Sign in to follow this  
torokfremen

State of Helicopters on Servers (our server as proof)

So we are a clan and we actually own a server, de xxx, something like 10 days ago, to be more accurate like the day after the chopper was put back into the game again, so the 28th or 29th of july we've seen a helicopter flying and roaming around by atleast 2 players (since one was flying and the other one shooting from the side), after that day we've lost sight of it and until now we've been on his traces with no clue on where it is or if it's actually somewhere broken or saved or whatever.

after that day we've registered that players from another specific clan stopped playing, they were a group of 2,3 and they were pretty much active until the day after we spotted the chopper,

we guessed they might have crashed the huey and stopped playing on our server.

so our hunt began

• theory 1: the chopper crashed 9-10 days ago, since then we've been looking at every of his new confirmed spawns as of 1.7.2.4 (mind that we're atleast 6 hardcore players by the number of hour we spend on dayz so it's not like we've missed out anything like not looking further at the borders of the maps, nor leaving any possible spot for it to land and be saved, by someone

the server restarted multiple times since we have a curious case of high fps and latency for everyone when the server runs for more than 36h, always 2x in order to get back tents and vehicles for anyone inside and with previous warning by global chat

we actually own 7 vehicles, 2x atv, GAZ, V3S Civilian, Tractor, Bike & Motorcycle

and we even spotted others like an autobus and flipped atvs,

we recently heard of the 7 days respawn for chopper who's not influenced by server restarts and even so we took in account that the chopper has disappeared from more than 10 days and still no chopper spawned in the 3 confirmed locations, even though still no trace.

• theory 2: we've read that if someone crashes while on the chopper it goes wasted or worse, it can go deeply underwater or far far out of the map, if this is the case what should we do? considered we don't use hacks nor even have a clue if there is a server command to make it respawn manually

• theory 3: the chopper badly landed anywhere and got destroyed in the process, then with every programmed server restarts it respawns in the site of the crash and the cooldown for the 7 days of doom starts over again in order for the server to make it spawn back as the wiki says non-saved vehicles will return to a random spawn of the known ones after 7 days.

• theory 4: the chopper never spawned on our server and simply got hacked, our admin says the server is up to date and we all are running version 95417

• theory 5: you may think someone has the chopper landed & hidden somewhere and sometimes he login in order to save it again, i can say we're almost constantly keeping a list of who's playing on our server day by day and we've found that there almost no players playing on it from more than 4,5 days consecutively (many ragequits after dying too many times ;D)

p.s. we once had a hacker on the server and he killed 4 of us by instagib with a command and destroyed our ural :'( is there any chance he stopped the chopper from spawning or have it teleported far in the ocean?

the sad story of the ural HERE

So what do you guys think?

I've read in other threads that many players are in the same situation as i've explained here and so i hope this will help someone more than us

and i want you to know that we aren't bad players in the way that when we'll know where the chopper is we'll storm it :) we usually play in groups of 1,2 players and so helicopter isn't our goal, but we would gladly see other players riding it and be it a good prey for our hunting!

any ideas or tip?

1) try & search harder for chopper badly landed in random places? (we'll do that even more even if we have already looked everywhere)

2) search more the spawn points? (we're doing it since we knew the new spawn points, like 8 days ago)

3) you say there are new spawn points as of 1.7.2.4? please tell us all here so everyone may get benefits from that and update the wiki aswell

sorry for the walltext and grammar errors, hope this will help us, our players, and all of you in the same situation of 0 choppers on your servers

from left to right: players, Tau, Svrango

20qe102.jpg

Svrango: i'm tired.. it's been almost 2 weeks we're looking for this goddamn chopper... aren't you tired aswell?

Tau: ... dead tired

• Like 2

We are on the same boat brother, my story is pretty much like yours and seem that helicopter just won't spawn at all. I keep tring to finding clues on how heli spawn works, but seem that nobody still knows it, we have to find how it works by our way.

You have to sacrifice 5 Urals 10 goats and 1 survivor in the name of Wangotango. You then have his blessing to go on the quest to hunt for the "Instructinomicon". An unholy book of woe written in braille. Trade that to the Leprechaun of Olsha. He will then give you directions to The Mountain. Once there you will be asked to answer 3 questions by that which shall remain unnamed. Should you answer all 3 questions correctly you will be given a fortune cookie. THAT will then tell you how to spawn the Helicopter. Once. Good luck and Gods Speed.

OK now for realz. Good luck man and i hope yall get it straightened out.

Edited by Stonedknight
  • Like 5

Theres a vehicle limit I think. It's either been reached or too high. Which is why people destroy boats to open up the chances of better vehicle spawns.

Theres a vehicle limit I think. It's either been reached or too high. Which is why people destroy boats to open up the chances of better vehicle spawns.

No, that's not true at all.

Someone probably has it stashed right now. Maybe they flew it around part of the map a few days ago and then logged off and haven't been on since. Just because you havnt seen a heli fly over cherno doesnt mean its bugged.

My understanding was after it was destroyed it would respawn seven days later at one if six locations that are identified on the dayz db map.

omg we found it after 18 days........................ it's 150 meters far from the coast... under water... FML

what to do?

• Like 1

You must laugh... with only 6 people though do you really need to hoard that many vehicles? I know you say its your own server but seriously that is quite excessive. I wouldn't be surprised if people don't sit around for long on your server if you have them mostly hidden.

Though you said you found it, keep in mind you can still hide them off the map as long as you keep accessing it... so if it ever goes missing again!

Edited by Mastiff

ok we destroyed it, saved the relict and still the chopper lays down in the sea even after server restarts (repaired ofc for maximum trolling)

i've seen multiple threads of ppl who's in our same situation, what was your SOLUTION? apart nuke from the orbit

this happened on me and my friends server, your pretty much SOL besides completely restarting the server to wipe it from the hive, including all vehicles and tents.

GL

t

this happened on me and my friends server, your pretty much SOL besides completely restarting the server to wipe it from the hive, including all vehicles and tents.

GL

thanks for the suggestion, we'll think about it, atleast we know where it is ^^ amen