Sign in to follow this  
robdebob

Spawned in ocean, stuck

My friend and I were spawning into a server when I noticed a "clipping" effect. When I spawned, parts of my gun were not visible and my friend couldn't see me, although I could see him. I also could not move. I disconnected and tried reconnecting to another server. This time I could move but my main inventory items (everything but my backpack and tools) had vanished. I disconnected again, and connected to a different server. This time I spawned in the middle of a forest (not the glitch forest), again without my main inventory items. After another reconnect, my character spawned in the middle of the ocean such that I couldn't even see the Chernarus coastline.

Is there any way to recover my character's items and restore his position? I'd prefer not to lose hours of careful scavenging to a bug. I guess the best I can hope for is another position reset...

I'm sorry to hear your misfortune with loosing your progress. I personally don't know the standing operating procedure regarding character save resets but I'm guessing you're going to have to relog a new character. :(

In the meantime, I encourage you to submit a bug report here:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6

detailing all you know of the incident so the devs can properly treat this bug. You may also see if a dev can load a previous save state but since this is alpha, I don't think that's too high a priority.

Closing thread but please submit a bug report so we can get this fixed. :)