Given how there are elements of realism included in this mod such as having to eat and drink, keep warm and infections I think there should also be a Take a Dump icon.

Sounds crazy I know, but imagine a Cherno sniper having to leave his position so he can go squat and take a shit. Gives people chance to sneak up on him. The place he takes a dump could be marked by the presence of flies for a while which could alert players that happen to walk by.

Toilet roll could become a new valuable commodity - no toilet roll = flies following the player until he wipes his ass. Continued non-wiping could lead to you catching diahorrea or getting ill and needing to get antibiotics.

Eating too many beans could cause you to fart and give away your position to players/zombies (and would certainly create some comedy moments). You might get constipated if you eat too much red meat which means you spend longer actually trying to poo and therefore putting you more at risk. You could get diahorrea as a symptom and have to go to the loo more often until its treated, again increasing the risk of someone stumbling upon you whilst you are doing your business.

This would drive people to need a more balanced diet instead of living off cooked meat all the time. It would mean people would need to venture into the towns/cities at some point to actually find something other than meat to eat and similarly would make people have to get out into the woods and hunt instead of living off beans all the time. It also reinforcing the advantage in having a dog which can help you track down animals for food.

Dogs could also be more responsive to the presence of poo than a player due to their heightened sense of smell which gives their owner a sense that someone may be nearby. Dogs could potentially also use the scent from a recent shit to track a player for up to an hour or so after you have done one, which could be used to either hunt other players/bandits and again makes the dog more useful.

That bandit that was camping in the trees could potentially be tracked down by searching the nearby area with dogs and getting his scent. That could make the hunter become the hunted, particularly if groups of well armed players with dogs are on their tail.

Thoughts?

Edited by TheCorinthian
  • Like 2

I presumed he took a dump and slept while I was offline :)

It's DayZ, not The Sims.

Sure but the additional gameplay elements could be fun.

We already have to do some "Sims"-like behaviour at present in the game, this would just be expanding on it to provide more varied gameplay and add a little bit of humour occasionally.

I think this idea was meant to be a bit humoristic. I for one sure as hell laughed while reading it.

How about introducing umbrellas for when it rains ?

And yo uget a message

Deploying in 3..2..1.. stand by while weather protection device activates :D

Camo pattern of course thank you.

Edited by Choice777

Sure but the additional gameplay elements could be fun.

We already have to do some "Sims"-like behaviour at present in the game, this would just be expanding on it to provide more varied gameplay and add a little bit of humour occasionally.

I don't know what to think, I don't see it as a priority or a necessity.

You could tap the left and right cursor buttons to dump, like you used to do in sports games. The faster you press them the more you bear down on it. A whole new sub-game!