tom_gr7

Lag / delay when shooting player

hey all,

sorry if this has been posted before, I did use the search function but couldn't find anything.

So last night, a guy walked into a building with me and my mate, we didnt know him, so we opened fire.

He wasn't facing me but facing my mate. I fired my M16 first in his back, I gave the guy the best part of a full mag! my mate fired a good few Enfield rounds into him. Then guy slowly turns around, shoots me with a pistol, breaks my leg and knocks me unconscious, then he disappeared. Am assuming he Alt f4'd out, but then it said someone died. Luckily I had med supplies so I was fine.

So am wondering why he could take a full mag? Is there normally a stupidly long delay? Or what?

Also when he re joins a server will he be dead? or alive as he alt f4'd out?

thanks guys.

I had the same situation in which i used about 4 clips into attacker chest, and he didn't die... mb hackers. mb lags, who knows

Could be a god-mode hacker. There more common than you think, i just ran into one a few hours ago. Dumped an entire AKM mag into him, turned around and killed me.

I was in the barracks one time, and I hear some guy walk up besides it. We have a short conversation over direct coms, which ended in me telling him to come get me if he wants. He logged out. I ran to the end room, and found that his buddy had just ghosted into the room. I had an M14. That's a two-shot kill weapon, and this was BEFORE nerfs.

Well, I put 4-8 rounds in his chest, and had moved PAST him, crouched, walked a few metres to try and avoid his spastic M4 single fire, and he died.

Took about three-five seconds for the game to register that I put enough lead in him to kill him three times over.

thanks for the replies guys, It seems quite common.

Will see if I or my mate have a extra murder next time we log in, someone definitely died though, but because he alt f4'd out, I dunno if he will be dead when he rejoins.

It's kinda a bit annoying it takes a good few seconds to register, especially for a PVP online game. Is it the servers? Or the game engine?

Well depends. Game bullets are clientside as i noticed, this means and what happend to my friend is, if the server is in lag - yellow chain and somebody shots your frozen body, while the server is not getting the information, but your game does, you will die as the server lag will end. Another thing with is would be the delay when killing someone, like... you->server->playerdied->server->you, which makes up for the delay when someone gets shot, then it takes him few seconds to die in some cases it looks like... you shoot m4 mag into a guy, then he walks away for 3 seconds, you are like WTF!, then he drops down dead.

If it was a god mode hacker i highly doubt he would have combat logged. I think your problem stems for what server you are playing on, and your current internet connection speed. Try and always play on a server with low ping to avoid these kind of "lags". Also it may be that his ping was really high. A significant difference in pings will cause things like this.

thanks for the replies guys,

I think my ping on that server was about 50-60, not amazing but not that awful.

My character is still alive, but hopefully he isnt hahah

Same deal here, Running target ~30m away, was standing with an M249, full stamina. Had to shoot 80 rounds in 5-10 rounds burst before getting the kill and during the process he was able to jump a fence then run for 2-3 sec...

So today, I killed another guy on a server I normally play on, he was in a ghillie suit just stood there, so i popped him a few times in his head with my m14, proceeded to kill the z's that came in response to the gun shots,

The guy didn't die, he just stood there, no name popped up saying so n so has died,( wont mention his name or the server, but I've killed this guy twice now) guessing he alt-f4'd out. -.-

But his body stayed there, with the flies buzzing. :), so I helped myself to his AK-74, mags - (had ran out of m14 ammo), food, water, antibiotics, M9 and mags,

So if there's a guy that returns after alt-f4in with no gear, well am sorry, hahah what am I saying......no I aint!

bit annoying I didn't get the kill though, I also checked who else was playing about ten mins after ( by pressing P, does it work properly? ) and what do ya know, he's playing again.....