Hi guys, I opened Steam and saw this notice: DayZ being developed as a standalone game, and now I ask: now that we have downloaded the mod, we will need to pay to still playing?

Well thats good. Cause then it won't hurt me when its like 5 bucks hahaha.

the mod will remain free, and will recieve further updates. if you want to buy the standalone game, you will of course need to buy it.

read: http://dayzmod.com/f...lone-confirmed/

ah, so if we have the games necessaries bought we can still using only the mod because we paid before the games?

ah, so if we have the games necessaries bought we can still using only the mod because we paid before the games?

Ultimately, no one knows what pricing the standalone game "Day Z" will have. Interviews and articles suggest there will be a "Minecraft Style" pricing system.

If memory serves, Minecraft started out cheap to buy, because it was not complete, but as it was worked on and completed, the price rose along with it. You will have to pay something at some point to enjoy the standalone version of Day Z.

Regardless of pricing, we are being told that the Arma 2: OA mod "Day Z" will continue to be available and updated alongside the standalone game. If you choose not to pay for the standalone game, you will only be able to access the mod.

DayZ game should be free for the people that using ArmA II, so I hope that Bohemia give us for free in Steam. :(

Edited by TheSovietico96