Sign in to follow this  
robdebob

Spawned in ocean, stuck

Date/Time: 5/26, 12 AM PST

What happened:

I will detail this as best I can. My friend and I were spawning into a server (GA1 specifically) near the south barracks of the NW airfield. As you know, the game displays a frame of the area you are spawning into. During this time, my screen flashed violently, and I could briefly see beneath the ground, what I would describe as a "clipping" effect. I spawned successfully; however, I could not move and my friend could not see my character, though he could see me. Furthermore, my pistol was rendered incorrectly, its top half missing.

Unable to do anything, I disconnected and reconnected to another server. I found myself in the middle of a random forest (not the debug forest). This time I think my character was rendered correctly. I checked my inventory to find that everything but my backpack (with its contents still there) and my tools had vanished.

Hoping that the problem would correct itself, I joined yet another server. This time I spawned in a "debug ocean," my character surrounded by ~20 other survivors/bandits swimming in limbo.

In the final server (and all subsequent servers), my character is stuck in the middle of the ocean so far from the Chernarus coastline that I can't even see it.

I spent many hours of careful scavenging on my current life, would it be possible to reset my character inventory/position? At this point I can only wait for another position reset to the coastline. Your help would be immensely appreciated.

Where you were: NW airfield, lower barracks

What you were doing: Spawning in with a friend

*Current installed version: 1.5.8.4, Arma 2 AO v1.60

*Server(s) you were on: GA1 (the server the glitch originated)

*Your system specs: Windows 7 64-bit, i7-930 @ 4 GHz, HD 5870, 510 elm crest SSD, 12 GB RAM

*Timeline of events before/after error: (keep in mind I do not know the exact times, these are rough estimates)

~12 AM: spawn into GA1, "clipping" encountered

~12:05 AM: spawn into another server, stuck in forest, everything but backpack+tools gone from inventory

~12:10 AM: spawn into another server, stuck in "debug" ocean

~12:15 AM: spawn into another server, stuck in ocean far from coastline