Sign in to follow this  
Falcrist

Weird hack…

So I had three run-ins with hackers today. First, I was making a weekly visit to a lonely tent I put on a random server AGES ago (a really good spot too). Two dudes teleported in and WTFPWNED me. Unfortunately, I was transferring gear to that tent, so I lost an AS50, M16 ACOG, M9SD, Ghillie Suit (which I couldn't even wear it because female character model), Nightvision, Coyote backpack, and an M14. Most of which is not easy to replace.

On my way north to check if my body is still there (hackers often leave it), everyone on the server gets nuked repeatedly, then it goes down. Oh well. Sadstorybro :(

Later on, I'm on a my usual server, making my way north. I managed to shoot someone out of an old hatchback at the Balota airfield and drive north with it. I'm like, wait a sec… look at the gear in here. This is MY old hatchback! :D I got back a G17 and my other M107 (I had three at one point :Þ)

My friends log in, and start with the bean wars, when all of a sudden my character randomly switches to the M107… O.o

Vent erupts with “WTF? I just got an M107!”… Apparently everyone on the server got an M107.

Then the chat slowly fills with “[player X] has died” messages. I don't know what happened next, because I aborted. My friends did too, but afterwords realized that they should have stayed a couple minutes so their characters would update on the hive. oh well >:-)

what is this i dont even

Edited by Falcrist

Pretty common. It's just a give gear hack, the opposite of delete gear hack.

yeah some guy gave my friend + the whole server AS50 TWS

was like 3 weeks ago

I wonder if they're trying to frame people for the ban wave that's coming. In that case, it's a good thing my friends and I all logged out almost immediately.

Scary hacker

I was on GB #500

it was pitch black but i have night gogs, i went into the church at cherogorsk and then freddy cruger music started playing! the doors closed I thot just some new spawn with a makarov, but then i turn to the side and there was a guy with camo/hachet and a zombie face! He appeared right beside me i shot him but he did not die! He then started chopping me, it was scarey as hell, he dissapeared, then appeared at the doors, he walked slowley back into the church! At this time i have a broken leg and only 3000 blood, He says to me with a low scarey voice... (LEAVE CHERNOGORSK) lol i was crappin it

he let me live and i crawled out of that town and im not going back :o

Edited by CunyFunt

Script skiddies are annoying, they are not helping, but as long as the mod is running upon a engine designed to be customisable as possible. Thus meaning even with the console disabled they can still run scripts locally that effect the server it wont change.

If you want the hacking to buggery and back to stop it would require a overhaul of the client server communications and paradigm that is currently in place.

Long story short. DayZ is a alpha mod, it is running upon a game/engine not designed to be used the way it is, and thus these things happen, so sit back enjoy what you can and eventually when standalone is out, it should remove local script support, their should be a token system and permissions for X,Y,Z implemented and checks that all in all should fix a lot of the so called hacks.

• Like 1