Sign in to follow this  
shawn058

Dealing with hackers on a Veteran server

Not sure if anyone else that administrates servers is experiencing this or not, but we've had a lot of issues lately and can't find a good way to deal with it.

If the server is set to "veteran" there is no way to identify players within the game. When an obvious hacker comes on, (teleporting, spawing choppers/suv's, turning into dogs/cows, etc), how can you deal with them and ONLY them. Is there a way to identify who a specific person is that I am missing? We've had several instances where we've been forced to either shut the server down or kick everyone in the server to get rid of one or two hackers. It's happening close to daily and it's really frustrating, not just for us, but also for the innocent people who are being kicked because we cannot identify who the hacker is.

Is switching to "regular" the ONLY way to somehow identify a player? Hackers seem to be coming out of the woodwork lately, and they're not trying to hide it either. We've had the thunderdome, we've had black suv's, players turning into dogs/cows, artillery, satchel charges, nukes, teleporting, etc. It's ridiculous and making the game nearly unplayable.

• Like 1

Bro satchel charges are in the game. But I know of no way to find them, there really needs to be a public log on who killed who(in game) with more in depth info for the admin for admin uses per say.

I agree about the kill log, but I didn't know satchel charges were in this game. I knew they were in arma, but not active in Dayz. But the log idea is what we were thinking as well. I was wondering more if there was an existing way to identify players that I'm not currently aware of, because kicking an entire server full of people or shutting it down every time something like this happens is really shitty and quite annoying.

I have switched our server off to to these fuck tards ruining our game. I dont even have a way of getting their cunting IP's and dos attacking the cunts. The servers are ruled by fucking hackers.

Not sure if anyone else that administrates servers is experiencing this or not, but we've had a lot of issues lately and can't find a good way to deal with it.

If the server is set to "veteran" there is no way to identify players within the game. When an obvious hacker comes on, (teleporting, spawing choppers/suv's, turning into dogs/cows, etc), how can you deal with them and ONLY them. Is there a way to identify who a specific person is that I am missing? We've had several instances where we've been forced to either shut the server down or kick everyone in the server to get rid of one or two hackers. It's happening close to daily and it's really frustrating, not just for us, but also for the innocent people who are being kicked because we cannot identify who the hacker is.

Is switching to "regular" the ONLY way to somehow identify a player? Hackers seem to be coming out of the woodwork lately, and they're not trying to hide it either. We've had the thunderdome, we've had black suv's, players turning into dogs/cows, artillery, satchel charges, nukes, teleporting, etc. It's ridiculous and making the game nearly unplayable.

The RPT file makes it obvious usually. Ban them.

Of course there's several problems.

1. You're not allowed to ban them.

2. You have to ask DayZ staff to ban them.

3. Above requires proof, proof is literally impossible to provide since it's in a text file.

4. The RPT file is going to be gutted and probably be useless in the next update.

So according to DayZ policy your only real option is to sit there and take it.

And people wonder why hacking is so prevalent. :rolleyes: