Clharris

Survivor Base (In Development)

I have recently been interested in making a base for survivors and starting a camp. I have done a recent test and experiment into finding and locating survivors and I found a very effective way would be to fly down the coast and scan the coast and local towns for survivors.

If you would like to learn more about this you can join my TeamSpeak to maybe talk about the future of the base. A name will need to me established. I will only give out details of the server I am working in to those who PM me or easily add me on steam "Lee95". The reason for this is to hold back details from hackers/bandits gaining information about the location and server name.

I will need each person to post info about them, I will post the format that you will need to fill in, in order to be accepted. I know this might seem like a long process but trust me, it is worth it as its important to keep the base safe. This is not a form to sign up into a clan/community, its only to insure the base is safe and that we can start a new life for all of us!

Copy and paste and fill in:

Age -

How long have you been playing? -

What is your reaction when you see other survivors, not knowing if they are friendly or bandits? -

What is your first instinct when you see another survivor?

Situation 1: You and a fellow survivor you have just met are searching a barn, you find the only can of food in the building and your fellow survivor is down the red on on his meter. You are at

orange and the next local town is a few km's away. What do you do? -

Situation 2: You are down to two clips of your 1911, your fellow survivor has a revolver and is currently out of ammo. Knowing you can convert the ammo of your 1911 to a revolver .45 clip,

do you give that survivor your last mag or do you keep it for yourself? -

I know these might sound like stupid question but I need something to be able to have some kind of evaluation test.

• Like 1

Age - 18

How long have you been playing? - Months.

What is your reaction when you see other survivors, not knowing if they are friendly or bandits? - Caps Lock "Friendly."

What is your first instinct when you see another survivor? - See above.

Sit 1: Give him the food. I could care less about dying.

Sit 2: Give him a mag knowing I can just use the bug to replenish the ammo. Barring the ability to keep renewing the magazine of ammo, I would still give it to him since I don't need weapons to get loot.

how does filling this info in ensure 'the safety of the base' whats stopping me making it all up, getting my loot and killing people and leaving?

how does filling this info in ensure 'the safety of the base' whats stopping me making it all up, getting my loot and killing people and leaving?

Oh you! The honor system obviously!

Well if you are actually going to take the time to fill it out, there is something there obviously! I just want to be about to confirm that you could possibly be a fellow friendly survivor! Just cause you fill this out doesn't mean I'm going to completely trust you!

Rick, i swear I remember your name from some where. Fort friendly sound familiar?

Okay, I will go ahead and approve your evaluation test but please don't exploit lol

Rickhunter- APPROVED

EDIT: Information in regarding the location and server for the base will be sent to you at a later time and date.

Edited by Clharris

I haven't a clue as to how I could exploit it seeing as how I don't even have any info yet :P.

Thanks for the approval though, however, I'm off for the night. I'll be on tomorrow though for sure. PM the teamspeak info and I'll pop on.

Edited by rickhunter

Age - 20

How long have you been playing? - 1 month

What is your reaction when you see other survivors, not knowing if they are friendly or bandits? - I hope they dont shoot. 90% of the time I dont shoot first so I die a lot. But I can change my tactics.

What is your first instinct when you see another survivor? type in "friendly, dont shoot(if they have a gun)"

Situation 1: You and a fellow survivor you have just met are searching a barn, you find the only can of food in the building and your fellow survivor is down the red on on his meter. You are at

orange and the next local town is a few km's away. What do you do? - Give him the beans! Im sure there wil be food in the next town.

Situation 2: You are down to two clips of your 1911, your fellow survivor has a revolver and is currently out of ammo. Knowing you can convert the ammo of your 1911 to a revolver .45 clip,

do you give that survivor your last mag or do you keep it for yourself? Give him some the ammo. I try not to rely on my gun when dealing with zombies unless I am trapped.

Ive been playing alone all this time and I have a lot of fun whenever I encounter somebody but I have died alot because of my friendliness. Since there really arnt any goals I set a goal myself to build a camp with people so Im luck that you have started one.

Edited by FutboleroR10

Age - aprox 30's

How long have you been playing? -almost a full month

What is your reaction when you see other survivors, not knowing if they are friendly or bandits? watch'em, if they dont see me. Share a fire, hot been meat stew, and maybe tell a joke.

What is your first instinct when you see another survivor? "where da white women at?"

orange and the next local town is a few km's away. What do you do? - he gets beans.simple, i can make sure to get my own food.

do you give that survivor your last mag or do you keep it for yourself? -bullets is lucky, everyone should have some. share.

