sgtwilson

Used DayZ Radar to spot a hacker who does not appear on playerlist

I understand the debate about DayZ Radar but, being a co-admin of a server, I downloaded and used it to try and curb against hackers.

So as not to risk getting into any trouble with Rocket & Co, I will not name the server or any other of its players until I am assured by someone official that no punishment will come of using DayZ Radar.

After fiddling with the tool for a while, it has become evident that there is a repeat offender of teleportation.

The strange thing about this is, is that the player does not show on the playerlist when he is active.

We know this because, during one of the sessions where we updated and viewed the RPT file every minute to two minutes, we could see this player teleporting to various points on the map yet his name did not appear ingame.

Please see below for screenshots where you can see his teleporting behaviour (to campsites that are known to us) and the amazing haul of weapons this person seems to go through.

I'd like to know;

1) How can someone be on the server but not appear on the playerlist?

2) How can I get his ID from the server logs?

3) How can I report this for global-banning?

Thanks

PS. We do not use this tool for abuse, only to find hackers.

NB. Added the movements of a non-hacker for comparison.

oneln.jpg

twonv.jpg

threenv.jpg

Edited by paulthebob

Hard to believe Dude....:) No offence but its hard to belive.

All I can say is I wish that tool was fucking legal. It would make my life a lot fucking easier.

I have seen this behavor on my server as well. The player will always be listed in DayZ radar as -, and does not appear in the player list ingame. I'm starting to believe it might be a bug with DayZ Radar. But I stopped using Radar as it's really hard to make much sense of the data, and it's so easy to abuse.

Edit: My copy has no malware in it, I can say that with certainty (used Kaspersky to check). But I got mine directly from the author, not from some website.

Edited by TolaGarf

All I can say is I wish that tool was fucking legal. It would make my life a lot fucking easier.

you should ask, Why someone has made a tool that is really needed for currently state, just no one gonna make it?

We got this tool before the programme is spotted as hacked one. So????

it is a tool i believe most of the programmer in this forum could take some times and make it. However it seems no one going to do so after Day_Radar.

That's why we are fxcked by Cheaters, since no one is gonna help us

"So as not to risk getting into any trouble with Rocket & Co, I will not name the server or any other of its players until I am assured by someone official that no punishment will come of using DayZ Radar."

Regardless whether this admin uses this tool for "good" or "bad", it's sad that DayZ admins in general have to go rouge and to such measures to combat hacking... because the equivalent legit adminning facilities that are present in other games simply does not exist in DayZ.

• Like 1

"So as not to risk getting into any trouble with Rocket & Co, I will not name the server or any other of its players until I am assured by someone official that no punishment will come of using DayZ Radar."

Regardless whether this admin uses this tool for "good" or "bad", it's sad that DayZ admins in general have to go rouge and to such measures to combat hacking... because the equivalent legit adminning facilities that are present in other games simply does not exist in DayZ.

Hear Hear

Just like real life, the burglar gets a suspended sentence, but the homeowner that catches and beats him gets a jailterm.

Moved to off topic as this is not a supported tool.

I Googled that because i had no idea what it was, and it took me to a hack site!! Well done.......NOT!

I Googled that because i had no idea what it was, and it took me to a hack site!! Well done.......NOT!

I already linked my thread containing information that the program is infected, yet people still use it lol. People these days...

I already linked my thread containing information that the program is infected, yet people still use it lol. People these days...

Using if since the beginning.

Scanned the programm, scanned my computer, all clean.

Ho you.

The - (player) ,

is when the Hive / server or wathever lost a player , it's a bug not a hacker ,

just uncheck it when you want see the map.

seems like an afwul lot of work to have gone to, to then fill it with trojans. Why go to the hassle of actually making it work ?

Just a note, a lot of times the RPT doesn't reflect a player (IE Update them to the hive) when they are in a vehicle. It is possible that this person was traveling around in a vehicle, and you only see the hive updates of where they exit that vehicle. Now if this player was only on for a small period of time, then it would be likely that they were teleporting.

The - (player) ,

is when the Hive / server or wathever lost a player , it's a bug not a hacker ,

just uncheck it when you want see the map.

Actually, this is interesting.

I've just reset the server to bring it back to normal time (GMT+1) as for some reason it desyncs the time occasionally and it was night, and the - again has begun doing his stuff, despite there being only like 3 people in the server, which lead me to believe it wasn't a player but in fact some glitch, which you mention.

What evidence have you for this?

Using if since the beginning.

Scanned the programm, scanned my computer, all clean.

Ho you.

You actually trust normal consumer anti virus programs? It was thoroughly analized by a very reputable site in what they do, and it was infected. The Day Z staff also reviewed my post and approved it, up to you if you want to ignore the warning.

You actually trust normal consumer anti virus programs? It was thoroughly analized by a very reputable site in what they do, and it was infected. The Day Z staff also reviewed my post and approved it, up to you if you want to ignore the warning.

Which site did it? (is there a link to the result ?) as your thread seems to show a SS of a cheat site thread which I wouldn’t say was that reputable.

Edited by {SAS}Stalker

I understand the debate about DayZ Radar but, being a co-admin of a server, I downloaded and used it to try and curb against hackers.

So as not to risk getting into any trouble with Rocket & Co, I will not name the server or any other of its players until I am assured by someone official that no punishment will come of using DayZ Radar.

After fiddling with the tool for a while, it has become evident that there is a repeat offender of teleportation.

The strange thing about this is, is that the player does not show on the playerlist when he is active.

We know this because, during one of the sessions where we updated and viewed the RPT file every minute to two minutes, we could see this player teleporting to various points on the map yet his name did not appear ingame.

Please see below for screenshots where you can see his teleporting behaviour (to campsites that are known to us) and the amazing haul of weapons this person seems to go through.

I'd like to know;

Thanks

oneln.jpg

twonv.jpg

threenv.jpg

I'd like to know;

Thanks

oneln.jpg

twonv.jpg

threenv.jpg

I've seen it too. Someone coincidentally named rocket was teleporting to people with his friends killing people, and they just happened to be invincible too. I unloaded a whole clip of m1911 in his head. Reloaded, repeated, and then took out my winchester and shot him twice in the chest. He just ignored it all and broke my legs and let me bleed out. He got my friends as well, who were far away from me.

So I check the playerlist. Nothing there. Not one of the people attacking. I suspect they can change their nameplates so it makes it impossible for a player to report them.

"Don't use their product, it's infected, mine's better"

ahem

Which site did it? (is there a link to the result ?) as your thread seems to show a SS of a cheat site thread which I wouldn’t say was that reputable.

I cant say or link, i was specifically told not to. I'll post some results here in a little bit. The thread was only made to warn "innocents" that might not have known what they were doing,

but as the Day Z staff said, if admins wants to cheat, the infection is their own problem.