Sign in to follow this  
venestyler

Traps and Alarm systems

Hello all,

When I used to game using ACE2 as Sniper and some Spec Ops missions I always when going to set base in some building we would first make sure we would have our backs covered.

Therefor i would place traps (explosives/trip wires/AP mines) or alert systems at the entrances ,stairs or in house doors.

SO I was thinking how awesome would it be to be able to either CRAFT or FIND this on the map.

To CRAFT: in order to make a noise trigger device you could use those EMPTY CANS which are many laying around and A ROPE, COMBINE these two together and you would have a TRIPWIRE WITH CANS.

These would create noise to alert all close but you could use it aswell as TRAP so when a player walks in a house it could ATTRACT ZOMBIES cornering in the house!!!!

2nd idea: Wire and Flare to trigger a TRAP where when tripwire gets activated the FLARE would go off alerting of the players position!

And so on with AP explosives or mines.

Yeah, i remember seeing this in a zombie movie where they also used cans and rope to make a audible warning system. (forgot which movie)

But i definitely see the advantages of something like that.

Just gonna copy this from the other thread I posted in.

I was gonna make this post the other day but I don't know how Arma handles Combining objects.

I know you can place things easily and a script for proximity ignition is easily doable. The only obstacles i encountered in theory were combining of items( String/Wire + Road Flares=Trip Flare) and server stress(if any) on them being placed, and what lifetime they might have.

I was thinking:

String/Wire + Road Flare = Trip Flare

String/Wire + Smoke Grenade = Smoke Flare(Zombie magnet in towns)

String/Wire + Empty Can = Noise device

As much as Combining a M67 would be fun I think it'd be too broken.