muniek85

Any point in not being murderer?

I have shot my deal of people, but I always end up being killed as well.

I encountered a few people, also in small groups, usually pairs is how I meet them, stand and salute, then they sometimes shoot me, so I go postal and return fire with that bit of blood I have left, sometimes I even manage to patch myself up.

I raid their bodies, and usually there are some valuables in there. I have drugged vision, find a cow, take its meat, camp out in the forests until healed.

I like to avoid players for the simple reason they shoot first and ask questions later. Even when I'm saluting them, or tell them I'm friendly, they still shoot. once I was not even armed, I salute them, hoping they understand I'm not after their stuff, and all I had was my spawn items. They were not after my loot for sure, just the pleasure of murder. These people exist, can't say otherwise.

I never engage a person, and never feel the need to drool over their shiney Alice Pack that might contain that morphine I really want to stock up on.

I rather risk a trip to Cherno and get it from the medical centre than murder some poor guy in the woods, unaware of me even being there.

I just can't. Even though it's a game. I am too much of a kind guy to murder people for their stuff.

I once even was proning along the fields because I seemed to have broken my bones, and encountered a newly spawned guy. He told me I should wait right there, and he'll get me some supplies, so I did. 15 minutes later I saw the "that guy" was killed. I don't even remember his name. But he took a bullet trying to get morphine for me. That is just sad, but he tried.

Again, it's all a game, and a little RPG play is in order, but you can clearly see the difference in players.

Some even kill you and don't even care to even as much as look at your carcass. I even observed some from bushes killing a cow, just walking there, and leaving it to rot. Not even take their meat? they were carrying assault rifles, and surely they knew what a cow is for, and that you need a hunting knife to do something useful with this kill.

Kill for pure pleasure, this is sad, but true. Leave the cow alone if you do not plan anything with it. Or were they

Ofcourse these games such as COD which have the sole purpose of killing for points is different. But on DAYZ you don't have to. Your soul is showing. You kill for loot? You kill for fun? Or like me you even try to avoid killing Zeds. Ammo is precious. Why wasting it on killing things you can avoid easily.

Zeds mean nothing to me, they are NPC's that really changes my feelings for them as they are not real players.

Not real player who wandered the lands for hours to scavenge the goods they have. Not players that have a mission of staying alive.

So in DAYZ you are what you want yourself to be.

I feel great seeing that murder counter to 0.

What's your story?

Edited by Dantevortex
  • Like 1

Just yesterday I was sad that I had spawned in Elektro, it usually means trouble. Scouting through the apartment house with a trusty axe I came across a terribly sad scene. Two fresh corpses; armed and decent starting kit on both of them. Looking into the room where must have started their squabble I see a tent, such a sad thing to die over.

Another for my growing tent city, whoop-it-di-do.

Must have been terrible for them, both spawned and grouped up, stocking up on common items then... Ohh shiny.

It is a game and not a real life, so people conscious doesnt count in this case. Is there any system that actually rewards people for not being notorious murderers?

Assuming you're a notorious murderer, everyone knows or has heard about you. They're probably not very fond of you.

Your chances of survival in DayZ increases dramatically with a group of players. Not to say there aren't sucessful groups of murderers, there most certainly are. However, murderering every last person you encounter and never cooperating with anyone will afford you fairly short life spans.

So they are too cowardly to do it to your face, so they do it behind your back, or on the net, or whatever...In my mind that's worse than face to face. It shows how cowardly they are. Repressed individuals.

It is a bit like someone who only steals when there is no one around and they know that they won't get caught...No one caught them, so they aren't branded a thief, so by your logic, they are not a thief. It's a vain attempt at rationalisation.

I know assholes in real life and they are still likeable because they aren't afraid to be an asshole to your face. They don't try to hide it and they are generally not malicious.

The worst, most malicious assholes are the ones you will encounter online, because that horrible little coward inside them gets to lash out in full swing.

The article I linked to addresses all of the points you made and makes plenty of good counterpoints, so I don't feel that I have to add anything to it. Nowhere in the article does it say "nobody catches them so they are not a criminal", and rather than a "vain attempt at rationalization", I would say it's compiled of actual studies rather than one man's opinion.

On the other hand, the dilemma you're talking about is similar to "The Ring of Gyges", where it's asked whether a man who has the power of invisibility will use his ability for crime or good. Socrates' answer? He pretty much just says men who don't act negatively or abuse their power will have the comfort of knowing they're true to their ideals, while the men who use it for personal gain are addicted to personal gain.

