Sign in to follow this  
Shredthewolf

Crossbow Zeroing.

At what range is the crossbow zero'd to? I'm aware it's a fixed sight(apparently I had to specify on my last M1014 topic). I ask because any sight without variable zeroing are fixed for certain ranges, and combat at ANY range without knowing the zeroing of your gun is important for any situation. Important enough to change the tides of any situation. The crossbow is weak, but silent, and the surprise would also lean in your favor. What is the Crossbow sight Zeroed to?

From the wiki:

Effective Range 30m

Zeroing No

So, I'm guessing it's Zero'd for 30m but I know nothing of zeroing or snipers. I'm an assault guy.

I'd wager 50-70 meters, that's a guess, though.

I looked it up, which you need to learn to do. It's 30 meters.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...ssbow dayz wiki

This is where you stop for a moment and think.... Is the edge of your effective range where you'd zero your gun for?

I know this isn't true because the effective range for the m1014 is said to be 200 meters and but you have to aim high in order to hit.

Try not be a smart ass next time?

Crossbow fails at life.

Thanks for the helpful response!!

From the wiki:

Effective Range 30m

Zeroing No

So, I'm guessing it's Zero'd for 30m but I know nothing of zeroing or snipers. I'm an assault guy.

Even assault rifles have their sights zero'd...

Even assault rifles have their sights zero'd...

Well, I generally look at the crosshairs and hope I hit what the crosshairs are aiming it.

I do this because I can't really tell how far like, 175m is, in game or in real life. I'm terrible at judging distance.

Well, I generally look at the crosshairs and hope I hit what the crosshairs are aiming it.

I do this because I can't really tell how far like, 175m is, in game or in real life. I'm terrible at judging distance.

There are often little quirks with each gun that you can use, Mil-dots with snipers, Weather or not something is taller or not than the middle spike of the M4 Sight, Height of target within the leaf sight of the grenade launchers

There are often little quirks with each gun that you can use, Mil-dots with snipers, Weather or not something is taller or not than the middle spike of the M4 Sight, Height of target within the leaf sight of the grenade launchers

I use the m4a3 cco and the revolver, they don't really have that I know of, but if they did I would use them, I like the bullet drop thing, but I find if I'm not trying to snipe it's sort of useless to judge distance.

I use the m4a3 cco and the revolver, they don't really have that I know of, but if they did I would use them, I like the bullet drop thing, but I find if I'm not trying to snipe it's sort of useless to judge distance.

The M4a3? I like your tastes mate. As far as I know there is no real way to find out, what you can do is find yourself a range finder, or go to one of the servers with ranges given by your mousewheel menu, and try to memorize the size of targets from certain ranges.

id say go try it out on the armory if its in there... find some good shooting potions and whatnot.. that's what I have been trying to do for some of the weapons.

id say go try it out on the armory if its in there... find some good shooting potions and whatnot.. that's what I have been trying to do for some of the weapons.

It's just a shame its not plainly written out somewhere on the internet.

i was in fire house and a dude spawned fight infront of me and 1 shot me with cross bow i guess thats a good way to get loot

Edited by blazeedfire

Fun fact: I killed a guy peppering me with an AK 74u point blank with an crossbow

i was in fire house and a dude spawned fight infront of me and 1 shot me with cross bow i guess thats a good way to get loot

Still no help, but congrats to the both of you!

The M4a3? I like your tastes mate. As far as I know there is no real way to find out, what you can do is find yourself a range finder, or go to one of the servers with ranges given by your mousewheel menu, and try to memorize the size of targets from certain ranges.

best gun ever dude, really, until the g36c is in, then I will get that puppy and kill.

And thanks, I will try to find ranges of common guns I find, in the armory, that will definitely help, thanks.

I don't know how much ammo I've wasted because I'm a terrible shot.