Age - 18

How long have you been playing? - 4 days

What is your reaction when you see other survivors, not knowing if they are friendly or bandits? - I usually just watch them, PRAYING that they don't come near me. xD

What is your first instinct when you see another survivor? Same as above. Unless they have a train of zombies, then I at least *try* to shoot a few, but I have horrible aim, and sometimes the survivors aren't so friendly once they've been helped out.

orange and the next local town is a few km's away. What do you do? - *shrug* Depends on how long we've been traveling together, since I don't know if this guy is a good guy or if he isn't so great.

do you give that survivor your last mag or do you keep it for yourself? It depends on who has better aim, and who can defend us better.

I haven't had too much experience with other people in the game, other than getting sniped, or when one of the AWESOME medics come out to help me out. Would love to have a group to play with. :D

How long have you been playing?

A few weeks

What is your reaction when you see other survivors, not knowing if they are friendly or bandits?

Hide and observe. Running out and yelling FRIENDLY will just get me shot since I'm in a ghillie suit. On the other hand, I don't like shooting people for no reason, so I usually stay hidden til they are gone. If I have just spawned, of course, I just walk up to anybody and say hi. It really depends on how geared I am; if I have a sniper rifle or LMG then most survivors will be scared of me.

Hide. In my experience, most players are out to kill me.

Situation 1: You and a fellow survivor you have just met are searching a barn, you find the only can of food in the building and your fellow survivor is down the red on on his meter. You are at orange and the next local town is a few km's away. What do you do?

Give it to whoever starts blinking first, which will most likely be him.

Situation 2: You are down to two clips of your 1911, your fellow survivor has a revolver and is currently out of ammo. Knowing you can convert the ammo of your 1911 to a revolver .45 clip, do you give that survivor your last mag or do you keep it for yourself?

Tell him to switch to his hatchet. He shouldn't be firing a gun unless we're hunting animals. If he doesn't have one, I'd switch to the hatchet myself and give him the ammo. Hatchet = instant kill on zombies and completely silent. Running around with pistols and drawing attention to ourselves would be really dumb. Note that if we are in Cherno, Electro, or Stary Sobor, I would give him one clip in case we are attacked.

Edited by ZombieBait

Im not actually interested in joining a union, but I figured I would post the answer to the latter few questions.

What is your reaction when you see other survivors, not knowing if they are friendly or bandits? - I assume they are going to shoot me and duck for cover. If they try to shoot me, I run or shoot back. If they dont see me or dont shoot, but dont talk, I just leave.

What is your first instinct when you see another survivor? I hide behind a wall, and ask them to stop moving so we can talk. If he keep moving, I either run or shoot. If they stop and talk, I stay behind the wall, figure out their intentions, and act accordingly.

Situation 1: You and a fellow survivor you have just met are searching a barn, you find the only can of food in the building and your fellow survivor is down the red on on his meter. You are at orange and the next local town is a few km's away. What do you do? - I ask him how much blood he is at. If I am lower, I would keep the food. If he is low, I would give it to him. If neither of us are low, I would probably give it to him.

Situation 2: You are down to two clips of your 1911, your fellow survivor has a revolver and is currently out of ammo. Knowing you can convert the ammo of your 1911 to a revolver .45 clip, do you give that survivor your last mag or do you keep it for yourself? - I would keep them. Im still not certain whether the other person can be trusted, and if there are zombies you can always just run. A pistol also wont do much against another armed survivor.

FutboleroR10 APPROVED

Rabidsmurf APPROVED

yeahhhhhhhh9 APPROVED

ZombieBait APPROVED

You will all receive Information in regarding the location, server and TeamSpeak for the base at a later time and date.

• Like 1

not realy interested in joining but playing the games as running simulator with zed hurdels and player hunting..

I just felt i had to troll this tread ;-)

How long have you been playing? - to long

What is your reaction when you see other survivors, not knowing if they are friendly or bandits? - Get down, Range, zero(pref 700+ meters) shoot, get playername, eat there food, Hide body

What is your first instinct when you see another survivor? Shoot first, dont bother with asking questions later. On some server cherno and electro is MUCH safer then going north..

Open up full auto at close range.

Situation 2: You are down to two clips of your 1911, your fellow survivor has a revolver and is currently out of ammo. Knowing you can convert the ammo of your 1911 to a revolver .45 clip

do you give that survivor your last mag or do you keep it for yourself:

If he is not on the ts Im on he is dead..

I dont shoot unarmed players or players south of zelegorsk but anything north of that is free game..

ioCan i get the location to

Thinker

Im not actually interested in joining a union, but I figured I would post the answer to the latter few questions.

