherry picking everything that favours you:

http://en.wikipedia....es)#Controversy

#

Given your short memory, let me remind you that the lawyer behind these lawsuits was permanently disbarred in 2008 for inappropriate conduct, including making false statements to tribunals and disparaging and humiliating litigants

http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/08/04/us-crime-thailand-grandtheftauto-idUSBKK22888820080804

BAM. Just google this shit man, it's not hard.

http://www.reuters.c...K22888820080804

BAM. Just google this shit man, it's not hard.

Wow, a completely unrelated news item from an under developed country wrought with poverty, AIDS, paedophilia, child sex trafficking and child slavery. Yeah, great example of a country banning video games.

Edited by Leeham721

Wow, a completely unrelated news item from an under developed country wrought with poverty, AIDS, paedophilia, child sex trafficking and child slavery. Yeah, great example of a country banning video games.

People are people. Are you saying certain people are not as good as other people? Are you saying that Thailand are inbreds and resort to violence just because they live there? You sick prejudice douche bag.

Anyway google it your damn self you moron, then you can see for yourself.

I find it funny that countries that actually bans these games has more problems than those that didn't.

That really doesn't help your argument. lol

Just making a side comment.

Please continue.

No the argument is, is that video games can cause be mental instability in people to do things that are in the video games. I'm not saying everyone will do it, a huge majority won't. But there will be cases of people killing because of violence. And just because the countrys ban things because of stuff like that doesn't matter. It's the fact that people do it at all, not the countries actions.

Edited by Sammy101

For the 50th time, SeaNanners has INFLUENCE over a MASSIVE audience. Being jovial about cheats and making cheating seem like a fun little activity sends his 1 million strong core audience the message that it is okay to do that. You can pretend you don't understand all you like, it doesn't change the fact. Demographics aren't fake because you don't want them to be. You don't even need a most basic understanding of marketing to see what this video means and what weight it carries when coming from an influencial figure in an impressionable audience. People play DayZ because of him, that's exactly the same as what we* are describing. That indisputably proves what we are saying, and it shows that marketing works.

I'm guessing you have a low IQ. I'm going to stop reading the thread here because your argument is invalid.

I'm guessing you have a low IQ. I'm going to stop reading the thread here because your argument is invalid.

More or less show's you are the one that you describe in your own words. Cannot fathom a legitimate debate?

IN CASE YOU RETARDS DON'T KNOW: i'm not a fan of seananners, but i watched this. And if you watch the WHOLE way through, he later drops all the hacked items, kills himself, and changes servers...

Not sure if op is idiot or troll....

Edited by JESUSARIUS REX

... Now all I know about this is what I've read in this channel and (rage much?) these are my thoughts.

Should he be banned? No

Should he have some sort of reprimand? Yes.

Before I continue I want to say that I don't like hackers and I've been killed many more times by them than what I would have liked. Having a fresh spawn getting teleported into the air? There's some hilarity in that. Having a +15 day character with really great gear getting teleported into the air? Not so much fun.

I can understand the appeal of goofing around with hacked items or vehicles if you have the opportunity for as long as it didn't affect any other player (which includes giving an unfair power advantage) or the game in some how, and if I'm correct then this is what happened and in the end it sounds like he dropped everything hacked, doing the honourable thing.

It seems that the people who want to see action taken are not so much pro banning him as they want him to get a reprimand about increasing the interest in hacking and portraying it in a positive way and this I agree with. Hacking is Bad. It's like giving a gun to people, some will be responsible, others will shoot down the first person they see.

Anyhow. There are my two cents and please don't rage.

People are people. Are you saying certain people are not as good as other people? Are you saying that Thailand are inbreds and resort to violence just because they live there? You sick prejudice douche bag.

Anyway google it your damn self you moron, then you can see for yourself.

What does inbreeding have to do with any of those statistically documented issues? Where did I make any link between their culture and violence? You're trying to refute arguments that no one made. It's an objective fact that Thailand has serious issues, particularly related to children and their sex trade. They clearly aren't capable of dealing with actual issues, so suggesting that a country like this banning a video game is somehow proof that video games cause violence is so incredibly wrong.

The only significant ban I can recall is the Manhunt 2 ban in various countries in 2007, which were overturned shortly thereafter.

Edited by Leeham721

"Yeah great example of a country..." Err, people are people and whatever happens within that country does not matter as...PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE. You discriminate against them because they are from that particular country? It shouldn't matter where they are from, they can be from mars so long as they are human. Just because of a cities social structure does not differentiate a human being from a human being. Your argument is denied. And if you refute this point that just shows your prejudice/racism/discrimination against a certain people for being in a certain country.

And also I'm just stating that occurrences happen. I did not highlight the banning of any video games. I merely stated that video games can create emotional disruptions in human mental health. That obviously doesn't happen to all people, in fact it's more like medical drugs. It works for a lot of people, does bad stuff to few. And I suggest you google the information yourself. Just because an overturn in 2007 happened doesn't mean psychology doesn't exist.

Edited by Sammy101

wat da fuq is this thread about. He used a hacked gun for like 10 minutes before getting him to kill him and starting over.

Going by the amount of people I find with AS50 TWSs on their corpses, he's definitely one of the more ethical players.

You cannot get banned for picking up hacked items.

However if you SPAWN them in YES. You will be banned.

Seananners DID pick up the weapons and flew the helicopter. BUT he did ask to be killed at the end.

So please stfu slippery, and watch the whole video.

I've taken weapons and choppers that I knew were scripted in, too. It's not against the rules, and most people aren't going to get a chance to fly a chopper unless it's scripted in anyways because of how many clans server hop to find them.