Sign in to follow this  
DaNegoa

Improved Spawning (Teams)

What about the possibility to join as a team in the log in screen of the host? (up to 3 Members, who form a sqaud---> Squads can be linked to other squads??)

New Characters could spawn together if they are in such a group. Characters who are alive stay where they are. (Regular/Recruit: Groupmembers are shown on map?)

Regular/Recruit: You cannot kill a squad member

Veteran : You can kill a squad member

A lot of stuff could be added....

• Like 1

No help spawning, no showing on map, but in game voice communication and the ability to share control over tents would be nice. If you can't coordinate where each other is and find a place to meet up, too bad.

No help spawning, no showing on map, but in game voice communication and the ability to share control over tents would be nice. If you can't coordinate where each other is and find a place to meet up, too bad.

That is not the problem. But with over 1 Million Players there should be a reliable group system. Your idea concerning the tents could be added....

I really like this idea for fresh spawns only and definitely have a low number limit of 2 or 3.

• Like 1

A small limit sounds fine, such as 2-3 players, for new spawns only. In such a scenario it's not unrealistic that you'd be able to team up with a few friends before heading out into the wild.

• Like 1

What about the possibility to join as a team in the log in screen of the host? (up to 3 Members, who form a sqaud---> Squads can be linked to other squads??)

New Characters could spawn together if they are in such a group. Characters who are alive stay where they are. (Regular/Recruit: Groupmembers are shown on map?)

Regular/Recruit: You cannot kill a squad member

Veteran : You can kill a squad member

A lot of stuff could be added....

This is not the point of the game.

I'm aware that people don't like trekking to their buddies but the ability to spawn together should never be implemented.

For starters this is a survival game, an advantage to death (so I can spawn with my bff) is against the vision.

Also it allows for instant travel,

"Hey where are you"

"Cherno"

"KK loot the hospital then jump onto this server and join me at the airfield"

This isn't CoD or BF, dying is supposed to suck. You shouldn't be able to respawn because you are supposed to be valuing your life.

I'm all for teams having some options to coordinate their movements (some kind of team chat), but the idea of spawning together is severely flawed and less of an issue then you think.

I like the RP justification, but it is just as likely that your buddy is 3 cities away on business before all hell breaks loose.

This is what you want

"Hey where are you going to be when the apocolypse starts?"

"We should meet at the strip club an hour before for a lap-dance, then we can hit the supermarket for Doritos after the killing starts"

"No probs I'll see you there, we can try survive together and spoon at night for warmth"

This is what is supposed to happen

"Dude I was at my accounts and he just tried to eat my face off!"

"Crap the same thing happened here, my boss just tried to shoot me because I was holding beans, we should meet up!"

"Yep I'll meet you in that Russian town that I can't pronounce, can you bring some bottled water?"

"Nah mate, some psycho with a shot gun is staking out the shops. I'll try loot a vending machine on the way"

A better solution for the Care-bears;

Split the cost into 2-4 sections that you can spawn in. At least you are just under 30 minutes from a link up.

This is not the point of the game.

I'm aware that people don't like trekking to their buddies but the ability to spawn together should never be implemented.

For starters this is a survival game, an advantage to death (so I can spawn with my bff) is against the vision.

Also it allows for instant travel,

"Hey where are you"

"Cherno"

"KK loot the hospital then jump onto this server and join me at the airfield"

This isn't CoD or BF, dying is supposed to suck. You shouldn't be able to respawn because you are supposed to be valuing your life.

I'm all for teams having some options to coordinate their movements (some kind of team chat), but the idea of spawning together is severely flawed and less of an issue then you think.

I like the RP justification, but it is just as likely that your buddy is 3 cities away on business before all hell breaks loose.

This is what you want

"Hey where are you going to be when the apocolypse starts?"

"We should meet at the strip club an hour before for a lap-dance, then we can hit the supermarket for Doritos after the killing starts"

"No probs I'll see you there, we can try survive together and spoon at night for warmth"

This is what is supposed to happen

"Dude I was at my accounts and he just tried to eat my face off!"

"Crap the same thing happened here, my boss just tried to shoot me because I was holding beans, we should meet up!"

"Yep I'll meet you in that Russian town that I can't pronounce, can you bring some bottled water?"

"Nah mate, some psycho with a shot gun is staking out the shops. I'll try loot a vending machine on the way"

A better solution for the Care-bears;

Split the cost into 2-4 sections that you can spawn in. At least you are just under 30 minutes from a link up.

Hmm ok lets talk about that.

The way it goes right now: "Hey, lets meet at the shop/airfield to loot and then change server to loot so we never run out of anything/get every weapon"

So here you are describing an already existing fact and problem. But my group system would not be the reason for that. You are right, it would make it easier to meet. (So lets face the real problem, ppl will always do that and that should somehow prevent, not the joining in a squad of 2-3 members.)

You also said that it is "aigainst" the vision.

I dont really know what you, sir, do all day long. But I am together with other ppl (wife, friends, family, work, subway, disco, sport, travelling). I dont understand the point why there should only be some lonely survirvors all over the map.

You could be right, some ppl say the map looks like 1 or 2 years after the apocalypse. But still there could be some ( you are not forced to join a squad!!) friends or strangers who survived together.

So i dont think its against any vision.

You say dying has to suck! Absolutely right.

Hoping to understand you right, sir, but you mean i die and just join up with some other friends and keep on playing. I dont think you really thought about that.

Im in a squad (lets say 2-3 members) and i die. My friends survive. It still really sucks, i will not join with my alive squad members. So dying sucks. Do you really think everybody hast 2 or 3 other friends waiting on a another server to play the game with me now?

I would still be free to join with some strangers ( who i was with during the apocalypse while i was waiting for my hotdog whatever!!!) but a lot pf ppl will see that playing with random can be very dangerous (they are noobs, the always go afk, they do not play the game serious) so that would be the (normal and natural) risk about that.

The last part of your post tries to be metaphorical, i hope you did not intend to insult me. Your 108 posts in this forum in honour, but i will not answer to that.

"This is what is supposed to happen" will still happen in exactly that way. (You dont have to join a squad, it is risky, but fun with your friends or new friends that you find in game)

Edited by DaNegoa

A small limit sounds fine, such as 2-3 players, for new spawns only. In such a scenario it's not unrealistic that you'd be able to team up with a few friends before heading out into the wild.

But indeed realistic! :-)