Sign in to follow this  
Kin0

Two Survivors, Two Stories

I suppose after hearing all of the stories of betrayal and banditry that go on, it would be nice to share a couple nicer events that happened to me on my recent trek in DayZ.

On one, I was sneaking my way around my usual grab-and-go spots (East of Elektro) and I made my way very cautiously to the Power Station just north of Elektro.

I snuck around the zombies without issue (surprisingly) and made sure to take my time around the fire station, to scout if anyone was around the tower. It was very quiet, no gunshots, just Zeds.

So I crawl my way into the fire station and I see an M16 in the corner with ammo, I thought that was pretty awesome and I'd have no trouble meeting up with my buddy who was just north of me at the time. As I turned around to make sure it was clear to loot, I see a survivor walk into the door and two shots fire, and I am just able to scramble to the comms button to shout "Friendly! Friendly!" as I only had my hatchet out at the time (primed for Zombie killing) and to my surprise he actually stopped shooting and asked if I was alright.

I was bleeding pretty bad, so I bandaged up and I had a broken leg. He apologized for shooting, saying that he had been killed several times before. He then offered to patch me up, he gave me 3 morphene and some food. He also trusted me enough to let me take the M16 an be on my way. So I took off as he was saying that he was pretty sure somebody else was coming too.

I played it out long enough to meet up with my friend, by this time my character had about 1000 blood and was passing out, so I ended up dying. My buddy took most of the usable stuff and I respawned half a world away.

Which brings me to my second encounter,

After I marathon ran through Cherno, ducking in a couple barns and only aggro'ing one zombie, I found a Lee Enfield and a ton of ammo, food and drink. So I started to make the long walk to where my buddy was looting, and as I was closing in on his location, I hear a survivor calling out "Friendly, don't shoot, I need help, anything please!"

So I stop, Lee Enfield in hand, as I see an unarmed survivor walking up to me. I cautiously told him "I'll help you out, just don't try anything cause I've got a friend nearby"

He replies "I won't, I promise, I don't have anything to try it with! Please, anything you can spare even a can of pop"

So I dropped a can of coke for him and he thanked me, he asked if we were near Elekrto, I told him "Yeah we're just east of Elektro, we're really close to the fire station. Be careful cause there's a sniper in the tower", I found out first hand after I had a couple bullets whiz past me as I took a wide berth around the power station.

He thanked me and went on his way, and I went off to meet my friend.

See folks, positive things can happen in this game.

i see more friendlys near the coast than further inland... ive had many many friendly interactions near coastal but i have had way more bandit run ins than friendlys.... i love seeing friendlys it does my heart good lol

i see more friendlys near the coast than further inland... ive had many many friendly interactions near coastal but i have had way more bandit run ins than friendlys.... i love seeing friendlys it does my heart good lol

I've been bandit'd in the power station many times, which is why I just smash-and-grab, I don't stay in that location longer than I need to.

Story time? OK

"the 1st legend"

id played enough of dayZ to realise when you spawn u have nothing to lose i usualy go sth to balota air base. There were corpses everywhere and the next corner i turn BAM dead. So rinse n repeate, i went back to balota but this time id found an axe look out!!! lols. I make my way bk to my body and turn the corner >.< "OHHH CRAP, u still here huh" Turns out his name was MASON and told me he just shot the guy who shot me (and also shot him b4) so mason took the murderers AK and told me to check his last corps for his old guns and gear ..... LEGEND!

Another time i was in the fire house outside cherno and had just found a crossbow. As i sneek my way up the stairs i hear footsteps n see a 2 or 3 zombies coming in from outside with agro on somone who sliped past. I didnt hear shots and knew there were no guns in that room so i spring into action!!! "GET DOWN IM TAKEN THE SHOT" and take 2 out from the stair case n the 3rd i lose site on so i run out form the stair case n drop the 3rd. I couldnt see the guy so i call out "its kool dude, i got ur back" from behind me in the corner i hear his reply "And i got urs mate" ..... I turn around and there he is with the drop on me with an einfield rifel, we both just cracked up laughing.. LOLS!