Sign in to follow this  
subzero22

steam messenger in game?

How do I get the steam messenger to go in game like other games. I've seen one person do it but he logged off and he hasn't logged back in a few days. I'm thinking he's on vacation or left the guild that I'm in. I've tried searching google but all I find are how to install dayz.

Sorry but that doesn't work as steam doesn't load with dayz for some reason. i'm thinking it's cause I'm using six loader but when I use steam to load six loader it still doesn't load with the game itself.

It only works if you start the game with Steam.

If you start Six Loader with Steam, the overlay will work in Six Loader, not ArmA 2

Being able to use the Steam chat ingame is easy. First you open Six Launcher (I assume that you use 6L), then you click 'Options' in the bottom left corner. Look for an option called; 'Open through Steam (if possible)', and check the little box next to it. Six Launcher will now open the game through Steam, making it possible to use the Steam chat.

I will also recommend you to check the box that says: 'Close (Six Launcher) after launch'. This will close the launcher when you start the game, freeing some CPU usage etc.

Edit: Opening Six Launcher through Steam wont be necessary.

Edited by CptSquirrel