What is your reaction when you see other survivors, not knowing if they are friendly or bandits? - I assume they are going to shoot me and duck for cover. If they try to shoot me, I run or shoot back. If they dont see me or dont shoot, but dont talk, I just leave.

What is your first instinct when you see another survivor? I hide behind a wall, and ask them to stop moving so we can talk. If he keep moving, I either run or shoot. If they stop and talk, I stay behind the wall, figure out their intentions, and act accordingly.

Situation 1: You and a fellow survivor you have just met are searching a barn, you find the only can of food in the building and your fellow survivor is down the red on on his meter. You are at orange and the next local town is a few km's away. What do you do? - I ask him how much blood he is at. If I am lower, I would keep the food. If he is low, I would give it to him. If neither of us are low, I would probably give it to him.

Situation 2: You are down to two clips of your 1911, your fellow survivor has a revolver and is currently out of ammo. Knowing you can convert the ammo of your 1911 to a revolver .45 clip, do you give that survivor your last mag or do you keep it for yourself? - I would keep them. Im still not certain whether the other person can be trusted, and if there are zombies you can always just run. A pistol also wont do much against another armed survivor.

I can promise you this. This will not be a union but only a simple place for others to come to, these forms are for people that want to contribute to a group and help build a base. These people are free to assemble a group but everyone is free to come its only at the time I need to be sure we are not comprised as I do not want to be in the middle of a construction and take fire. The location of where the base is going to be is set and in stone, the only thinks we need now are the materials.

not realy interested in joining but playing the games as running simulator with zed hurdels and player hunting..

I just felt i had to troll this tread ;-)

How long have you been playing? - to long

What is your reaction when you see other survivors, not knowing if they are friendly or bandits? - Get down, Range, zero(pref 700+ meters) shoot, get playername, eat there food, Hide body

What is your first instinct when you see another survivor? Shoot first, dont bother with asking questions later. On some server cherno and electro is MUCH safer then going north..

Open up full auto at close range.

Situation 2: You are down to two clips of your 1911, your fellow survivor has a revolver and is currently out of ammo. Knowing you can convert the ammo of your 1911 to a revolver .45 clip

do you give that survivor your last mag or do you keep it for yourself:

If he is not on the ts Im on he is dead..

I dont shoot unarmed players or players south of zelegorsk but anything north of that is free game..

ioCan i get the location to

Thinker

Trolls are fine :) as I see you are doing no harm to me so here is some :beans:

Age - 19.

How long have you been playing? - Months.

What is your reaction when you see other survivors, not knowing if they are friendly or bandits? - Hide, and watch from afar.

What is your first instinct when you see another survivor? - Ask if they are friendly, then hide.

orange and the next local town is a few km's away. What do you do? - Give it to him, obviously.

do you give that survivor your last mag or do you keep it for yourself? - Give it to him, if I know the guy at all and I didn't just meet him five minutes ago.

Edited by Lalene

Age - 27

How long have you been playing? - 3 months

What is your reaction when you see other survivors, not knowing if they are friendly or bandits? - I usually stay up in the North West woods far from other players, I've only seen one person up there before but when I did find him I stalked him and ended up finding a tent/atv he was squirreling away, popped up gps, saved location in notepad and watched as he drove away before I searched his tent. I had a person steal a car of mine NE near debug once I killed after I yelled in VOIP for him to get out, he was a ways away so probably didn't hear me but I killed him to keep my vehicle. I don't like SoS playing personally, hence why I'm a forest man myself.

What is your first instinct when you see another survivor? Stalk them to see if they can lead me to a camp/vehicle, if I see there going to just a town etc. then I get to high ground to observe and if I think they haven't seen me I leave the area immediately.

orange and the next local town is a few km's away. What do you do? - Give them the food, being a dick is not nice.

do you give that survivor your last mag or do you keep it for yourself? - Give them one so your even, if your really that screwed on items in game then it doesn't matter if they turn on you at that point, you have nothing to lose, but tbh its best to keep your distance from anyone unless you know them or there in Teamspeak for safety reasons. Shoot on sight is the norm in DayZ these days, better safe than sorry.

