Sign in to follow this  
DefQon1 (DayZ)

Backpack issues, items rollback

Hi. Just wanted to know if there's any way I can prevent this as I have experienced this problem multiple times. The thing is sometimes when I login I can see that items in my backpack are not the same before the last time I log out. Before I logged out from my previous session earlier today I had DMR + mags in my backpack. When I logged back in 1 hour ago the DMR was gone and the backpack had rollbacked to a point where it was full of blood packs, epi pens etc. I took my current backpack from a surviver I killed and I remember he had a lot of medical supplies so I guess this is the rollback point.

Is there a way to "perm" my backpack so that the items I have stored in there won't rollback like this? It's really annoying to find all those items back that I have stored in there.

You could put the items you want to keep into a tent, relog and then put them back into your backpack before you log out if you want to be entirely safe from backpack rollbacks. From my experience these rollbacks seem to happen if you have played for a long time without logging.

On servers where it takes longer than usual to reach the hive and back (Usually you can tell by it taking a long time to join in).. you can't log out too soon after switching items to/from your inventory or it will rollback. Wait at least a couple minutes after switching items in your inventory before logging.

I learned this from someone else on the forums a while back and has yet to ever fail me, EVER...

1-Drop one item from your main inventory on the ground.

2-Then step back and open your inventory off that one item.

3-Now drop everything you have in your backpack in that pile.

4-Now close your inventory again while its all on the ground.

5-Now look at it again and open your inventory once again off the now larger pile "all your backpack contents".

6-Then put them all back in your backpack and put that one item from your main inventory back.

I know seems like a pain in the ass but after some practice you can do all this in about 20secs. So when you have to switch from say your DMR to your CQB weapon you will never have to worry about losing them. This works 100% for me and my 5 buddy's over the last 3months. Even when the backpacks were bugged to shit this, still works every time. Any questions PM me.

Edited by RyBo
  • Like 2