pieisdeath

Trading outpost

Might have got a mate of mine in on this cause. Should hopefully be available for 2 hours at like 7/8 for scouting and looking for gear.

Manage to find any sandbags/ wire etc?

Also was thinking, we should set ip our 'depot' before we set up a post, this way we'll have a few bits to actually start with!

i havent been looking that much ive been busy and do you mean have some supplies before we say we are open for business?

i havent been looking that much ive been busy and do you mean have some supplies before we say we are open for business?

Yea, as in build up a tent or 2 so we have something to start with.

How many of us are going to be rolling today? Had a good session last night, need to find somewhere that'll let us pitch this fucking tent!

I think its just gonna be you nate and cory tonight i think im where you lot logged out im guessing ill find out next time we all play

Alright, cool. You need to come up with a name for this trading thing, to give it some zazz. Hopefully we'll get the tent up and running tonight, and head off looking for fortifications and gear.

All we need now is a few extra members and some trading interest.

Prehaps what we could do is whenever someone posts a thread needing a trade we could reply to it if we have the items, drum up some trade that way.

that would make sense i might also start another thread when we are ready to say that we are open and trading

Ok, big update for you guys, we had issues with the server you chose for the base pie, so after fiddling about updating the arma beta patch to the most recent, we had to find another. The update ate my tent and spawned me, cori and brad back at the coast, albeit with all our gear (minus the tent in my pack).

After that I realise the server ate my m14 and coris ak, and I'm fairly certain we had an invisible hacker trolling us with creepy footsteps that responded to the in game direct chat.

What core did find however, is a fully working car with a tent inside! So we now have a vehicle and a tent.

Me and cori both have the coords of where we left the car, and the tent is on his person.

Now we can really get started!

thats damn awesome youll have to tell me on skype where you are and what to do to set up the latest beta patch

Isn't it already being done by the "Freeside Trading Co."?

well that doenst mind right? there is always room for some competition so they keep getting better to attract more traders. and if one of them got griefed or attacked by bandits or even by hackers you still have the other one! its good to have some competition just like IRL to keep it high quality.

Edited by xiiam

^exactly

Look at all these threads requesting trades, plenty of scope here, and freeside are only on 2/3 servers I think, whereas dayz has like 1 million players.

Having competition and bandit attacks makes for hell of a good gaming experience as opposed to 'run here, loot that, shoot him, run there, loot that, get shot'.

Don't get me wrong that's still fun as hell, this is a different way of playing. It's not even set up yet and I'm having a blast.

I'll fill you in tonight pie, should be on about 6pm.

ok that will be good then and yeah i was just getting bored of looting places so i thought why not try and do something with a group to make things a little more interesting and so far its going great

Found out what happened to the car..... It was taken for a spin and was met with a M107 round to the engine block. Boom.

In other news, me and Nate was playing on EU2, there was rampant hacking, cherno and balota were on fire, there were 3 hueys in the air, I got killed by either superman or a hacker, he took 3 m107 rounds to the skull and still 1 shotted my with an Enfield.

( I've got fraps of the fires lol)

Nate met his fate also to a hacker, so now we are bare again.

Not a good session.

damn hackers we will have to try and get you geared up quickly again did you get any vids of the hackers?

Only Cherno and balota on fire, and the store in Elektro being blown up. Sorry about losing the .50, I was sure a headshot would have killed him.

If we want to upgrade to 1.7.2.5, apparently Dayz commander can do it

yeah but we can also upgrade manually so i dunno but do you know when six launcher is gonna get it and playing earlier today i found 2 tents a coyote backpack and a ghillie suit and im somewhere near where you lot put the tent last time

There's a thread on the discussion page about how launcher has stopped or apparently is stopping being updated, that's why I went with commander. Also, with your permission I'd like to record our setting up and running this trading outpost and post it on my YouTube channel? I believe that would be quite cool, and maybe get us alot more custom if each trading session was recorded.

'where we were before' do you mean the deep valley or the northern area?

If anything I would hope that the trader outpost idea comes up in the standalone, except make it a safe area where weapons cant be drawn.

i mean northen area and i dont i dont mind you recording us setting up but it would be better if you didnt record in the places that are meant to be the secret loot points but yeah by all means record us playing ive got no problem with itand yeah ive just downloaded commander and just about to install it oh and could you give me a link to your youtube channel?