And the problem with the analogy is that it doesn't even apply fully to the Day Z situation, where "personal gain" isn't anything tangible or permanent- everybody dies sooner or later regardless and restarts with bandages, painkillers and a flashlight. So essentially your argument boils down to personal experience, which differs for everybody.

Unlike most people I've tried being friendly before and it's actually fun, but I'm an endgamer so I gotta live up to my expectations and shoot people on the coast ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess I am an as$hole.. because I will shoot you if I don't know you.. why? because I can. If you don't like it cry louder so I can hear you on the map.

Most of the time bandits will kill people who have almost nothing of value to them, worse weapons, no ammo they can use, no food etc. Anyone worth killing will have better gear than you, and may even have back up, even if you kill one you'll get taken down by them. Result if your starting again with nothing and your victim is starting again with friends helping them get there gear back, or failing that getting new gear.

Playing a bandit, even as a group make no real logical sence if the soul objective is to survive. Everything respawns, and you can even jump servers to find even more more, there is no real reason to fight over it. The only resources you really need are food and water and for that you just need 1/2 water bottles, a hatchet, knife and matches.

Therefor the pvp aspect is purly done for the excitement of shooting another player, which is why people do it just to greaf other gamers. While not all bandits cheat, you can be sure 99.9% of cheater are bandits. This is why people who want to play as survivors want non pvp servers, it's not that we hate pvp.

I'd like to see survivor based servers where you cannot log on with gear from other servers (ie it tracks players separate from other servers) so if you want to come on as bandit, or team of bandits, you have to start afresh. And murders, once killed should be subject to a respawn vote by other non murdering player on the server, with a no vote blocking you from the server for 24hours.

I try to avoid shooting people, unless I know for sure that I will be shot on sight.

Unlike you, I don't bitch about it tho.

Edited by Kosai106

We've (most of us anyway) grown up with Counter Strike, Unreal tournament, quake, so on, where you spawn, your enemy spawns and you kill each other for more points and trophies, in my humble opinion most of us have been brainwashed by this repetitive style of gaming. Few years ago I actually got sick of it. Looked more for games where good teamwork meant everything. So I have found L4D, TF2 and so on, but you eventually get sick of that as well esp when you have years of gaming similar games behind you. Then I find this game.

- I really enjoy the free will that is given to everyone and everything, but like the "it's a free country", it doesn't mean you have to abuse it.

- I don't see why ppl find satisfaction in killing unarmed players. for a counter that goes up by 1 every kill? IT doesn't even matter. That thing is a debug monitor to begin with. In the final version of the game it won't even exist. And beyond the subtle bandit system (with accelerated breathing and all when you see a bandit) there is no reward or glory system to killing others. So why? >brainwashed to kill. If you want to challenge yourself go to Elektro or Cerno where there's always fights and Snipe wars.

-You have found a camp. congratz. take what you need, move on. Why bother destroying the tents, etc? That is simply griefing and you should get help.

Once upon a time I spawned in cerno, found a good sniper and a 1911, went for the hospital to get the so so precious morphine and head for the woods. I got on the hospital roof and to my dissatisfaction did not find any morphine. then I barely herd shots, saw to my right in the appartments a chick looking/looting. I've had fire fights here all too many times, be it we were both trigger nervous or because they liked to kill. I instantly change to sniper and when I zoomed in I saw she had only an axe. No real threat but left me with a predicament. if I left the rooftop she could come searching for supplies as well and axe me as I descent, and I peaked over the edge to see again where she is before I went down I saw her with the corner of my eye reaching the last of the ladder steps, I instantly aim at her neck/chest and she instantly freezes as she sees me. She then slowly descents as I type "walk away". And she did. 2 mins later when I came down she wasn't around the corner ready to axe me as I came down. So I say kindness pays.

