So hey guys,

I just started playing this mod since the other day. I have yet to find a good/decent sever or my luck is that I survive probably not even 5 mins from spawn from either a zombie or being hit/runned and looted by another player. So far in the server I found I have spent about 3hrs, no weapons, everythings been looted and stuck living in hills.

Does anyone know of a good/decent server or people to play with? Maybe that could teach me more about the game and possibly learn some stuff that can help me? Or give me advice.

Ive been playing solo and it gets boring really quick. Haha

Hop around from server to server. You'll find a home.

I would recommend this forum --> http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/forum/14-survivor-hq/ <-- to find people who are looking to play with others.

This is an excellent out-of-game map --> http://dayzdb.com/map <-- (Depending on your views on that type of cheating).

As you probably already know, zombies walk in buildings. So, it's just about impossible for zombies to catch you & once you get them inside of a building go for head shots with a pistol.

Hit up towns like Zelenogorsk & Berenzino to avoid players but still get supplies. You are going to want to find some morphine because legs break very easily.

Deer stands are great ways with a little less risk to find military loot.

It is ideal to have the equipment needed to cook animals as meat supplies a great amount of blood & animals drop a lot of it. Also, blood bags are only usable if you have somebody who can administer them to you. This is why meat is great for solo play.

As a parting note, depending on how you play the game you could potentially seek out low-population servers to get accustomed to the game without the fear of players cutting your "fun" short.

Good luck, sir.

Thanks guys. Cause my luck has been shitty starting on coast and theres 300 zombies in front of you, than finallygetting past em and getting ran over by a person. Haha

not jjust me then with the awful luck started plating today 8 deaths in about 8 and a half mins from unseen snipers or teleporting asshats, if you find a good server or just want a buddy im game :)

hey do u have steam? if so here is my steam name smokey0159 i have only been playing a week but can show u what i now so fair i use www.dayzcommander.com as u can save a server u like and ad friends and go on same sever if u dowload it and ad smokey0159 im more than happy to help

Haha, yeah guys I use steam I could use some team mates. :)

Another good way to learn, is make sure you are on a recruit server. It'll pop up white circles on your screen to tell you where the zombies. It helps quite a lot while you learn how to move around the zombies and explore the map. After you've gotten a handle on how to play, you can move up to the regular or veteran servers, and test your mettle against all comers.

So hey guys,

I just started playing this mod since the other day. I have yet to find a good/decent sever or my luck is that I survive probably not even 5 mins from spawn from either a zombie or being hit/runned and looted by another player. So far in the server I found I have spent about 3hrs, no weapons, everythings been looted and stuck living in hills.

Does anyone know of a good/decent server or people to play with? Maybe that could teach me more about the game and possibly learn some stuff that can help me? Or give me advice.

Ive been playing solo and it gets boring really quick. Haha

Hey dude, I had the same problem but after playing for a while I got better, But if you have a working mic and skype, you are more then welcome to play with me, my objective at the moment is to aquire a vehicle after my ATV was stolen:L, add me on skype georgee_1997 and I'll be more then happy to hit you up with a decent weapon and tools/supplies:)

I have a mic and I have my own vent server also.

I'll have to get it when im home, Im at work at the moment. :D

Hey if you want a decent server you can message me on skype and ill tell you one just dont want to get our small server really big haha :ratatatat99 is my skype

whats up everyone im new here too i saw this game and thought it looked pretty awesome so i bought arma 2 :)

I'm in the same boat as the OP. Best thing I've found was a hatchet then a zombie proceeded to rush me and call others. Anyways, if you want to team up I'm down. AudioFenix6 on Steam. Audiofenix on Skype.