fuzzyponcho

Map rotation idea

Several people have expressed interest in new maps for the standalone product, IMO I prefer everybody playing the same map at the same time. What if map were played in rotation, So toward the end of the month a in-game poll can be created allowing players to choose the next map in the rotation for that month, this way nobody is stuck playing a map everybody hates.

No and no. The only way I would even want another map is if it was on different persistent servers that carried different characters/inventorys. However that would double the strain on the hive server trying to keep up with an extra player per account so I doubt its feasable in the near future.

No thanks.

Rocket has expressed an interest in having very large islands. This will keep everyone happy if it can be implemented in the standalone. The Arma 3 engine can support maps over 500km square so there's loads of scope for variation in the finished game.

No :facepalm:

Really insightful....

No thanks.

Rocket has expressed an interest in having very large islands. This will keep everyone happy if it can be implemented in the standalone. The Arma 3 engine can support maps over 500km square so there's loads of scope for variation in the finished game.

Didn't know Rocket wanted to make islands, that would be a pretty cool concept to keep things fresh. If the maps can be as big as 500km I wondering how spawn and groups are going to work, it takes pretty long on a 200km map to terrain, imagine 500km.

No :facepalm:

If you got a penny for every time you simply posted the word 'No' and an accomplising picture, you'd have enough money to buy every single person who uses this forum so that you could run a sweat shop where we painted you pictures of people facepalming.

By the way Rocket said he was ashamed of people like you in the community.

If there were many types of maps then something would have to be worked out for using them. Either a rotation, or servers choose that map. This could be an opportunity to finally get multiple characters? You can have one character in each map? You then obviously couldn't travel between maps. Or he could go that route. One character but you can travel between the maps somehow.