liondrome

DayZ Standalone pricing. (Yes another one i guess, sorry.)

Hi.

Sorry for making what probably is another thread related to the pricing of the to be standalone DayZ.

I was just thinking that most of us probably bought Arma 2 & Operation Arrowhead to be able to play DayZ, saying probably since some did for the base game but from what i can see most of us bought it for the mod that was basicly free.

Since most of us spent depending on the country and currency but i did for example 30€ for Combined Operations. Now that it is going to be standalone i feel kind of shafted since my ARMA 2 CO is going to be uselless in the near future.

Not that this is very plausible but if for example an account on DayZ was created before the alpha sales start could they get DayZ for free? Since Bohemia did get a good amount of money from every player already which was pretty much meant for playing the mod. And it would be a great PR boost for the company and the game.

Now do i note i dont know much about the stand alone yet since there is not so much news on the subject so to avoid incoming rage keep that in mind.

Or perhaps even more not plausible thing, a full refund. Again great PR if a customer wants to refund a purchase if he/she did buy it for the mod and would actyally like to have it when it is finished, since its going back to bohemia in anycase. (And techincly they would not be losing anything since they bought Arma 2 for DayZ and it would simply actyally go directly into the game now.) But that would probably be a huge hassle so who knows but one can always wish.

And yes i know that ARMA 2 will be kept up do date on DayZ development but i have not read that the finished game would actyally be in Arma 2. If it will actyally be then i apologize for this but incase not could something like this be done?

No

Griff, got another one for you over here

Sheesh.

Not only is this ridiculous, it's repetitive.

A large percentage of the player base really IS children with no money!

I love all these "Oh i spent a whole $30 on Arma II and CO so I should get a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAME for free" posts!

It's not useless, you still have Arma II combined operations, you still have the FREE DayZ mod that you can play with it.

It is in no way shape or form a bad thing to pay for a stand-alone game.

Why not try to play some Arma II, it's actually a decent game when you give it a chance. I'd say at the $30 I payed for it, I got a great deal. And I look forward to paying for the stand-alone which I also think will be a great deal.

Please don't try to make this community seem like a bunch of ungrateful asshats who have entitlement issues.