The other day, fresh spawn I was going to Berezino since I spawned in the middle of the eastern coast, had an axe and only that. at a remote gas station I found the blue minivan, fresh spawn, for the fun of it I went to the nearest industrial-ish area up north to find some tires and have a bit of fun with it before I inevitably get sniped. As I reached the area I could hear the distant hum of an engine, it got louder and passed me. The car driving full speed across the bridge that was north of this industrial area. As I looked at it a dude on a bicicle sees me, stops and follows me as I ran from him (didn't know intentions) and the aggro that finally caught up with the car. I ran in circles @ the train stop areas where the zombies walk slow casually picking off one or two when I had the time and I could see him behind me shooting at me. I said he's probably shooting down the zombies. After they were all dead (he got restless and trigger happy on the makarov with the zombies) he took out his shotgun and killed me as I typed "hi, thanks"

So now I think... wow, this dude in his mad dash for that car stopped tried to shoot me and failed miserably to the point I thought he was shooting the zombies, kills them all and has to shoot me 4 meters away with a shotgun as I type, and all this time I've kept distance to be clear I'm not interested in axing him.

-Had nothing good to offer, clearly fresh spawn, yet you go out of your way, kill his aggro and then headshot him for what? for a +1 on your kill count? the kill count that doesn't matter in any way?

I'm not even butthurt, all I had was an axe, I just want to understand what is your thought process.

brainwashed and desperate to proove they're worth something is all I can come up with.

Edited by kryvian
  • Like 1

what is the game other, than a mirror of our life?

in a multiplayer game, you interact with other people, individual humans like you. if you murder them, you end their game and force them to start anew. how is being an ass in the game different from being an ass in real life? how is causing discomfort and frustration to others in a game different form real life?

if you are the type of person who draws satisfaction from harassing others in real life, you will enjoy doing it ingame as well. if you are the type of person who draws satisfaction from cooperation, you will enjoy doing it ingame as well.

as stated on several occasions already, the medic thread in the Survivor HQ is a prime example of how cooperation in DayZ works well and provides meaning and joy to many players. similarly, you will find examples of how people enjoy playing the game as asshats.

you need to decide for yourself, who you are.

In real life I go out of my way to help people but in dayz I kill everyone except my friends on sight.

And it has nothing to do with being an asshat. Killing everyone is the most efficient way of playing. They can't kill you and you get their shit. Now I look for loot only if I need car parts. Everything else I get from the people I killed. Plus killing players is the only challenging thing in this game. It has nothing to do with harassment.

Edited by SillySil

I disagree completely. If you are gonna be an asshole in an online multiplayer game, you are, in fact, an asshole. Asshole is a state of mind that motivates asshole-ish actions, it really doesn't matter where those actions took place.

People seem to be under the illusion that they can get on like complete fuckwits and it ok, because it is the internet...The fact is, if you get on like an asshole online, you are still an asshole.

You are just a weak minded, cowardly asshole that only lets your inner asshole come out to play when you think there is no recourse and no consequences to your actions.

You are the worst kind of assholes.

Wow someone harassed you by killing you in a video game. You should sue him.

And the problem with the analogy is that it doesn't even apply fully to the Day Z situation, where "personal gain" isn't anything tangible or permanent- everybody dies sooner or later regardless and restarts with bandages, painkillers and a flashlight.

Tents and off the map vehicle storage mean this isn't really all that true anymore.

So they are too cowardly to do it to your face, so they do it behind your back, or on the net, or whatever...In my mind that's worse than face to face. It shows how cowardly they are. Repressed individuals.

It is a bit like someone who only steals when there is no one around and they know that they won't get caught...No one caught them, so they aren't branded a thief, so by your logic, they are not a thief. It's a vain attempt at rationalisation.

I know assholes in real life and they are still likeable because they aren't afraid to be an asshole to your face. They don't try to hide it and they are generally not malicious.

The worst, most malicious assholes are the ones you will encounter online, because that horrible little coward inside them gets to lash out in full swing.

I agree; try not to argue with sociopaths, it will only hurt your brain. Edited by Casper86ed
  • Like 1

At the end of the day, it probably takes a bandit longer to randomly stumble across me and kill me for my gear than it takes for me to get the gear in the first place...Then they die anyway because they have no clue how to survive, or they are forced to confront someone who they can't shoot in the back, while they are in their inventory, and they get slaughtered.

Usually, I have way too much loot to carry. I have more than enough, so does everyone I travel with. I usually have a decent amount of food, drink, morphine, painkillers and a few blood bags too. I am happy to share, even with complete strangers.

