Doodiebutton

This has to be some kind of joke.

The core game is working. So i dont see your point. You might interpretate "core game" different as a consumer, but if you worked in a studio, or worked in a QA company, or just in general, had done alpha testing before, you would know that the core of Day Z is working.

Which part of "Not referring to dayz but to what you said." you don't understand?

Edited by SillySil

Which part of "Not referring to dayz but to what you said." you don't understand?

I dont know if you are just completely dum-dum, or whats going on with you. You are obviously hinting that the core game of dayz dont work, or that the core game of something in alpha should work.

No, i already told you, it should not nessesarily work in alpha, its LUCKY that Day Z's core actually functions. What is it you dont understand?

In case you did not understand above sentence, NOT REFERING SPECIFICALLY TO DAY Z, Core gameplay does not nessesarily work during alpha of a game.

I dont know if you are just completely dum-dum, or whats going on with you. You are obviously hinting that the core game of dayz dont work, or that the core game of something in alpha should work.

No, i already told you, it should not nessesarily work in alpha, its LUCKY that Day Z's core actually functions. What is it you dont understand?

In case you did not understand above sentence, NOT REFERING SPECIFICALLY TO DAY Z, Core gameplay does not nessesarily work during alpha of a game.

Wouldn't you be unable to test anything if the core game isn't working? And isn't testing the purpose of alpha? How can a game be in a testing stage if it's so broken it can't be tested?

Edited by SillySil

Wouldn't you be unable to test anything if the core game isn't working? And isn't testing the purpose of alpha? How can a game be in a testing stage if it's so broken it can't be tested?

Normally, an alpha test would be restricted to parts of the game where feedback is needed.

Essentially, the studio would senda the recent version of the "restricted" client so the QA team can thoroughly test said content, this could be zombie behaviour in pusta and ONLY zombie behaviour in pusta.

Overtime more things gets focused and the game ends up slightly more polished, testing paramters widen and if something dont work, you take a step back figure out why, make it work and test it again.

Studios are divided into several departments, a QA team can test several things while a broken feature is getting fixed. That way testing never really stops.

You rarely have a "full gaming experience" until very late into alpha, which you cant really say Day Z is, yet we have much more content available to us.

Edited by Suspenselol

There is a video out there in the abyss that explains why there are so many hackers. It's an engine problem, well not a problem, more a feature that doesn't work for dayz. The engine allows for any script to be run whenever you want, because it's designed for the most hardcore of gamers and military contractors. This is only something that can be fixer through standalone. Wonder why they're announcing development on it already when it was planned for much later? Because they actually do make an effort and they do give a shit. It'll be fixed, give it time.

Normally, an alpha test would be restricted to parts of the game where feedback is needed.

Essentially, the studio would senda the recent version of the "restricted" client so the QA team can thoroughly test said content, this could be zombie behaviour in pusta and ONLY zombie behaviour in pusta.

Overtime more things gets focused and the game ends up slightly more polished, testing paramters widen and if something dont work, you take a step back figure out why, make it work and test it again.

Studios are divided into several departments, a QA team can test several things while a broken feature is getting fixed. That way testing never really stops.

You rarely have a "full gaming experience" until very late into alpha, which you cant really say Day Z is, yet we have much more content available to us.

I get all that. But to do anything in game, the core has to work doesn't it? Maybe we are thinking about different things when saying "core game"? By that I mean you can be put in-game, run around things like that. I don't see how you can test anything if you can't "play" the game or a part of it. And then there are the essential things. Like inventory or weapons in dayz. Shouldn't these essential things work in open tests? Ofc these can be disabled in closed testing since you test one thing at the time so you don't need that. But in open test, the basic things should be functional. And right now dayz is dominated by hackers/dupers. Which kinda kills the main mechanic of the game, the looking for items. Maybe I'm expecting it too much to be like a beta? But everything is available to us. Nothing is restricted. I could understand it all not working if we were doing some specific testing. This is what I was referring to at the very beginning.

Edited by SillySil

Um fixing hacking shouldn't be put off till beta... why? because it's killing this games reputation. I mean who gives a crap if the game has bears if hackers are in every other server. Now the devoloper team needs to hit this hacking surge so hard that anyone who hacks is perma banned and arma 2 needs to start banning hacker's cd keys, and battle eye needs to give admins power to fight back. My point is if the devo team, arma 2, and battle eye don't get their heads out of their asses it could destroy this game before it begins!

Edited by Robert-_-Frost