Sign in to follow this  
zippy32

had to completely reformat drive. Can I continue?

Gah, a routine full virus scan this morning came up with two Ramnit detections. No idea how as I stay away from anything remotely dodgy online. On google the only surefire cure to avoid re infection was a complete windows reinstall. I also had to be careful as copying most file types for saving onto the new install could possibly lead to reinfection. What a nasty little virus it is.

Anyway, when I reinstall the game and mod on my new fresh installs, will I have to start again? Or if I create a new profile will it link up with my existing character and enable me to continue his adventure?

Gah' date=' a routine full virus scan this morning came up with two Ramnit detections. No idea how as I stay away from anything remotely dodgy online. On google the only surefire cure to avoid re infection was a complete windows reinstall. I also had to be careful as copying most file types for saving onto the new install could possibly lead to reinfection. What a nasty little virus it is.

Anyway, when I reinstall the game and mod on my new fresh installs, will I have to start again? Or if I create a new profile will it link up with my existing character and enable me to continue his adventure?

[/quote']

The mod is tied to your CD key, so you'll be the same exact person, at the same exact place.