Our clan encountered 2 guys within the space of 20 minutes at the NW Airfield a few weeks ago. First one I gave morphine to to fix his broken leg, then gave him a blood transfusion and he was on his way. Second guy shit himself because he basically ran into all 4 of us prone. He didn't need/want help, so he went on his way too. Both died soon after they left the airfield. I assume from bandits at Stary Sobor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfY4BrOczLA

If you can't find (more than) enough loot to survive in this game without having to resort to murder, you are really, really shit at it and should probably go play something else.

• Like 4

what is the game other, than a mirror of our life?

in a multiplayer game, you interact with other people, individual humans like you. if you murder them, you end their game and force them to start anew. how is being an ass in the game different from being an ass in real life? how is causing discomfort and frustration to others in a game different form real life?

if you are the type of person who draws satisfaction from harassing others in real life, you will enjoy doing it ingame as well. if you are the type of person who draws satisfaction from cooperation, you will enjoy doing it ingame as well.

as stated on several occasions already, the medic thread in the Survivor HQ is a prime example of how cooperation in DayZ works well and provides meaning and joy to many players. similarly, you will find examples of how people enjoy playing the game as asshats.

you need to decide for yourself, who you are.

the problem is as in real life if everyone u meet in real life tries to kill you, you would eventually try to defend ur self even tho it meant u need kill someone. some ppl dont shoot because they are assholes they shoot to secure thier own safety.

/// SurKeN a friendly player

In real life I go out of my way to help people but in dayz I kill everyone except my friends on sight.

And it has nothing to do with being an asshat. Killing everyone is the most efficient way of playing. They can't kill you and you get their shit. Now I look for loot only if I need car parts. Everything else I get from the people I killed. Plus killing players is the only challenging thing in this game. It has nothing to do with harassment.

Killing is the least efficient way of playing the only think you know for sure they have is the weapons you see them carry and the cloths they wear. Groups of 4-5 players, vs 1 Bandit, the Survivor group will always win, even if you kill them all, they still have each other to help themselves get back to decent gear, but you might be left with 3-4 bodies none of with have anything of use for you.

You contridict your own argument by first claiming "Killing everyone is the most efficient way of playing", but then by saying, "killing players is the only challenging thing in this game".

If you want a real challenge then play a bandit hunter, that would require you to observe, track and kill bandits without commiting murder. Having all the best gear in the game still won't protect you from someone headshotting you with a Revolver when you log on because you was really unlucky.

as for efficient: i got my tents, weapons and NVGs as gifts from people helped along my way, and built trust and friendship, thus gaining support i can count on when in need of help. so from my point of view, not killing is more profitable.

as for the challenge: to me, shooting everyone is basically deathmatch. getting supplies from elektro/cherno to the north is basically capture the flag.

getting into one war zone, snatching the valuables, getting it safely into the other warzone on the opposite side of the map, without shooting or getting shot - thats mroe challenging imho than just roaming and shooting everything on sight.

• Like 1

Is there any system that actually rewards people for not being notorious murderers?

teamwork

try to fix, fly and secure a helicopter on your own.

Edited by Azrail

At the end of the day, it probably takes a bandit longer to randomly stumble across me and kill me for my gear than it takes for me to get the gear in the first place...Then they die anyway because they have no clue how to survive, or they are forced to confront someone who they can't shoot in the back, while they are in their inventory, and they get slaughtered.

Usually, I have way too much loot to carry. I have more than enough, so does everyone I travel with. I usually have a decent amount of food, drink, morphine, painkillers and a few blood bags too. I am happy to share, even with complete strangers.

Our clan encountered 2 guys within the space of 20 minutes at the NW Airfield a few weeks ago. First one I gave morphine to to fix his broken leg, then gave him a blood transfusion and he was on his way. Second guy shit himself because he basically ran into all 4 of us prone. He didn't need/want help, so he went on his way too. Both died soon after they left the airfield. I assume from bandits at Stary Sobor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfY4BrOczLA

If you can't find (more than) enough loot to survive in this game without having to resort to murder, you are really, really shit at it and should probably go play something else.

Sure, you can survive without firing a shot at another player; I've easily lived long lives solo by avoiding player contact altogether. On the other hand, I don't see the point in blaming bandits as "poor players", since as it's emphasized so much, banditry is an alternate playstyle to the survivor playstyle.

