Sign in to follow this  
muniek85

more matches... or make it default equipment.

I have run like 12 kilometers checking settlement after settlement and whenever i found anything other than a closed house it didnt had matches... How hard it is in post apocalyptic world to find matches in/around houses? After that long boring run when i almost felt asleep zombie got from middle of nowhere and finished me. (I was trying to find matches to make campfire to char meat i have butchered from a game to recover health).

Edited by muniek

How hard it is in post apocalyptic world to find matches in/around houses?

Is this a trick question? Starting a fire would be one of the most sought after capabilities in such a world. Matches would be among the first to be scavenged from residences and would indeed be quite the rarity.

None of the tools are meant to be ez-mode pickups. It's a luck of the draw. They do not need increased drop rates, nor does anything else. Finding <uncommon/rare> items is pretty much the object of DayZ itself. If you make things more common, you largely defeat a core element of the game's design.

However, luck seems to dictate that you will find 4 more boxes of matches in rapid succession once you finally do find your first box of matches. That seems to be how it goes. "Oh, you don't need this anymore? Let me spawn dozens of them for you :D". Oh random number generator, you cruel mistress.

• Like 1

Try a supermarket. That's your best bet.

P.S - There is supermarkets in towns other than Cherno & Electro.

• Like 1

maybe i'm just really unlucky (or lucky, however you want to look at it), but I find more ghillie suits, mountain dews and AS50s than matches -_-

I'm somewhat convinced that when nobody is looking, the zombies eat all the matches when there are no players around to eat :D

I've been in both boats; the small towns never seem to have any matches but the supermarkets seem to have at least 1, and I've found up to 3 in a single supermarket. It'd be nice if they could be spread out more.

i quote the supermarkets..they are the best and for some loot they are the only spot where the percentage is a bit higher (also tent)

in zelenogorsk supermarket, today, i found 4matches...

ANY supermarket: Chernogorsk, Elektro, Moglievka(N-E), zelenogorsk, pustoska, vybor, sobor (N-N-W) got common tools like map, watches, compas, matches +food/drink and other stuff (also czech backpacks and Alice packs are quite common)

you are just looting wrong places.

keep searching

Berenzino has tons of opportunities to find a box of matches.

It has two supermarkets and multiple medium- to high value residential loot spawns.

Take a trip around there and good luck!