Sign in to follow this  
Moonchild

Just purchased a server, No Vehicles. Defcon Servers

Hi, I purchased a server about 26 hours ago. During this 26 hours of up time my clan as well as anyone else on the server has checked every vehicle spawn and there has been nothing, is there a delayed spawn or a cooldown timer that starts or should they be there already?

I also read that thread, but I couldn't really find any other server hosts that looked that much better to be honest, if it does turn out to be some big mess I will cancel and switch. Although so far everything has been smooth, the server was up 2 hours or so after I ordered, which is much faster than the 6-12 i was told it would take. The server itself runs great.

Defcon is terrible. They offer no support to the mod or any real customer service to speak of. When trying to get a Day Z server up and running with them, I was told "If you have problems, you need to talk to the mod developers. We only provide the files." After much nastiness, they did eventually refund my money. Vilayer is a much better host, and actually makes an effort.

I use Host Altitude and they are very friendly. They actually go out of their way to give you a refund if you are not satisfied.

Also I found this on another thread that may or may not explain why vehicles are not on your server.

snapback.pngsolo_888, on 27 July 2012 - 02:52 AM, said:

Instance ids above 6000 do not currently have any vehicles, the DayZ team plan to add vehicles to these newer servers over the next couple of days. This is controlled by the hive and not the game server.

This is the answer from support team of my hoster

Edited by shadow293

Thanks for the help, just purchased another server with Vilayer, have only found good things about them. Will request a refund with defcon although im alright with just cancellations. Ill fight for a refund

Thanks for the help, just purchased another server with Vilayer, have only found good things about them. Will request a refund with defcon although im alright with just cancellations. Ill fight for a refund

Enjoy being thretened with having your name and addre leaked onto the internet like everyone else who asked for one.

There was a thread around here about a bug with new servers over a certain range taking up to 3 days to spawn vehicles. Do a search and it should come up.

my clan has a server with defcon and haven't had any problems at all with it. I read the threads about them before buying and from what I read it was a tech who went nuts and was later fired over it. Thats good enough for me and besides like the OP said EVERY host has problems so you roll the dice. At least with defcon we didn't wait 2 days for the server. my server was up in 1 1/2 hours and runs perfect. I've put in tickets with support too and they were very nice and helpful so for me it was a good decision.

It took my server 3 days to get vehicles, we had them for like 3-4 restarts and now they're mysteriously gone again. My instance id is well above 6k.. even above 8k, i was told it can take up to 7 days for vehicles to spawn on a server from a ticket i made at the support site, when i made another ticket about them mysteriously dissappearing he told me to make a ticket on dev-heaven: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/40381