Not sure if this is the right place or not, but figured I'd give it a go.

I was playing on this server up until 5 minutes ago. I was playing with a friend who had spawned in Elektro and I was checking out Cherno. He was chased down by someone telling him "stop, I'm going to help you". He kept running, because well, in DayZ when someone says "Stop, I'm going to help you" it typically means "i'm gonna blow your head off and take your beans". Anyway, 30 seconds later he was teleported back to the player, who then proceeded to spawn a Huey.

My friend knowing full well that running the script is not allowed figured he may as well kill as many of the scripters as he could, but when he tried to kill the original person to teleported him, they wouldn't die.

I think one of them was an admin of the server, but they all had the tag [OCN]. I've no idea how to pull server logs, and I wasn't there in person to take screenshots or fraps it.

Forgive the writing, it's late and I'm quite tired, but hopefully it makes enough sense.

Thanks!

Someone else reported this incident to us as well.

Edited by Bobicon
  • Like 2

Not sure if this is the right place or not, but figured I'd give it a go.

I was playing on this server up until 5 minutes ago. I was playing with a friend who had spawned in Elektro and I was checking out Cherno. He was chased down by someone telling him "stop, I'm going to help you". He kept running, because well, in DayZ when someone says "Stop, I'm going to help you" it typically means "i'm gonna blow your head off and take your beans". Anyway, 30 seconds later he was teleported back to the player, who then proceeded to spawn a Huey.

My friend knowing full well that running the script is not allowed figured he may as well kill as many of the scripters as he could, but when he tried to kill the original person to teleported him, they wouldn't die.

I think one of them was an admin of the server, but they all had the tag [OCN]. I've no idea how to pull server logs, and I wasn't there in person to take screenshots or fraps it.

Forgive the writing, it's late and I'm quite tired, but hopefully it makes enough sense.

Thanks!

Spart,

I'm sorry for any trouble that you may have had on US 1993 tonight. Unfortunately we had to take the server offline temporarily as there were multiple reports of cheating and we need to review our logs. We'll be bringing the server online shortly and I hope you don't let this experience be your last with us. The [OCN] tag you mentioned is not just a clan, the server is one provided by Overclock.net a tech-enthusiast community. OCN provides these servers to both our community and the DayZ community alike so that they may enjoy themselves in as safe an environmental as we can provide in Chernarus. We're currently running NT:OFF so logs are all we have at the moment to combat these cheaters. We will be revisiting that decision and having a serious discussion on the matter very soon. If we choose to turn on name tags screenshots and or fraps type recording will aid us in identifying cheaters but at the cost of immersion. Thanks for your report and I'll be sure to update this thread if I discover anything concrete.

Sincerely,

[OCN]Vortech of Overclock.net

• Like 1

Spart,

I'm sorry for any trouble that you may have had on US 1993 tonight. Unfortunately we had to take the server offline temporarily as there were multiple reports of cheating and we need to review our logs. We'll be bringing the server online shortly and I hope you don't let this experience be your last with us. The [OCN] tag you mentioned is not just a clan, the server is one provided by Overclock.net a tech-enthusiast community. OCN provides these servers to both our community and the DayZ community alike so that they may enjoy themselves in as safe an environmental as we can provide in Chernarus. We're currently running NT:OFF so logs are all we have at the moment to combat these cheaters. We will be revisiting that decision and having a serious discussion on the matter very soon. If we choose to turn on name tags screenshots and or fraps type recording will aid us in identifying cheaters but at the cost of immersion. Thanks for your report and I'll be sure to update this thread if I discover anything concrete.

Sincerely,

Vortech,

I also need to report a small problem on US 1993.

Lately we have switched to this wonderful server, finding vehicles galore having fun! Then, server restarted.. Our pinnacle of the hours was now gone. Finding our vehicles gone respawned and our tents not saved.. What is going on? We have tried this on several occasions for the past week. If you could get back ASAP.

Thanks

Zach

Vortech,

I also need to report a small problem on US 1993.

Lately we have switched to this wonderful server, finding vehicles galore having fun! Then, server restarted.. Our pinnacle of the hours was now gone. Finding our vehicles gone respawned and our tents not saved.. What is going on? We have tried this on several occasions for the past week. If you could get back ASAP.