There's really no point crying about it, because worrying about being shot from a distance or backstabbed by a supposed "buddy" only adds to the experience and truly sets Day Z aside from the run-of-the-mill co-op or shooter game.

as for efficient: i got my tents, weapons and NVGs as gifts from people helped along my way, and built trust and friendship, thus gaining support i can count on when in need of help. so from my point of view, not killing is more profitable.

as for the challenge: to me, shooting everyone is basically deathmatch. getting supplies from elektro/cherno to the north is basically capture the flag.

getting into one war zone, snatching the valuables, getting it safely into the other warzone on the opposite side of the map, without shooting or getting shot - thats mroe challenging imho than just roaming and shooting everything on sight.

According to game theory and the prisoner's dilemma, cooperation requires more risk but pays off in the end; Day Z for the most part fits this model, but deciding to forgo trust for taking action in self-interest (i.e. shooting a stranger who hasn't seen you yet) is also a valid choice. The worst possible outcome is if you decide to trust the other player and they decide not to trust you, so in this case shooting on sight becomes a less risky style of gameplay (of course it's impossible to tell at a first glance if the stranger has overwatch or etc., so that's also another factor).

And of course, that model doesn't apply to griefers who like to kill people then log onto the forums to watch them cry and create topics that ask for the return of the bandit skin.

In the end, you can't really denounce any form of gameplay in Day Z, since the ability to embrace all of them is what makes Day Z unique. Survivors often complain about bandits killing them and making the game more "deathmatch"-like, and bandits complain that survivors are always trying to get the game changed to "punish their playstyle". There's no point to this, since if either group had their way, I guarantee you that this game wouldn't be as fun as it has been.

There's really no point crying about it

I am not crying about it. As I said, if I get killed, I can be back up to speed in less than 1 hour, regardless of where I spawn.

All I am saying is that killing people for their loot is 'easy mode'. Find a shitty Enfield, shoot someone in the middle of nowhere, with better gear, in the back and take their stuff.

In just about every thread that points this out, you always get people resorting to "QQ" etc. I can't wait until they introduce the counter measures to the bandits and they all start whining that it is too difficult to be a murdering scumbag now. I think everyone should just troll those threads with "QQ" or "Stop crying about it" etc.

@e47

Of course, you could have just shot those people in the face while they were giving you the tents and taken everything. And if you changed your name and skin they'd never know it was you. The only way your story is more efficient is if you had no bullets in your gun and couldn't have killed anyone anyway.

@DoshDosh

Imagine a prisoner's dilemma where whoever rats first gets out of prison and gets the other prisoner's house and car. That's why banditry is always more profitable than non-banditry in this game. It skews the typical prisoner's dilemma even further by rewarding betrayal.

See, here's the thing. Banditry in this game is ridiculous because:

1. Bandits don't have to keep the same skin and name per life. They're unstoppable chameleons.
  2. Whoever shoots first will almost always kill the other person. Rifles are just that powerful in this game.

A lot of people don't understand the basic mechanics of banditry, so they consider it just another play style. This is why banditry has so much casual support from people who think they're hardcore. In reality, banditry is not just the easier option, it's the safer option and there is no game mechanic in place where vengeance/retribution is an option unless the bandit wants you to respond. The game is completely oriented around the convenience of the bandits thanks to the game mechanics which make it easier to conceal your intentions and your identity than to read another player's intentions.

What you've actually seen by now is a game system that rewards one play style heavily over another. This is why bandits are so desperate to keep it the way it is, because they have an advantage. So when they say "don't punish my playstyle over others" they really mean "don't stop rewarding my playstyle over others." If bandits have identification, the risk for being a bandit would be equal to the reward. And this is something they're desperate to prevent.

@e47

Of course, you could have just shot those people in the face while they were giving you the tents and taken everything. And if you changed your name and skin they'd never know it was you. The only way your story is more efficient is if you had no bullets in your gun and couldn't have killed anyone anyway.

@DoshDosh

Imagine a prisoner's dilemma where whoever rats first gets out of prison and gets the other prisoner's house and car. That's why banditry is always more profitable than non-banditry in this game. It skews the typical prisoner's dilemma even further by rewarding betrayal.

See, here's the thing. Banditry in this game is ridiculous because:

1. Bandits don't have to keep the same skin and name per life. They're unstoppable chameleons.
  2. Whoever shoots first will almost always kill the other person. Rifles are just that powerful in this game.

