Sign in to follow this  
Slyguy65

How do people spot people instantly...seriously

Whenever i get shot at i don't see muzzle flashes or anything...the sound does not help identify the angle very much...and i usually can run away while they miss....but whenever I or someone i know engages....literally within 10 seconds they find and head towards us....most times we are laying down in a tree with a ghille....WTF...just w...t..f..i don't get it...

name tags

youre playing on a server that didnt update for the tree / bush / building removal thing thats rampant atm

L85 thermal

So, basically, exploits because Dayz is client based and allows for adjusted client settings, and the server settings are painfully variable.

• Like 1

Sniper scopes/binoculars and many pairs of eyes? Maybe they had thermovision? Plus "zombies" are great indicators where people are. You approach a town and there are zombies on the left side but not on the right? Well, there are people on the left side then.

I felt the same way when I started playing DayZ. I never played Arma 2. (Though I do now from time to time) Even when my clan was shooting at people, I never saw the enemy. Although I still mostly suck 3 months later, I've gotten better at spotting people. It just takes time.

• Like 1

name tags

youre playing on a server that didnt update for the tree / bush / building removal thing thats rampant atm

L85 thermal

I was using the L85...i missed cause he zig zagged and i had forgot to zoom in at first shots but ya they were barely missing...shoulda done full auto but ya it was night and there was no name tags...i think i hit him the first shot but ya he was around bushes he spun around then instantly saw me crouched by a bush...200m away with NV that is insane...i mention the NV cause everything looks the same with NVG....i swear there were muzzle flashes or smoke or something...yet when i see someone shoot at me...i never see smoke

Edited by Slyguy65

its people who have exploited their arma 2. fight fire with fire or find a server that has a file checker :) like mine :D

Edited by Legacy

lowest graphics.

Ya i think he had done that thing where you alter that one file and there is no more foliage....cause he was in a heavy bush area i was near a tree and in a bush....and he saw me in like 5 seconds flat....it irks me.

Usually whoever spots whom first, wins. I know I have killed some people who had no clue where it came from, and vice versa. Random running through the woods/deerstands etc.

Edited by JohnnyDerp

Usually whoever spots whom first, wins. I know I have killed some people who had no clue where it came from, and vice versa. Random running through the woods/deerstands etc.

I know im saying this dude was far away....in the bushes running his back to me...i shoot at him...he spins around then darts at my direction zigzagging....in just around 5 seconds...there was also a time my buddy was on a hill with trees...he killed this one dude...almost instantly his buddy finds him and shoots at him....he dies....he was wearing a ghille hiding in a tree...that crap is just messed up IMO

Whenever i get shot at i don't see muzzle flashes or anything...the sound does not help identify the angle very much...and i usually can run away while they miss....but whenever I or someone i know engages....literally within 10 seconds they find and head towards us....most times we are laying down in a tree with a ghille....WTF...just w...t..f..i don't get it...

Some players have a lot of experience with Arma2. That with a good headset and you can tell where someone is shooting from very fast. Get a good 7.1 surround headset.

Keep an eye on your surroundings, and scout a bit more/glass a bit more the horizon, treelines, bushes, main travel routes and if you see someone..ALWAYS do a thorough scan for whoever may be supporting them from a distance or hunting them as well.

Ghillie suits don't provide as much cammo as you think, they tend to be big lumpy things. They are always easy to spot once you know what to look for, kind of an out of place big outline, even when laying down.

When your buddy shot, the other guy could turn straight towards the sound and start looking for out of place lumps,like ghillie suited players.

Terrain and graphics settings can make a big difference. I was playing in a night time server last night and there was someone about 50metres away from me. I could see him but he couldn't see me. Lucky for him Im a bad shot. He kept running through a field while I took pots shots and then he ALT+f4.

Edited by sostronk