Thanks

Zach

Zach,

First I'd like to say thanks for choosing one of our servers! I'm sorry for the trouble you guys are currently having with both tent and vehicles saves. Unfortunately both issues are characteristics of DayZ 1.7.2.5 on the hive side and beyond our control to remedy. Up until recently our servers didn't spawn vehicles as they were 8k+ instance ID servers. When the devs finally corrected 8k+ servers and gave all of us the ability to spawn vehicles they botched the save mechanism. There are a number of long threads on these forums outlining the specifics in more detail. In regards to tent saving while that is also a complication of 1.7.2.5 we may perform a rollback to 1.7.2.4 as then we can at least improve the consistency of tent saves. I'll send you a PM with some information on our servers, it may benefit both of us.

Sincerely,

I have a report about an incident on server US 1993 which I would truly like explained. I had been playing on US 1993 September 2nd for a good part of the evening and ended up logging off at 12:30am September 3/12 eastern standard time. I had managed to work my way up to the northern airfield, far right of map and had to sign off after taking a tractor north. I had been playing along with about 10 other players without a problem on that evening. I again signed in at approx. 03:00am Sept 3rd for about 2 minutes just to see if my tractor had been taken or was saved where I had left it. I noticed server US 1993 had 35 players listed as playing which is more than I normally observe. I had been on for perhaps a minute and I was killed in an animation which showed a large number of players falling into what looked like water and then dying. We then saw listed each player as having been killed. I would guess about 25 or more players were killed at the same moment I was auto killed. I signed back into the same US 1993 server and found it was still running and had about 8 players still active that at least some of which are regulars or members.

I figured someone with admin rights had killed off players in mass; especially when I saw names which appeared to be regulars were still listed as playing. Total BS; an evenings worth of game play gone, and to top things off I was re-spawned in the “Wilderness” where every that is.

A Server representing Overclockers you would figure as having some rules of conduct. So was this a hacker or Admin abuse? I of course can't know for sure but I'd be interested in feedback.

I have a report about an incident on server US 1993 which I would truly like explained. I had been playing on US 1993 September 2nd for a good part of the evening and ended up logging off at 12:30am September 3/12 eastern standard time. I had managed to work my way up to the northern airfield, far right of map and had to sign off after taking a tractor north. I had been playing along with about 10 other players without a problem on that evening. I again signed in at approx. 03:00am Sept 3rd for about 2 minutes just to see if my tractor had been taken or was saved where I had left it. I noticed server US 1993 had 35 players listed as playing which is more than I normally observe. I had been on for perhaps a minute and I was killed in an animation which showed a large number of players falling into what looked like water and then dying. We then saw listed each player as having been killed. I would guess about 25 or more players were killed at the same moment I was auto killed. I signed back into the same US 1993 server and found it was still running and had about 8 players still active that at least some of which are regulars or members.

I figured someone with admin rights had killed off players in mass; especially when I saw names which appeared to be regulars were still listed as playing. Total BS; an evenings worth of game play gone, and to top things off I was re-spawned in the “Wilderness” where every that is.

A Server representing Overclockers you would figure as having some rules of conduct. So was this a hacker or Admin abuse? I of course can't know for sure but I'd be interested in feedback.

Striker,

Thanks for making such a detailed post and sorry for any trouble you may have incurred on US 1993. Based on your explanation it sounds like a cheater teleported all players up in the air over water, which is a common thing they do to grief a server. As a server nears capacity it quickly becomes a target to cheaters as they wish to maliciously interrupt a large number of players at one time. Our servers utilize every countermeasure viable to stop, identify, and punish cheaters if possible. We also both utilize and contribute to the Community Ban List (https://code.google....munity-banlist/) regularly strengthening the DayZ Admin community. I assure the actions you described were not those of one of our staff members. Overclock.net is the community that provides our servers and we have a history of professionally managing and administrating a variety of different game servers. We administrate DayZ just as well as our other titles if not more so due to the rampant cheating due partially to the games Alpha status.

Moving forward feel free to join us on our VOIP server, it's one of the many ways you can reach us if an incident like this occurs. Also I'd like to personally apollogize for not seeing your post soon enough, somehow this thread got pushed off my first page. I try to respond to any post as quickly as possible. :)

Sincerely,