A lot of people don't understand the basic mechanics of banditry, so they consider it just another play style. This is why banditry has so much casual support from people who think they're hardcore. In reality, banditry is not just the easier option, it's the safer option and there is no game mechanic in place where vengeance/retribution is an option unless the bandit wants you to respond. The game is completely oriented around the convenience of the bandits thanks to the game mechanics which make it easier to conceal your intentions and your identity than to read another player's intentions.

What you've actually seen by now is a game system that rewards one play style heavily over another. This is why bandits are so desperate to keep it the way it is, because they have an advantage. So when they say "don't punish my playstyle over others" they really mean "don't stop rewarding my playstyle over others." If bandits have identification, the risk for being a bandit would be equal to the reward. And this is something they're desperate to prevent.

That's a good explanation, but it focuses on players who murder others for equipment; we don't know if a player who has killed just one or two others for their gear upon starting will be doing that the entire time since they don't register as a "bandit" with the game until they've passed a certain threshold. In one example, I encountered and killed a well-equipped player in one of my previous lives, but from then on lived off the forests and animals and ignored other players. There's also a factor of griefers who kill regardless of item rewards, and the fact that many survivors who avoid banditry value their experience over how the game plays out over items- mainly because they either play with a large group and can re-access top-tier equipment if they die, or simply because they find more thrill in using the basic weapons and improvising as they go/spawn. In that sense, I honestly do believe cooperation has better yields if you have the patience for it (since a death doesn't mean you lose everything when a buddy can guard your corpse or etc.), so I would say that aside from being able to find some potentially high-risk equipment easier than through a survivor playstyle, banditry doesn't necessarily equate to easier gameplay.

And just as a side note, although I agree the classic prisoner's dilemma doesn't portray Day Z, that there are several variations (are the prisoners allowed to contact one another before making their choice a la "Golden Balls"? Do the prisoners have any history a la "tit for tat", and will they be brought back into it in the future? etc.) that the game can technically fit under.

I don't think changing the system would do anything at all to affect griefers (nothing will, because they're in every game and will find ways to circumvent boundaries), and I think that players who play in groups wouldn't be affected since they often have established camps where they can replenish their lost gear, and since most bandits (unless organized well in a group) wouldn't be able to account for overwatch/etc. in a firefight.

If anything, I personally believe your point 1 should definitely be addressed; if, for example, the standalone game ended up having a persistent server system akin to MMORPGs where a player can't just go server hopping if he wants to remain faceless/reputationless, the game would become more exciting for both bandits and survivors (possibilities including warnings for certain players, though it would probably have to be worked out on exactly how player identification works- I think it wouldn't be fun to hover your cursor over someone and instantly know their name). On the other hand, I think rifles are fine and actually haven't enjoyed the recent fixes to the damage tables.

how is being an ass in the game different from being an ass in real life?

Beause it's just a game. In real life, you actually hurt people, for real - but also, in real life, there is a much bigger chance you'll get fucked right back if you do something stupid, and thus most people don't dare act like dicks.

how is causing discomfort and frustration to others in a game different form real life?

In the game, you feel no actual pain, albeit you may feel the anguish. Also, in the game, there is no real consequence - however, in real life, there are severe consequences for being a dick.

if you are the type of person...

You can sure try, but game mechanics will in the end dictate what you're most likely to do in the game - and in this game, you are clearly rewarded for being a bandit. However, if you give it some effort, you can play it other ways.

There was that one time I was actually able to kill someone. I had FAL and lot's of ammo, but I needed food and other supplies, so I decided to go and loot Elektro. I went to one of those firestations, and saw someone coming through the door. He pointed his gun at me and went back inside. I decided to take a look and, as you all propably guess, it turned into a firefight. Because he only had revolver and I had FAL, shootout was over quickly. I kill other players only if there's real need, and I don't feel particularly bad when that happens. But still I felt strange relief when I noticed that my murder count was still at zero and bandit kills had gone one up.

It depends on how immersed you let yourself get. I have yet to kill anyone and I plan to keep it that way. Even in a real life survival situation I wouldn't harm anyone, and wouldn't even take a gun if I knew I could outrun zeds. I have had my share of player encounters, but I try to be as carefully friendly as possible. I did have to axe a guy once, but instead of finishing him off, I bandaged him and left morphine outside the building for him. I suppose it's an ego thing, knowing you're one of the few people not being hostile to other players.

you sir are a saint and i hope never to have to fight you and or see you bleeding to death if only people were more like you then dayz could become the best survival game of all