Sign in to follow this  
franck.rostain@gmail.com

Loot spawn milking by server jumping : A solution

Hello,

I perfectly understand that cross server persistence is necessary.

But this necessary mechanic is being abused by some people who despawn inside buildings with High value loot spawn point and jump server so they can milk the spawn points ad nauseam.

And it isn't even the worst part of their exploit.

The main problem is that peoples that play the game honestly by walking / running all over the map and exploring the different places to find lot get killed by peoples appearing out of nowhere inside buildings.

exemple : I survived for 5 hours, went to the nw airfield at night. Crawled to the tower and watched for 10 minutes to be certain no one was around and more importantly inside. Went in and started to explore. Found some ammo on the top floor and went to gear to pick it up / manage my gear when i see for the external view a bandit spaning just by my side!

Time for me to get out of the gear menu and turn toward him and he shot me dead.

And it is just one exemple out of dozen of similar occurences.

This particular exploit is infuriating.

But it can be fixed.

Keep in mind that the distances and other values in the following proposal are only my personnal best estimates. ROCKET and the devs could choose other values.

1- Despawning is forbiden by the game if you are within one hundred meters of any structure (house, barn, shack) be it enterable or not.

2- Despawning is forbiden by the game if you are within two hundred meters of any "military" or "medical' structure (deer post, hospital, tent, firestation, control tower, guard tower and anything that spawn military or medical gear) be it enterable or not.

3- Forcing a despawn (or having a convenient loss of internet connection) within these "security distances' would result in 5000 blood loss on reconnection (and also eventually some gear loss)

I know that this would also penalise the people who have genuine connection issue but lets be honest. In the age of ADSL how rare is it really.

The only problem with number 3 would be the server reboot and server kicks or battlenet kicks for no answers. If the database could do a check on that type of even and not penalise with bllod loss on reconnection the players affected by these event point 3 could be implemented.

If point 3 cannot be implemented because the database can't check for non player generated disconnections then use point 4

4- Forcing a despawn (or having a convenient loss of internet connection) within these "security distances' would result in a respawn in a random position distant at least 1 thousands meters from the despawn point but compatible with point 1 and 2.

So you want to despawn ? Fine, exit the city / airfield / village and make sure you are not too close of a barn or deer stand and then despawn.

Commentaries are welcomme.

Regards.

NINJA

Cool but not cool.

In my mind I think if you spawn and theres a player where you spawn then the system should spawn you 100m of this point. but its very very hard to implement this and all other sugestion like that ..

Loot already dissapears when you spawn to close to it?

Nope. And the goal of this modification would be more to reduce the loot milking than to eliminate it.

But the more important part is to avoid bandits being teleported in your back while you explore a building.

(and yes, it is mostly bandits who do this).

Ninja