Dirty Old Coot

Idea for Stand Alone DayZ

So.. I think it would be super fun if the stand alone had classes..

Every Class can do just about anything but only 25-50% as well, so classes are just a boost to that area and maybe one bonus skill unique to that class.

Medic: 100% use of first aid items.

Special: Defibrillator, resurrect player within 10 seconds of death. Single use can find more.

Engineer: 100% use of repair/build skill on buildings/generators/fortifications

Special: Starts with toolbox

Mechanic: 100% use of vehicle parts

Special: turbo kit, add turbo boost to any vehicle ( burns fuel x3)

Soldier: Steady hand with all weapons & shakes less with pain.

Special: Starts with Camo Hunting with a knife

Average Joe: Hardcore Mode, starts with nothing.

Special: Does everything @50%

I would like to see upgradeable buildings and fortifications that can use repair/upgrade generators/power lines to hold a structure and light up areas at night, and engineer would be a boon in this area, also it would encourage team play of a sort and thus the medic would also bonus. You get the idea any thoughts?

Don't really want "classes" in the game. What I would like to see, however, is maybe "job before the outbreak" or something like that. For example you can make your character be a police officer, doctor, and all kinds of other jobs that may give SLIGHT advantages. But nothing to do with stats, for example, a police officer may have less aim shake than a doctor.

No. A million times no.

Also, use the search function, there's been hundreds of threads about classes already.

P.S - I'm a medic and I didn't need a helping hand from the game mechanics to achieve it.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

I wrote a similar thing in my topic, but I think that the "class system" doesn't suit well with DayZ.

I mean, the idea is good but it needs to be developed in a different way.

IMO a class system will defeat the purpose of the game. You invent your own class by playing. I wouldn't mind slowly racking up experience in heavy use of a certain item, though, or playing the game a certain way - but on the other hand, it would produce weaknesses, and skew the game... So it might actually also be a bad idea.

You forgot the sniper class that 90% of the players will want to play .

A much better system is roll-your-own-class by making a bunch of traits and allowing you to pick some subset of them to make a character.

Edited by random51

I can not eat as much as i want to vomit right now!

Why people don´t use the search button and why why would you introduce something as terrible as "classes" into a game like DAYZ! It is everything but not a game where classes would do any good! OH MY GOD... Please listen to me! Play the game, really play the game and catch the spirit of it! And when you think you understand what this game is about, makes some suggestions and they might be worth somehting. Classes I still can´t believe that some people think of it as an idea, I say it is an insult to dayz! You might as well put some Dwarfs and Magicians and flying horses in there!

sorry for beeing so rude, but i am on this forum on a daily basis and there are so many topics making me mad.

• Like 3

I can not eat as much as i want to vomit right now!

Why people don´t use the search button and why why would you introduce something as terrible as "classes" into a game like DAYZ! It is everything but not a game where classes would do any good! OH MY GOD... Please listen to me! Play the game, really play the game and catch the spirit of it! And when you think you understand what this game is about, makes some suggestions and they might be worth somehting. Classes I still can´t believe that some people think of it as an idea, I say it is an insult to dayz! You might as well put some Dwarfs and Magicians and flying horses in there!

sorry for beeing so rude, but i am on this forum on a daily basis and there are so many topics making me mad.

I agree with you.

• Like 1

I agree with you.

that is more than appreciated! for the deus ex 1 cover (what is very important, because deus ex 2 was from hell and the last one was cool but not as aweseome as the first one) - i would give you my beans :)

Why do people keep posting shit like this? Why on earth would anyone want that shit system in a great game like this. This game is awesome because it has a new concept of freedom and completely remove all elements that decide who you are before you start the game, let's keep it that way.

this is not cod or battlefield, no...

So you dont like classes then?

My thought about classes is WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU RIGHT NOW PRE-OUTBREAK?

If you're on the forums daily I would think gamer nerd, so do you know how to hunt/clean/cook wild game?

What if you play in your off time from deployment or in some branch of the military, you would know how to use weapons better than random stick fuck that works at McD's right?

What if you're an auto mechanic when the world ends I'm betting you have a bit of knowledge in automotive repair that I do not..

Personally I'm a blacksmith in real life, I forge steel into useful things and I am also a farrier and shoe horses, I also hunt/fish/camp quite a bit and was raised in the country I have a strong set of skills that others might not have.

What I am asking for is a way to figure out who the fuck you are before this shit happens so you have an appropriate skill set for your time in the apocalypse. I am not asking for a fucking pyro class, nor a way to say I graduated from scout sniper school and my character was a 10th mountain ranger.

Never played cod or battlefield I have a wife and job I play when I can and not very many games sorry.

/gogo forum nerd rage powa!!

Edited by Dirty Old Coot