Age - 19

How long have you been playing? - Month or so

What is your reaction when you see other survivors, not knowing if they are friendly or bandits? - Meatshield over there

What is your first instinct when you see another survivor? Burn it with fire

Situation 1: You and a fellow survivor you have just met are searching a barn, you find the only can of food in the building and your fellow survivor is down the red on on his meter. You are at orange and the next local town is a few km's away. What do you do? - Shoot him, take the food and his items

Situation 2: You are down to two clips of your 1911, your fellow survivor has a revolver and is currently out of ammo. Knowing you can convert the ammo of your 1911 to a revolver .45 clip, do you give that survivor your last mag or do you keep it for yourself? - Shoot him and take his revolver

Edited by Layo
  • Like 1

added u on steam man, if you have skype add me "emorelix"

here is my app:

Age - 2

How long have you been playing? - 2-3 weeks

What is your reaction when you see other survivors, not knowing if they are friendly or bandits? - if they have weapons, stalk them to see their direction, then leave them alone and go in a different area. if they dont have weapons or only a pistol, i usually approach them saying im friendly or something like that.

What is your first instinct when you see another survivor? stalk them, see if they are friendly by look at their weapons and how they behave.

orange and the next local town is a few km's away. What do you do? - give it to him......duh...

do you give that survivor your last mag or do you keep it for yourself? if he is someone i just met, i would keep my ammo, and kill any zombies we encounter ,,,,,,but notably i wouldnt even engage zombies without a hachet if i have only a pistol..... but if i have been with him for over say 5 min or 10, then i will split my ammo with him probably..... it really depends how long i have been with the person... i hear lots of stories of ppl killing each other after having only just met over ammo...

i have only ever killed one person, he was a bandit ........ i have 300 zombie kills, and just a survivor player, i wana find a group of survivors to have fun and play with, not really in this game to seek ppl for pvp and stuff, really just wana play the survival aspect and enjoy killing zombies

How long have you been playing?

Day Z? For about two months I think.

What is your reaction when you see other survivors, not knowing if they are friendly or bandits?

I start thinking about the probabilities. I consider the amount of people currently on the server, how frequent deaths have been, if I have heard any nearby shots recently accompanied by someone dying, the weapon/s this survivor is using, the location of the encounter and my current gear. Once this information is processed, I estimate the chances of conflict and act accordingly.

Given the above conditions are met, or even if they are not. Hide. Observation is needed before proper interaction is attempted.

Situation 1: You and a fellow survivor you have just met are searching a barn, you find the only can of food in the building and your fellow survivor is down the red on on his meter. You are at orange and the next local town is a few kms away. What do you do?

Ask the survivor if he has food. Ask the survivor if he has a hunting knife. Ask the survivor if he has matches. Ask the survivor if he spotted any wildlife recently. Assuming hunting is a possibility, we have five minutes before he starts losing health to starvation. Try to procure beef. Assuming hunting is not a possibility. Give him the beans and set a way-point to the nearest building with food spawns. Barring proximity, hatchet zombies 'til one drops food. Meta-gaming, share the can.

Situation 2: You are down to two clips of your 1911, your fellow survivor has a revolver and is currently out of ammo. Knowing you can convert the ammo of your 1911 to a revolver .45 clip, do you give that survivor your last mag or do you keep it for yourself?

I don't get it. If I'm down to two clips I can give one to my companion and still have one for myself. If there's only just one clip, I keep it. It's not in my fashion to do away with my responsibilities. The one with the ammo is going to be the one in charge of defending the group, and I'm not gonna put that burden on someone else's shoulders unless they ask for it.

Age - 21

How long have you been playing? - A few weeks

What is your reaction when you see other survivors, not knowing if they are friendly or bandits? - I tend to keep my distance and get away from them ASAP.

Depends. If he/she is unarmed, I'm usually calm and even willing to help out. If they are armed, I'm cautious and keep my distance unless they have no intend of doing harm.

Situation 1: You and a fellow survivor you have just met are searching a barn, you find the only can of food in the building and your fellow survivor is down the red on on his meter. You are at orange and the next local town is a few km's away. What do you do? -

I'll would give them beans since they need it more than I do. However, I usually like to travel with spare can of beans.

Situation 2: You are down to two clips of your 1911, your fellow survivor has a revolver and is currently out of ammo. Knowing you can convert the ammo of your 1911 to a revolver .45 clip, do you give that survivor your last mag or do you keep it for yourself? -

I would give him the mag.

Age -21

How long have you been playing? -1 week

What is your reaction when you see other survivors, not knowing if they are friendly or bandits? -Watch them and study them and make a tactical assesment if they are friend or foe.

What is your first instinct when you see another survivor? Watch them cautiously and avoid violence if possible.

orange and the next local town is a few km's away. What do you do? -Give the survivor the food since they need it more than i do.

do you give that survivor your last mag or do you keep it for yourself? -give the other survivor the other clip two people with guns is better than one person with 2 clips.