Sign in to follow this  
Bambo (DayZ)

The Wire

Barbed wire has to go. I have never seen it used for strategic purposes...I've only seen it used by assholes to block popular spawn points. I also believe that it may be the cause of graphical tearing. This has prolly already been suggested before...but whatever...

This is leftover from base building protype to see what people are gonna do with them. Still you can get the "Toolbox DLC" to unlock rest of the map. ;)

Barbed wire has to go. I have never seen it used for strategic purposes...I've only seen it used by assholes to block popular spawn points. I also believe that it may be the cause of graphical tearing. This has prolly already been suggested before...but whatever...

How is it not strategic to do that, what else you expect them to do "strategically" ?

Graphical tearing is due to low fps in vsync off, get your vocabulary right.

It's no where as bad as it used to be, but I can still see it being a problem with players using it to block off high value loot spawns.

Personally I'd like it so you couldn't place it near structures.

I'm gonna play devil's advocate but what do you envision players to do with barb wire, beside blocking areas they want to keep for themselve? ANy structure building mechanic will lead to loot blocking. That's the most profitable way to use it.

• Like 1

I'm gonna play devil's advocate but what do you envision players to do with barb wire, beside blocking areas they want to keep for themselve? ANy structure building mechanic will lead to loot blocking. That's the most profitable way to use it.

They are free to do that as they please...so long as they are ONLINE. The problem arises when assholes block the spawn points and then disconnect. The barbed wire remains there for incredibly long periods of time. Also, there are some ppl who just use wire to block spawns just to be assholes. They have no intention of acquiring the loot at all. They just block it because they know it pisses other folk off.