Sign in to follow this  
Skaterkidd92

Some Suggestions Regarding the Lee-Enfield Rifle and the Mosin Nagant

I have a short suggestion for a new/replacement weapon for Day Z.

I say, either replace the Enfield with the Mosin Nagant, or add the Mosin in, and make the Enfield rarer.

The Mosin Nagant is a very common rifle in Russia. In today's market, lot's of army surplus stores sell them close to $120. They are reliable, and take 7.62x54R caliber ammunition. This is the same ammunition that the SVD uses.

If this gun were somehow added into the game, I think that the ammo would be similar to the M24 magazines. You could "Convert" a 10 round SVD magazine into 2 Mosin Nagant clips (they have a five round internal magazine). I would also recommend that the version of the gun implemented would be the M91/30, as it is one of the cheapest and most common models.

Some more information about these guns for, if implemented, more authenticity.

The .303 Lee-Enfield (.303 is the same caliber as the 1895 Winchester.) was designed to replace the Lee-Metford rifle in 1888. However, the Lee-Enfield is no longer in service by the British Military. It is still used by the Indian Police, as well as other common-wealth nations. It was replaced with the L1A1 SLR. The L1A1 was soon replaced in mid-1980's with the SA80, or as you know it, the L85. If the Enfield was kept in the game, the rounds should be inter-changeable with the Winchester rifle.

That being said, I appreciate the comments that will be made on this post. I had used the search engine to find other posts about the Mosin Nagant being added, but I didn't want to bury this long paragraph under someone's half-thought attempt to add it to the game.

Also, the wiki links are there for your enjoyment, but as I know, most of you will not click on them, because I listed almost every fact about these guns in the paragraph with the links.

Thanks!

-Skaterkidd92

Edited by Skaterkidd92

if the gun is not in Arma2 then it cant be in dayz.

Not necessarily true. The hatchet and crowbar were added as weapons. If they can add melee weapons, it should not be that hard to design and code a new weapon into the game. If they want this to go stand-alone, Rocket and Co. have to step it up with new weapons.

I think just because they're russians they dont have to make it in "Russia" make a map of africa or something, remove all M4s and the huey since they're not russian. I am so sick of games with Russian and American themes right now that I want to quit playing Dayz. But just saying, id rather play in America than Russia. Cant wait untill war z

Edited by Black-Jack

The Mosin Nagant is a very common rifle in Russia. In today's market, lot's of army surplus stores sell them close to $120. They are reliable, and take 7.62x54R caliber ammunition. This is the same (or close to the same) ammunition that the Kalashnikov (AK-47) uses.

It's the same as the SVD, the ak-47 (AKM) uses 7.62x39 rounds.

I agree with the nagant being ingame, especially the scoped ones could be fun.

• Like 1

It's the same as the SVD, the ak-47 (AKM) uses 7.62x39 rounds.

I agree with the nagant being ingame, especially the scoped ones could be fun.

Ah! thanks for the information. I hadn't searched up the different calibers for every single AK series rifle, but I will add it in that it is the same as the SVD.

You have my upvot- i mean... beans. beans everywhere.

I think just because they're russians they dont have to make it in "Russia" make a map of africa or something, remove all M4s and the huey since they're not russian. I am so sick of games with Russian and American themes right now that I want to quit playing Dayz. But just saying, id rather play in America than Russia. Cant wait untill war z

I agree that the Russians are over-used in gaming, but the story-line of ArmA 2 was made before most of the Russian hype. Anyways, Chenarus was in the middle of a civil war. The US came in to stop it (If you had actually played the campaign.)

I see what you are saying, but I wish to correct you. Also, The War Z is nowhere near where Day Z is going. I can't wait for Day Z stand-alone, where the engine will be perfected enough to actually play and add new content. Show me one game play video of the War Z. Actual game play. And the "Teaser" doesn't count.