Sign in to follow this  
Bearhunter

My first Player-kill - in self defense

Yesterday I spawned around Otmel, went to Kamyshovo to equip. Found a Revolver and an Enfield. As I roamed around town, I spotted another Player, unarmed, that was follwed by a zombie. He went to the harbour, hid there. I shot the Zombie, found the other player sitting in the great hall.

He begged for a weapon so I gave him my Revolver. Next thing I remember is being shot with my own weapon. I panic, shooting the guy with my Enfield before getting unconscious. When I get back, the guy still sits right in front of me, trying to shoot me again. 2 more rounds of my Enfield end that treacherous dregs life.

I patch myself together and leave for the Woods.

Lessons learned: Never trust anyone. Never give someone a Weapon. If I meet someone else, he will be in my crosshair as long as he is in range. Being a Survivor means to suffer from paranoia... :)

I once gave my ak to a wounded man near Berezino. He noticed me first and tried to talk to me via VOIP instead of shooting me, so I guess he was trustworthy.

I learnt to not trust anyone I don't know IRL early on........ I've got about a dozen player kills, all but one was in self-defence (ohhh, and one was revenge for someone trying to get zombies aggro'ed at me). Though tonight I begin hunting bandits. You know, the kind of bandit that hangs around to kill people along the coast. Looking forward to the stalk.

Never, ever, ever give someone a weapon. Food, water, bandages, gear...but never a weapon. Also, don't keep a weapon in your bag if you're hanging around someone you don't know--they'll absolutely take it out and shoot you.

• Like 1

I once gave my ak to a wounded man near Berezino. He noticed me first and tried to talk to me via VOIP instead of shooting me, so I guess he was trustworthy.

That guy also talked to me via VOIP - before shooting me..

I'm not going to try and rationalize it--people are dicks, and giving them a weapon when they have nothing turns the situation around (namely, you have things and they don't and now they can take your things forcibly).

My own rule is that I gear up alone--I'll talk over comms asking if you need help (that is, medical supplies, food/water)...if they don't respond, move close to me with a weapon out, or do anything that makes me feel uncomfortable I kill them and move on with my life.

• Like 1

Udak, your way of thinking is what has gotten me to day 11. A group of 3 of us (we all know/work with each other) came acoss an unarmed guy once. We gave him an empty revolver and warned him to put it in his bag until he found some ammo, otherwise it would end up getting him shot on site. We went our own way, he went his, and 5 minutes later my mate shot someone who was following us up from 50m behind because he'd tunred around saw them go to ground with something in their hands. Turns out it was a crowbar (and not the same person we met before), but that sort of plan has saved us from a few deaths before and since then.