Sign in to follow this  
nosix (DayZ)

Whiskey

I was just thinking, there's all these nice empty whiskey bottles on the ground, could we have some full ones? There would be a debuff however, the feeling of being drunk, causing more noise, eventually if u drink enough maybe vomiting then you go unconscious.

But why?

It wouldn't have the good side that it does in real life.

I like where you're going with this but I think you need to take it one or two steps farther. How bout when you break a leg you can use whiskey instead of morphine but you pay a penalty in the form of drunkeness or some type of other debuf like shakey aiming or something.

Theres many things that could be added to this game to make it more immersive without breaking the balance, which is one good thing I hope to see in the standalone.

drink real whiskey while you play and then you get the good side and the bad side.

its like playing in 4D

beware the consequences, yesterday I did this and I ran my friend over with my motorcycle

Edited by RunningScared

I like where you're going with this but I think you need to take it one or two steps farther. How bout when you break a leg you can use whiskey instead of morphine but you pay a penalty in the form of drunkeness or some type of other debuf like shakey aiming or something.

Definate +1 for medicinal whiskey. Risk/Reward or offsetting pros against cons are the crown jewels of game mechanics. It'd probably make more sense if used to cure cold (body temp) or light wounds. Magic fracture-b-gone Whiskey seems a *tad* demented...:-)

edit: Also if you've just chugged a bottle of Whiskey, you're just as likely to break the other leg when opening a particularly menacing door, or something.... (No, I'm not in the NW airfield with a broken leg because I smacked myself with a door... no sir)

Edited by snafusan